Welcome to Patch 3.23! In this jam-packed patch we will welcome Ranked Season 9 with a new reward you can spend your hard-earned Glory on: The Goldforged Color scheme! We also have added the Elemental Chest and have reworked the art of Grumpy Temple with a brand new soundtrack as well. Additionally, we have done controller fixes, bug fixes, controller customization updates, changed the weekly Legend rotation, added new sales items and a new BotW!
Map – Grumpy Temple
- Revamped art and a brand new soundtrack!
- Battle to please the Grumpy Gods!
Brawl of the Week – Brawlball Bash!
This week’s Brawl of the Week is Brawlball, where you and your team try to snag the ball and juke or pass past your opponents, so you can hold it in their goal to score!
- Queue alone or with friends!
- 3v3 Brawlball
- First team to score 3 wins!
- Goldforged color scheme now available under the ranked tab and can be purchased with Glory.
- New Elemental Chest!
- Three exclusives skins in this limited-time chest: Stormlord Ada, Inferno Ragnir, and Dust Devil Cassidy.
- We also have new sale items, come check them out!
- Fixed an issue with Switch Controller Pro Controller for Mac.
- PS4 & Steam: The “Pick Up with Quick Attack” option for controllers has been moved into the controls screen.
- Steam: Players using the same type of controller are now able to have different custom bindings.
- When customizing controller controls, there is now a new “Apply & Save” button next to the “Apply” button.
“Apply” will now only bind the custom controls to the current controller and will no longer save them or override the controls for any other controllers.
“Save & Apply” will do the same as “Apply” but will also save those bindings as the default scheme for that controller (but will *not* override the controls for other players).
New Ranked Season!
Season 9 – Rewards and Soft Elo reset!
If you’re new to Seasons, here’s some information you should know. You’re going to have a soft elo reset, and you’ll also receive Glory, the currency you receive for playing ranked. You can use it in the Ranked section of Mallhalla to get special colors and weapon skins to show your dedication to your favorite Legend. We hope you enjoy your rewards and enjoy the New Season!
Note: Current Seasons for each platform are Season 9 (PC) and Season 4 (PS4).
Soft Elo Reset Formula
Soft Elo Reset is based on your current elo at the end of the season.
1v1 and 2v2 Personal Rating
- Under 1400: New Elo = Old Elo
- Over 1400: New Elo = 1400 + (Old Elo – 1400) / (3 – (3000 – Old Elo) / 800)
2v2 Team and Legend Rating
- 2v2 Team & Legend Ratings have been brought closer to 750.
- Under 2000: Elo = (Elo + 375) / 1.5
- Over 2000, we aggressively brought you back down as a way of resetting the top tiers. Diamond level players will be reset to high gold or low platinum.
Glory Earnings Calculation
Glory earned is based on a combination of your Highest Peak Rating (highest 1v1, 2v2, team, or Legend rating/elo) and total Wins. This was designed in order to reward both skill and dedication for those who pursue Glory.
You gain 20 Glory per win up to 150 wins, which gets you 3000 Glory. After 150 wins, each subsequent win gives you slightly less.
Note: There is a minimum requirement of 10 games played to be eligible for Glory based on your rating.
You can also use: http://www.brawlhalla.com/glory-calculator/ for a convenient estimate of what your Elo and Glory gained after reset will be.
Ranked Borders from Season 8 (PC) and Season 3 (PS4)
If you placed in gold or better in your best rating, you are given a ranked border that people will see in the match preview screen. There are ranked borders for gold, platinum, and diamond tiers. These will last for one season and will be updated again after the new season comes to a close.
Your border from any previous season does not carry over or have any impact on your current border reward.
Ranked Avatars from Season 8 (PC) and Season 3 (PS4)
Ranked Avatars include prestigious versions for those who’ve placed in high ranks during previous seasons. For example, if you placed in Platinum last season and Gold this season you’ll receive the upgraded versions of the Competitor’s Badge and Gold Emblem. You will still have your original Platinum Emblem avatar from previous seasons.
You must play a minimum of 10 games to receive ranked avatars / borders at ANY rank.
- Competitor’s Badge: Awarded to anyone who plays 10 Ranked Games or more.
- Gold Emblem: Awarded to players who finish at Gold or above.
- Platinum Emblem: Awarded to players who finish at Platinum or above.
- Diamond Emblem: Awarded to players who finish at Diamond.
- Upgraded versions of Ranked Avatars are awarded to those who have earned the same Avatar in any previous seasons.
5th & 6th Tier Ranked Avatar Upgrade Information
For players who have reached the 5th Tier of an avatar by reaching a certain rank or higher for five total seasons: the 5th Tier of that avatar will stay in your inventory permanently! Congratulations on your achievements!
The 6th Tier Avatar, for those who have reached a certain rank or higher for six total seasons, will take on a brand new look! These avatars will grow more and more prestigious with each subsequent seasonal repeat up to Tier 10, at which point the Tier 10 avatar will remain in your inventory permanently.
In short, every 5 Tiers of avatars, you’ll keep the most awesome, most decked out version permanently, and then start work on a new version for subsequent tiers for 6-10, 11-15, and so on.
New Ranked Color Scheme – Goldforged!
Beyond glory there is immortality! A new ranked color scheme has arrived! Goldforged color scheme is only purchasable with Glory and requires the Skyforged color scheme of that same Legend to have already been purchased.
This week’s Legend rotation includes: Hattori, Yumiko, Wu Shang, Nix, Ragnir and Jiro.
- Hattori – A gifted ninja with unparalleled skill with the Sword and Spear has discovered Valhalla. Will she find any worthy challengers there?
- Yumiko – Holding the appearance of a blind seamstress, this centuries old fox spirit has been brought into battle wielding her Magical Hammer and Bow!
- Wu Shang – Using the way of peace, discipline and martial arts, he takes down his foes with Spear and Gauntlets!
- Nix – Led by a thousand year hunt, this reaper, armed with both Blasters and Scythe, has found herself new bounty in Valhalla.
- Ragnir – This apex predator, whose home is in the Fangwild, now ventures outward using his Katars and Axe to take on the rest of the Legends in Valhalla!
- Jiro – Trained as a child by a powerful and secret shinobi family, Jiro comes into the arena with not only Scythe and Sword but shadow clones as well!
Fixed an extremely rare bug, where a player could appear as the Random silhouette in practice mode while waiting for matchmaking.