Hello and Welcome to the Caspian Update! In this patch Caspian, the long awaited Katars and Gauntlets legend, enters Brawlhalla! He has lockpicks, knives, bombs, tricks, and aces up his sleeves, so keep an eye out for your valuables as you head into the brawl! We’re also adding more taunt slots (up to eight!), new skins, new Brawl of the Week, new Legend Rotation, and fixed a few bugs. See you out there, and have fun brawling!
New Legend – Caspian!
New Legend – Caspian!
Weapons: Katars & Gauntlets
Stats: 7 Strength. 5 Dexterity. 4 Defense. 6 Speed.
Caspian enters Brawlhalla with three additional skins
- Nightcap Caspian
- Fortune Hunter Caspian
- All City Caspian
Brawl of the Week – KO MANIA
- 300% Damage
- 5 Stocks
- Shark Attack Thatch, Swashbuckler Asuri, and Davey Jones’ Anchor are on sale this week in celebration of Shark Week!
- Wild Chest end date extended an additional week to August 9th!
Performance & User Interface
- Small performance improvements to the player inventory.
- Added Controller support for News page.
We’re still letting the dust settle on Dash for a bit to see how much feedback changes from the initial reactions. Chain Dodging now takes priority over Dash to give back some behaviors that were lost with the previous implementation, and a number of bugs have been fixed.
- Fixed some cases where Dash could be performed during a power.
- Inputs now prefer Chain Dodge over Dash to allow Chain Dodging through a soft platform.
- Fixed some cases where the increased movespeed state after a Dash would not be interrupted by other actions.
- Fixed a rare case where Dash could cancel into Dodge without pressing the Dodge input twice.
- Taunt slots have been increased to eight.
- You may now equip “Random” as your Taunt for any slot, which will randomly choose one of your owned Taunts. It will only choose the “Woohoo!” default taunt if you have no additional taunts. Victory and Defeat taunts set to “Random” will also now select from all of your owned taunts instead of just ones you have equipped.
- NOTICE: Unfortunately, all taunts got reset to default with these changes, so you will need to apply them again in your inventory.
We’re holding back Balance changes this week due to the massive $10,000 Summer Championship taking place this weekend! Thousands of competitors from around the globe will be competing this weekend from NA & EU in both 1v1 and 2v2 tournaments! You can tune into our live broadcast of the event this weekend, 12PM-6PM ET on twitch.tv/brawlhalla.
New Legend Rotation
This week’s new Legend Rotation features Asuri, Bodvar, Brynn, Diana, Lord Vraxx, and Mordex.
- Fixed a bug where the beginning frames of the Victory and Defeat Taunts would get skipped on the Scoreboard screen.
- Sword Recovery: Fixed a case where the target could be sent downwards by the final hit when colliding with a wall.