Welcome to Patch 3.03! In this update we’re adding the new Brawl City Chest, balance improvements, bug fixes and more! This is the first balance patch since the pre-BCX balance lock, and we hope you enjoy the changes. See you in Brawlhalla!
New Brawl City Chest!
The Brawl City Chest has been discovered! This chest contains an assortment of 18 skins and three chest exclusive skins, which are:
- Crossfade Orion
- Nix Couture
- New School Jhala
Brawl of the Week – Dodgebomb!
- Score 2 points for a knockout, lose a point for being knocked out.
- 4 Player FFA
- 2 minutes.
- Official Dodgebomb Map
- Highest score wins!
Brawlhalloween Bids You Farewell
- Brawlhalloween festivities have come to a close. We’ll see you next year when the spooky season emerges once again to provide treats and terror to all.
- The next Brawlhalla seasonal event is the Brawlidays in December!
- The controller devices screen now supports paging to support more than nine plugged in devices.
- Fixed a bug on the Small Twilight Grove test map where releasing a ground pound attack before hitting one of the steep slopes but still hitting the slope before the minimum hold time on the ground pound finished would cause you to get locked into the ground pound until death.
This week’s balance changes are focused on quality of life changes for currently underperforming weapons, continued adjustments for the Cannon, as well as shifting rewards on the Unarmed kit to better fit their speed and range. We have also updated a number of underperforming Signatures for either better reward or responsiveness, in addition to continuing adjustments for Sidra.
Unarmed has received decreases in reward to some of its common options given their quick startup, while increasing the stun on some options that would either leave the user at a disadvantage or are best used at creating space to grab a weapon.
- Side Light: Decreased Force from 75~60 Fixed/35~30 Variable to 75~60 Fixed/32~27 Variable.
- Neutral Air: Decreased Damage from 21 to 17; Increased Stun from 19 to 21.
- Down Air: Decreased Damage from a range of 1~22 to a range of 1~18.
- Ground Pound: Increased Stun from 18 to 19.
The ground kit has received some quality of life adjustments in the form of greater health ranges for follow-up attacks on the Side Light for more consistent reward on this attack. The Lance has also gained a better angle of knockback on the Neutral Light for continuing strings at low damage as well as setting up edge-guards at high damage ranges.
- Neutral Light: Slightly lowered angle of knockback.
- Side Light: Decreased Force from 35 Fixed/20 Variable to 30 Fixed/14 Variable.
Side Light has been adjusted for more consistent setup when connecting from the first strike. There are still close range variations available such as Neutral Air, but the standard follow-ups such as Down Light now connect more regularly on airborne opponents regardless of where they were struck.
- Side Light: Altered knockback of the first swing for more consistent follow-ups from the second swing.
We have slowed down several aspects of the Cannon’s kit, primarily the time between missed attacks, to open up clearer opportunities to combat a grounded Cannon user. The Down Air has also received an increase in Time to Hit to open up certain strings and to increase the effectiveness of anti-air attacks against the Cannon.
- Neutral Light: Increased Recover time on miss from 0 Fixed/9 Variable to 1 Fixed/12 Variable.
- Side Light: Increased Damage from 13 to 15.
- Down Light: Increased Recover time on miss from 0 Fixed/8 Variable to 2 Fixed/10 Variable.
- Down Air: Increased Time to Hit from 15 to 16.
We have increased the reward or responsiveness on several Signature attacks that have fallen behind other similar options, such as the speed of Thatch’s anti-air Neutral Sword and the Damage on some of Scarlet’s attacks. We have also updated some of Sidra’s attacks, as the Down Sword could rotate into follow-up attacks too quickly on miss, and the Side Cannon’s Damage has been reduced to compensate for its effectiveness at scoring knockouts.
- Scarlet Side Hammer: Increased base Damage of the aerial version from 10 to 18; Increased Stun from 18 to 20
- Scarlet Neutral Lance: Increased base Damage from 17 to 21.
- Thatch Neutral Sword: Decreased Time to Hit after charge from 8 to 7.
- Artemis Down Scythe: Increased base Damage from 20 to 22.
- Artemis Down Lance: Now receives increased Damage and Force from charge time, resulting in moderately increased knockback and increased Damage ranging from 3~5.
- Kor Down Hammer: Slightly Increased radius of attack during the roll.
- Sidra Down Sword: Increased total Recover time when landing on the ground from 21 to 29.
- Sidra Side Cannon: Decreased base Damage from 28 to 25.
New Legend Rotation
This week’s new Legend Rotation features Artemis, Asuri, Azoth, Bodvar, Brynn, and Cross.
- Fixed a visual bug (PS4 only) where wall-sliding on the right side wall on Small Mammoth Fortress would have a small visual gap.
- Fixed a layering issue with the torso in Rocket Lance’s idle animation.
- Fixed a visual bug that would cause KO fx to sometimes play twice or more times in quick succession.
- PS4 – Fixed a texture memory leak that occurred with weapon selection.
- PS4 – Fixed a missing special effect with Artemis’s lance n-sig on-hit.
- PS4 – Fixed an issue where some sounds would get cut off abruptly. They will now be quickly faded out instead of instantly stopped.
- Fixed a PS4 crash bug that could occur at the end of a tournament match.
- Fixed Metadev Ember weapon names.
- Hammer Ground Pound: Improved hurtboxing to better match the animation.
- Kor Down Hammer: Fixed a case where the target could be dropped before the final hit when airborne. (Credit: WorldofBay)