Welcome to Patch 3.29! In this jam-packed patch, we welcome Ranked Season 10! We also added the Darkheart Spire Podium and five new country Avatars. Additionally, we have done bug fixes, changed the weekly Legend rotation, added new sales items and a new BotW!
Back to School!
- Detention Ada – “Being bad feels pretty good, huh?”
- Greased Lightning Koji – “He’s got the chops!”
- First Day Asuri – “Don’t forget your bus number!”
- Kindergarten Kaya – “Missed the bus? Take a mammoth instead.”
- Gridiron Xull – “The best offense is more offense.”
- Avatar – Brawlhalla 101
- Avatar – Oodles of Doodles
- Home Team Colors – Show off your school pride with these black, red, and gold colors.
- Back to School bonus +250 Gold per login! Please remember that protecting your lunch money is up to you and your clan.
- Check out the Back to School Event!
- Home Team Colors
- Exclusive Skins for Ada, Koji, and Asuri
- Introducing new Skins for Kaya and Xull
- Back to School Avatars
- New Podium:
- Darkheart Spire – “Rise to the top by plunging into the darkness.”
- New Country Avatars:
- India, Indonesia, Saudi Arabia, Slovakia, and Venezuela!
- Check out the new sale items!
- News page now has hotkey navigations for both closing the window and viewing the patch notes.
- Music and Volume sliders in the system settings menu have had their visual displays tweaked.
Brawl of the Week – Team Strikeout!
You and your teammate pick your best three Legends and face off against an enemy team. 3 stocks for each player; run through your list of Legends as you lose stocks. K.O. all Legends on the enemy team to win!
- 2v2 Strikeout
- 3 Stocks
- Last team standing wins!
- Queue alone or with a friend!
- Fixed a bug where sometimes your friends would show up with the default text of “Friend #.”
- Fixed a bug where the client could get stuck opening a chest forever, if they lost connection, but the client hadn’t realized it yet.
- Fixed a bug where the UI could stay up over your screen when rejoining a game that you left.
- If a player’s controller disconnects during the match preview of an offline game, the game will no longer put the pause screen on top of the match preview screen.
- Fixed a rare bug where attempting to leave a matchmaking queue while your connection to the servers goes down causes the game to get stuck on a black screen.
- Fixed a bug where explosions from a mine planted in a ceiling could fail to hit. (Credit: Ishmerru)
- Fixed a bug where guest players on remote clients wouldn’t show their guest number in their abbreviated name.
- Friends list text is now easier to read when a player is offline.
- Players can now view the PSN profile for other players through the Game Room list, Friends list, Party Manager, and the post-game Scoreboard’s “Inspect” option.
This week’s Legend rotation includes: Sentinel, Jhala, Diana, Mordex, Sidra, and Orion!
- Sentinel – The first and greatest costumed superhero in America has come to Asgard, finding those who need protecting and vanquishing injustice with his Katars and Grappling Hammer.
- Jhala – Given the title “Exalted Lion” by Apollo himself, Jhala “The Unbroken” takes the glamor of Valhalla in stride while having fun slaying her foes with Axe and Sword.
- Diana – Commander of the Order’s hunters, she uses her Bow and Blasters to slay countless beasts and monsters.
- Mordex – Wielding Gauntlets and Scythe, this lycanthrope steps into battle!
- Sidra – The Corsair Queen, known for her legendary and fearless raids, is prepared to fight with her Sword and Cannon!
- Orion – A revered warrior and champion, the mysterious armored knight uses Rocket Lance and Spear to battle his foes in the halls of Valhalla!
New Ranked Season!
Season 10 – Rewards and Soft Elo reset!
If you’re new to Seasons, here’s some information you should know. You’re going to have a soft elo reset and will also receive Glory, the currency you receive for playing Ranked. You can use it in the Ranked section of Mallhalla to get special colors and weapon skins to show your dedication to your favorite Legend. We hope you enjoy your rewards and enjoy the New Season!
(Note: PC and PS4 will now both be on the same Season)
Soft Elo Reset Formula
Soft Elo Reset is based on your current elo at the end of the season.
1v1 and 2v2 Personal Rating
- Under 1400: New Elo = Old Elo
- Over 1400: New Elo = 1400 + (Old Elo – 1400) / (3 – (3000 – Old Elo) / 800)
2v2 Team and Legend Rating
- 2v2 Team & Legend Ratings have been brought closer to 750.
- Under 2000: Elo = (Elo + 375) / 1.5
- Over 2000, we aggressively brought you back down as a way of resetting the top tiers. Diamond level players will be reset to high gold or low platinum.
Glory Earnings Calculation
Glory earned is based on a combination of your Highest Peak Rating (highest 1v1, 2v2, team, or Legend rating/elo) and total Wins. This was designed in order to reward both skill and dedication for those who pursue Glory.
You gain 20 Glory per win up to 150 wins, which gets you 3000 Glory. After 150 wins, each subsequent win gives you slightly less.
Note: There is a minimum requirement of 10 games played to be eligible for Glory based on your rating.
For more help estimating your Glory or Elo after the reset, check out: http://www.brawlhalla.com/glory-calculator/
Ranked Borders from Season 9 (PC) and Season 4 (PS4)
If you placed in Gold or better in your best rating, you are given a ranked border that people will see in the match preview screen. There are Ranked borders for Gold, Platinum, and Diamond tiers. These will last for one season and will be updated again after the new season comes to a close.
Your border from any previous season does not carry over or have any impact on your current border reward.
Ranked Avatars from Season 9 (PC) and Season 4 (PS4)
Ranked Avatars include prestigious versions for those who’ve placed in high ranks during previous seasons. For example, if you placed in Platinum last season and Gold this season, you’ll receive the upgraded versions of the Competitor’s Badge and Gold Emblem. You will still have your original Platinum Emblem avatar from previous seasons.
You must play a minimum of 10 games to receive ranked avatars / borders at ANY rank.
- Competitor’s Badge: Awarded to anyone who plays 10 Ranked Games or more.
- Gold Emblem: Awarded to players who finish at Gold or above.
- Platinum Emblem: Awarded to players who finish at Platinum or above.
- Diamond Emblem: Awarded to players who finish at Diamond.
- Upgraded versions of Ranked Avatars are awarded to those who have earned the same Avatar in any previous seasons.
5th & 6th Tier Ranked Avatar Upgrade Information
For players who have reached the 5th Tier of an avatar by reaching a certain rank or higher for five total seasons: the 5th Tier of that avatar will stay in your inventory permanently! Congratulations on your achievements!
The 6th Tier Avatar, for those who have reached a certain rank or higher for six total seasons, will take on a brand new look! These avatars will grow more and more prestigious with each subsequent seasonal repeat up to Tier 10, at which point the Tier 10 avatar will remain in your inventory permanently.
In short, every 5 Tiers of avatars, you’ll keep the most awesome, most decked out version permanently, and then start work on a new version for subsequent tiers for 6-10, 11-15, and so on.
Ranked Color Scheme – Goldforged!
Beyond glory there is immortality! Goldforged color scheme is only purchasable with Glory and requires the Skyforged color scheme of that same Legend to have already been purchased.