In Patch 3.10 we’re adding new skins, new balance improvements, squashing a few bugs, and reducing the gold price of Kaya down to 5400. We hope you enjoy, and we’ll see you in Brawlhalla!
- Dragon Heart Ember – “Mystical gifts of the Fangwild. Bonus: Dragon helm poses with Ember’s actions!”
- Witchfire Brynn – “Only the bravest dance with the weave of the Fates.”
- Kaya’s gold price has been reduced to 5400 Gold!
Brawl of the Week – 3v3 Skirmish!
- 3v3, 8 minutes, 3 Stocks, no holding back.
- Queue solo or with friends.
- Friendly fire OFF.
- First team to KO the other team wins!
- Removed visual artifacts on platforms on Big Great Hall, Big Titan’s End, Brawlhaven, The Great Hall, Small Blackguard Keep, Small Great Hall, Small Grumpy Temple, Grumpy Temple, and Titan’s End.
- Matchmaking will now try to match Diamond players against other Diamond players more quickly than before.
This week we are focusing on giving updated string options for some currently underperforming weapons, as well as changes to the Bow aimed at curtailing areas of excessive coverage. The most notable changes are happening to the Lance and Cannon Side Light attacks, both serving to create more stable and continued engagement when scoring a hit. We also have altered the Recovery time on some notable Signatures to better fit the average gameplay timing.
The Lance Side Light has been updated for further consistency across a broader health range, with a lower overall setup height. This will also provide users with more consistent interactions at different distances, as well as more reliable use of the Down Air at earlier health ranges. The slightly faster minimum charge for the Recovery attack affords lance users an option for knocking out heavily damaged opponents from a close range Side Light, while maintaining dodge escapes at farther range.
- Lance Side Light: This attack is now multi-hit for a more stable setup location before the final hit; Decreased Force from 30 Fixed/14 Variable to 30 Fixed/8 Variable.
- Lance Down Air: Increased Stun of final hit from 22 to 23.
- Lance Recovery: Decreased Minimum Charge time from 12 to 11.
We have decreased the grounded coverage of the Bow’s Neutral Light attack to better fit the more recent close-range coverage of the Side Light, and to enforce more meaningful choice of facing when using this attack. In a similar fashion, the Recovery has received a slight reduction to its area of coverage, along with improvements to Hurtboxing during this power. These improvements have the added effect of decreasing the range at which the Recovery will crest a corner from off-stage and have active line-of-sight to strike opponents.
- Bow Neutral Light: Decreased grounded coverage, especially towards the rear of the user.
- Bow Recovery: Slightly Decreased maximum range; Improved Hurtboxing to better follow the animation.
The Cannon kit has been shuffled around with particular attention to the Side Light. Previously, connecting with this attack would knock the opponent forward, similar to the Neutral Light, but oftentimes too far forward for continued engagement and a generally slower pace of gameplay. We have altered the knockback trajectory to an upward-diagonal angle, allowing use of attacks for strings such as Down Air, Side Air, or even Recovery in cases of striking an airborne opponent or to catch jump responses. Some of the speed and power on the Neutral Air has been shuffled to the Down Air, for better use when connecting with a Down Light or Side Light and more advantageous positioning when connecting during an edgeguard. This change in Time to Hit also afford the Neutral Air a more natural degree of upward movement when used when jumping.
- Cannon Side Light: Angle of knockback altered to be more vertical; Decreased Force from 100 Fixed/36 Variable to a range of 100~80 Fixed/0 Variable; Increased Stun from a range of 23~18 to a range of 26~21; Decreased Damage from 15 to 14.
- Cannon Neutral Air: Increased Time to Hit from 11 to 13; Decreased Damage from 15 to 14.
- Cannon Down Air: Decreased Time to Hit from 16 to 15; Increased Force from 12 Fixed/39 Variable to 14 Fixed/40 Variable.
We have altered the Recovery time on Ember’s Side Katars and Artemis’ Down Lance to be more in line with other similar attacks; the former being too low in overall duration and the latter being too committal for its more niche use. We have also reduced the Damage on Kaya’s Side Bow given its range and excellent utility.
- Ember Side Katars: Increased Recovery time from 12 to 15.
- Artemis Down Lance: Decreased Recovery time from 14 to 11.
- Kaya Side Bow: Decreased Damage from 28 to 25.
New Legend Rotation
This week’s new Legend Rotation features Bodvar, Diana, Caspian, Mirage, Sidra, and Ulgrim.
- Kaya Side Spear: Fixed a bug that could cause an extra cloud to appear when gravity canceling onto a stage.
- Gnash Down Spear: Fixed a case where the user could extend into stage walls. (Credit: Shiro1611)
- Cannon Side Air: Fixed a bug that could cause the target to be dropped before the final hit. (Credit: Afropig34)
- Cannon Ground Pound: Fixed a case where the grounded version could trigger when slightly past a stage corner. (Credit: Improt)
- Fixed PC support for Logitech Rumblepad 2