Welcome to Patch 2.42 and the new year! We’re incredibly excited about Brawlhalla in 2017, and have a lot of upcoming announcements on the horizon. The new Scythe weapon is planned to arrive next week, and we have a ton of upcoming announcements on Brawlhalla Esports in 2017. We hope you enjoy this patch, and we’ll see you out there on the Brawlhalla battlefields.
New Skins in Mallhalla!
- Kabuto Orion
- Dragonport Ulgrim
- Added PC support for PDP Versus (for PS3)
- Added mac support for the iBuffalo SNES controller.
New Legend Rotation
This week’s Legend Rotation features Ada, Azoth, Queen Nai, Sir Roland, Teros and Val.
Neutral Light attacks are generally very quick with good hitbox coverage, as well as having solid damage. They have also seen great use when contesting strings, primarily when performed out of a neutral / spot dodge after being struck. While their utility and interactions can be meaningful for the mind-games involved in a match, they are currently a bit too rewarding. We have reduced the damage on most of these options while keeping their utility, which also places an emphasis on mixing in other attacks into your gameplay.
The Unarmed Neutral Light has received a moderate decrease in damage.
- Unarmed Neutral Light: Decreased Damage from 18 to 16.
The Sword has not only received a moderate decrease in damage to its Neutral Light attack, but also some changes to its Side Light. We have decreased the damage and increased the Recovery Time on the Side Light due to its strong initial travel speed.
- Sword Side Light: Increased Recovery from 0 Fixed & 15 Variable to 2 Fixed & 15 Variable; Decreased total Damage from 20 to 17.
- Sword Neutral Light: Decreased Damage from 19 to 17.
The Rocket Lance has received a moderate damage decrease to its Neutral Light, as well as a minor damage decrease to its Down Light.
- Rocket Lance Neutral Light: Decreased Damage from 22 to 20.
- Rocket Lance Down Light: Decreased Damage from 24 to 23.
The Hammer has received a moderate decrease in damage given its very fast Time to Hit.
- Hammer Neutral Light: Decreased Damage from 24 to 22.
The Katar Neutral Light has received a minor decrease in damage, but still remains one of the more damaging individual attacks in the Katar kit.
- Katar Neutral Light: Decreased Damage from 16 to 15.
The Blasters have received a minor decrease in damage to its Neutral Light. This attack still remains one of the most damaging Neutral Lights in the game due to its overall commitment, dead-zone near the user, and low force.
- Blasters Neutral Light: Decreased Damage from 24 to 23.
Spear Neutral Light has received a moderate decrease in damage as it is an incredibly quick and useful tool for this lengthy weapon.
- Spear Neutral Light: Decreased Damage from 19 to 17.
The Axe Neutral Light has received a minor decrease in damage due to its longer Time to Hit and overall commitment, as well as Axe’s comparatively slower move set with fewer string opportunities.
- Axe Neutral Light: Decreased Damage from 20 to 19.
The Bow Neutral Light is rarely used in the same context as the other weapons’ Neutral Light attacks, given its lack of coverage in front of the user. With this in mind, the Bow Neutral Light receives only a minor decrease in damage.
- Bow Neutral Light: Decreased Damage from 18 to 17.
The Gauntlets Neutral Light receives a minor decrease in damage due to its very fast Time to Hit and ability to convert into subsequent attacks. We have also increased the Recovery Time on miss for the Side Light due to its quick Time to Hit, travel speed, and unique ending position.
- Gauntlets Neutral Light: Decreased Damage from 19 to 17.
- Gauntlets Side Light: Increased Recovery on miss from 0 Fixed & 20 Variable to 1 Fixed & 20 Variable.
- Fixed a bug that prevents leaving the wall on the first frame of input, and could cause unintended behaviors. We understand that some interesting tech has emerged from this, and will look into whether an intentional implementation might be a positive feature in the future.
- Fixed a timing issue with Gnash Down Hammer animation that caused it not to match hitbox timing.