Welcome to Patch 2.60! In this patch we’re introducing a brand new game mode for Brawl of the Week, improving animations, revamping the Thundergard Stadium art, and much much more. On top of that, The Spring Championship is this weekend! We’ll see you when we’re live on twitch.tv/brawlhalla with the best players from NA & EU fighting it out for their share of $10,000. Enjoy the patch!
- Double Cross – “A gambler with the devil’s own luck.”
- Ancient Azoth – “Even skeletons have skeletons in their closet.”
Brawl of the Week
This week we’re introducing a brand new game mode for Brawl of the Week! In Platform Fighter you’ll brawl over control of different platforms to score points and secure victory.
- Platform Fighter!
- Four Players. Six Platforms.
- One Platform will go ‘active’ at random. Be on that platform to score points.
- 2 Minute Game Timer.
Spring Championship This Weekend!
This weekend The Brawlhalla Spring Championship is taking place! SS Circuit Points and $10,000 is at stake with four tournaments in two days for both NA & EU players. You can watch all the action live this weekend on twitch.tv/brawlhalla
- Saturday – 1v1 NA and EU. 12pm – 6pm ET on twitch.tv/Brawlhalla
- Sunday – 2v2 NA and EU. 12pm – 6pm ET on twitch.tv/Brawlhalla
To commemorate this Circuit event, The Spring Championship Pack is now available to purchase in the Steam store! This limited pack includes the following:
- Spring Championship Avatar
- Exclusive Hammer Skin – Dawn Hammer
- 300 Mammoth Coins
Animation performance improvements and overall polish continues!
- Improved performance on all Blaster animations.
- Centered Wall Jump animations on Blasters to be closer to the hurtbox.
- Improved performance on all sword animations.
- Minor tweak to start up animation of Sword Side Air.
- Removed generic charge effects from Bodvar’s Neutral Sword signature.
- Centered Wall Jump animations on Sword to be closer to the hurtbox.
- All of Rocket Lance’s exhaust special effects now stay in world instead of tracking the player’s movement.
- Added the ability for animated lances to trigger animations during the ascent of Scarlet’s Neutral Lance.
- Minor tweaks to Scarlet’s Side Lance animation. Fixed a bug that would cause some of the effects to play at the wrong time. Added animated lances during travel. Also extended recover animation to match timing of the power. Added a landing animation if it finishes near ground.
- Flipped the lance art earlier in Scarlet’s Down Lance animation.
- Decreased memory usage of Yumiko’s kitsunebi (the flames / floating orbs used in some of her signatures).
- PC support for the Nintendo Switch Pro controller.
- The background art for Thundergard Stadium has been updated.
- Watch Replays option has been moved out of the options tab and now has it’s own button in the corner menu.
- Corner menu tab button for Game Room will now contextually switch to a Replay tab while inside the main menu.
No changes this patch. We’re working on jump height and gravity changes internally, and should have a playable test soon. Additionally we’re beginning to look at increasing dodge cooldown based on community feedback. Please let us know if you have any feedback on Move Variety Bonus before we move on!
New Legend Rotation
This week’s new Legend Rotation features Cross, Diana, Jhala, Mordex, Queen Nai and Scarlet.
- Sword Side Light: Fixed a bug that caused gravity cancel time to extend on miss.
- Gauntlet Side Air: Fixed a case where the target could be dropped before the final hit. (Credit: Ephi)
- Scythe Side Light: Fixed a case where the target could be dropped before the final hit when traveling off the stage. (Credit: Ephi)
- Hattori Side Sword: Fixed a case where the target could be dropped before the final hit. (Credit: Pajama___Sam)
- Teros Side Axe: Fixed a case where the target could be dropped before the final hit when performed out of a dodge. (Credit: Narwhal)
- Fixed very obscure bug in store that could result in a client crash when switching between keyboard and mouse devices while tabs are changing.
- Fixed a bug that would cause the effects to flicker in Roland’s Side Lance
— PlayStation 4 Report —
We’re almost to the finish line of the PS4 port and we’re going to provide weekly progress updates at the bottom of our regular patch notes. There’s a lot of things that have been happening behind the scenes in support of PS4, and we’re excited to be so close to going live!
- PS4 Servers come online this week! PS4 Servers will be PlayStation exclusive for the beginning of Closed Beta, we’ll be looking into crossplay functionality as the Closed Beta progresses.
- PS4 Servers are located along side our PC server locations. During closed beta you can expect to play on your server of choice between US-E, US-W, Brazil, EU, Australia, and SEA.
- We are planning to submit our certification build on Friday! For those unfamiliar with the details, cert is the last step of tests and checks we need to go through before the Closed Beta can go live on PS4. Think of it as the final mile of a marathon. We’re almost home!
- You can still sign up for the PS4 closed beta at beta.brawlhalla.com!