Welcome to Patch 2.76! Season 6 is only one week away, and this patch introduces a number of balance changes in test features to compliment the dash mechanic going live next week! We’ve also added new skins, bug fixes and more in this patch! Enjoy your final week of the Season!
- Fangwild Kor – “A living shard of the ancient forest!”
- Sky Scourge Jhala – “No greater terror in the skies, except for maybe mecha dragons.:
Brawl of the Week
A game of quick alliances, and sudden betrayals.
- 3 Player FFA
- 3 Minutes Timed
New character select sounds have been added for the following Legends
- Wu Shang
- The bot in Training Mode will now have the same taunts assigned as the player.
- New Control option in Training Mode: Mirror. With this on, the bot will be controlled by the same inputs as the player. This can be useful for answering previously hypothetical questions such as “What happens when Nix and Mordex side signature at the same time?”
Modified Test Features
One of the early player concerns about the loss of invulnerable approaches on the ground focused on how to get in on an enemy using a high priority attack like Spear Neutral Light.
With this week’s changes, if a Dash Jump is input on or before the same frame as the Spear NLight or SLight, it will safely leap over them. However, the Spear Down Light is a little more dangerous for when players get too reliant on this approach.
The grounded attacks of several other weapons have likewise been tweaked to separate the responses to a Dash approach versus a Dash Jump approach a little more and force more of an intentional choice for both attacker and defender.
Expect more changes next week with Season 6 to further adjust for the increased momentum and decreased invulnerability of Dash and Dodge.
- Dash Jump arc leaves the ground faster and reaches a shorter max height.
- Reduced forward Dash startup when landing from 7 to 6.
- For a full list of dash mechanics in comparison to live, take a look at this reddit post.
Test Feature Power Changes
- Sword Side Light – Decreased hitbox height on the first three active frames.
- Hammer Neutral Light – Reduced hitbox height.
- Hammer Side Light – Increased Time to Hit from 12 to 13; Added a hop to raise hitbox height; Slightly increased distance traveled.
- Hammer Down Light – Slows momentum starting at the first active frame, should make follow up hits easier when used at high speed.
- Spear Neutral Light – Increased Time to Hit from 5 to 6; Slightly reduced hitbox height.
- Spear Side Light – Decreased hitbox height and slightly increased hitbox width on the first swing; Stun Time reduced from 20 to 19.
- Spear Down Light – Decreased Time to Hit from 11 to 10.
- Blasters Recovery: Increased Time to Hit from 9 to 11, and Decreased time between penultimate hit and the final shot from 11 to 9, resulting in decreased distance travelled; Recover Time on hit changed from 0 Fixed/18 Variable to 0 Fixed/17 Variable; Recover Time on miss changed from 0 Fixed/18 Variable to 0 Fixed/19 Variable.
- Katar Neutral Light – Decreased hitbox width.
- Axe Neutral Light – Decreased hitbox height and slightly increased hitbox width on the first swing.
- Axe Side Light – Increased Time to Hit from 12 to 13; Increased distance traveled.
- Scythe Down Light – Increased Time to Hit from 10 to 11; Slightly reduced hitbox width; Hitbox height decreases after the first three active frames.
New Legend Rotation
This week’s new Legend Rotation features Artemis, Asuri, Azoth, Cassidy,Cross, and Gnash!
- Fixed a bug so that Best Legend in Ranked 1v1 no longer takes tier into account (Credit: /u/Tyreathian).
- In Test Features, fixed a bug that gave Exhausted Hammer Recovery extra upward movement (Credit: AgedSwiss).
- Fixed a bug where the name of the Queue on replays would show up as “Unknown” if not connected to the Brawlhalla servers.
- Fixed a bug that applied extra recover time to Blasters Recovery in Test Features.
- Fixed a bug that could cause jump animations to stop early.