School is back in session, and Brawlhalla’s Legends are not impressed. Ada already landed herself in detention, Koji is up to no good, and Asuri just won’t stop running in the halls on her first day of class.
That’s right, it’s time to go Back to School. We hope all of the goodies we’ve cooked up will help soften the blow of summer ending and homework beginning. Remember: Don’t play Brawlhalla in class. Learn from Ada’s mistakes.
Back to School!
- Detention Ada – “Being bad feels pretty good, huh?”
- Greased Lightning Koji – “He’s got the chops!”
- First Day Asuri – “Don’t forget your bus number!”
- Avatar – Brawlhalla 101
- Avatar – Oodles of Doodles
- Home Team Colors – Show off your school pride with these black, red, and gold colors.
- Back to School bonus +250 gold per login! Please remember that protecting your lunch money is up to you and your clan.
Mallhalla – The Dragon Chest
The glorious treasures long hoarded by a dangerous dragon are now available for purchase in Mallhalla! The Dragon’s Chest contains 18 Legend Skins total and three unique skins that are:
- Elven Ranger Diana
- Lord Sentinel
- Dragonslayer Val
New Queue – Friendly 2v2!
The three weeks of Friendly 2v2 as the Brawl of the Week was incredibly successful! We know you all loved the game mode, so we have decided to make it permanent! We hope you enjoy this new permanent edition to the game, and may all your 2v2 brawls be filled with risky plays and gloriously coordinated combos.
- Friendly 2v2 is now a permanent queue!
- Same rules as during Brawl of the Week (standard 2v2 maps and rules with Team Damage OFF)
Brawl of the Week – Brawlball Bash!
- 3v3 Brawlball
- Queue solo or with friends
- First to three scores win
Modified Test Features
This week, we’re looking into pulling a final bit of power from aerial dodges by moving some recover distance from them to Recovery attacks.
With this change, the variation between travel distance of the different Recovery powers becomes more meaningful, so we’ve brought some of the outliers like Sword closer to the middle.
Some Recover Time on miss has been added to the powers that increased travel distance to adjust for their continued movement making them less punishable.
Expect a number of other power adjustments over the next few weeks, including more iteration on the Recovery attacks. In particular, we plan to audit aerial powers with high active frames now that the Dodge duration is significantly reduced, and tweak ground kits to make defending against a Dash approach or a Dash jump approach a choice with clearer right and wrong options.
The 4 frame startup on directional dodges has been removed. Most of the feedback on it suggested that the dodge window on a string not being the same across all options caused more confusion than it solved problems.
Startup on forward Dash has been reduced by a frame to make the minimum timing for canceling it into an attack when following up a hit the same as a Chase Dodge. It also increases the relative power of Dash versus a Backdash or other defensive options in neutral.
- Directional and chase dodges returned to having 2 startup. Directional dodges are now 2 startup / 12 active / 0 recover.
- Reduced movement speed of directional dodges; Increased travel distance of Recovery powers to compensate.
- Increased the window for getting a directional Dodge when leaving stun from 2 frames to 4.
- Attempting to Chain Dodge backward will still result in a Spot Dodge, but will cancel all forward momentum.
- Fixed a bug that prevented downward Chain Dodge while grounded.
- Reduced forward Dash startup from 3 to 2. Chained Dash startup is unaffected.
Test Feature Power Changes
- Unarmed Recovery – Increased distance travelled; Increased Recover Time on miss from 5 Fixed 16 Variable to 5 Fixed 19 Variable.
- Sword Recovery – Decreased Active Frames from 25 to 19, resulting in decreased distance travelled.
- Lance Recovery – Increased distance travelled; Increased Recover Time on miss from 2 Fixed 17 Variable to 2 Fixed 19 Variable.
- Hammer Recovery – Increased distance travelled; Reduced Active Frames from 5 to 4; Increased Recover Time on miss from 3 Fixed 19 Variable to 3 Fixed 22 Variable.
- Blasters Recovery – No changes this week.
- Spear Recovery – Increased distance travelled; Reduced Active Frames from 22 to 16; Increased Recover Time on miss from 1 Fixed 23 Variable to 1 Fixed 27 Variable.
- Katars Recovery – Increased distance travelled; Reduced Active Frames from 21 to 17; Increased Recover Time on miss from 1 Fixed 16 Variable to 1 Fixed 18 Variable.
- Axe Recovery – Increased distance travelled; Increased Recover Time on miss from 2 Fixed 14 Variable to 2 Fixed 16 Variable.
- Bow Recovery – Increased distance travelled; Increased Recover Time on miss from 1 Fixed 19 Variable to 1 Fixed 21 Variable.
- Gauntlets Recovery – Increased distance travelled; Increased Recover Time on miss from 7 Fixed 10 Variable to 7 Fixed 12 Variable.
- Scythe Recovery – Increased distance travelled; Reduced Active Frames from 13 to 9; Increased Recover Time on miss from 0 Fixed 22 Variable to 0 Fixed 24 Variable.
- Minor layering tweak for Ada’s character select pose.
- Jumping forward in a replay by clicking on the scrub bar will now be instant, like jumping backward is, as long as that part of the replay has already been simulated.
- Small decrease to the size of memory footprint during long games.
- Reduced memory usage for animated weapons and bones.
New Legend Rotation
This week’s Legend Rotation features Lord Vraxx, Teros, Val, Mordex, Yumiko, and Queen Nai.
- Fixed the random head from having incorrect bones show up.
- Fixed a rare bug where the game would crash if you refunded the last item in your. purchases list and managed to move your cursor to the right before hearing back from the server.