Season 3 Is Here! All Season 2 rewards: glory, avatars, and borders will be updated and can be found in your inventory. We’ve also added new skins for Ragnir and Val, added stances to Ranked, and tweaked the balance on weapons to support stances being part of Ranked. We’ve also brought back the charity Cure Seeker Hammer skin for this week only. All proceeds from the Cure Seeker will be given to Quest For The Cure and fundraising for St. Jude Chidlren’s Hospital. We wish you the best of luck in Season 3! We’ll see you there.
The Cure Seeker Returns
In support of the charity drive Quest For The Cure we’re bringing back the Cure Seeker Hammer for this week only. All proceeds from purchasing the hammer will support the quest as they raise funds for St. Jude Children’s Hospital.
- The Cureseeker is available for purchase in Mallhalla for one week only!
New Legend Skins In Mallhalla
- Nightshade Ragnir – The Fangwild’s right hand. Battle Brawl champion skin for coach PartoftheCreed!
- Star Merc Val – Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide. In this ‘verse or the next.
Sword Of The Raven
- Follow Brawlhalla on Twitter and get a free code for the Sword of The Raven weapon skin!
Season 3 Begins!
- Season 2 has officially come to a close and Season 3 has begun!
- Season 2 rewards have been delivered! Check your inventories for avatars, borders, and Glory to spend in Mallhalla.
Soft Elo Reset
- Taking into account user feedback, we decided to go with a less aggressive Elo squash. This should reduce the frustration of playing early in the season against more skilled players and create better matchmaking for everyone.
- Your tiers (gold, platinum, etc) and your best rating have been adjusted accordingly.
1v1 and 2v2 Personal Rating
- Under 1400: New Elo = Old Elo
- Over 1400: New Elo = 1400 + (Old Elo – 1400) / (3 – (3000 – Old Elo) / 800)
2v2 Team and Legend Rating
- 2v2 Team & Legend Ratings have been brought closer to 750.
- Under 2000: Elo = (Elo + 375) / 1.5
- Over 2000, we aggressively brought you back down as a way of resetting the top tiers. Diamond level players will be reset to high gold or low platinum.
Glory Earnings Calculation
Glory earned is based on a combination of your Peak Rating (highest 1v1, 2v2, team, or Legend rating/elo) and total Wins. This was designed in order to reward both skill and dedication for those who pursue Glory.
Glory from Wins
You gain 20 Glory per win up to 150 wins which gets you 3000 Glory. After 150 wins, each subsequent win gives you slightly less.
Glory from Peak Rating
There is a minimum requirement of 10 games played to be eligible for Glory based on your rating.
Ranked Borders from Season 2
If you placed in gold or better in your best rating, you are given a ranked border that people will see in the match preview screen. There is a ranked border for gold, platinum, and diamond tiers. These will last for one season and will be updated again after Season 3.
Your border from Season 1 does not carry over or have any impact on your Season 2 border.
Ranked Avatars from Season 2
Ranked Avatars will be rewarded, this time with a prestigious versions for those who’ve placed in high ranks in both Season 1 and Season 2. For example, if you placed in Platinum last season and Gold this season you’ll receive the upgraded versions of the Competitor’s Badge and Gold Emblem. You will still have your original Platinum Emblem avatar from Season 1.
- Competitor’s Badge: Awarded to anyone who plays 10 Ranked Games or more.
- Gold Emblem: Awarded to players who finish at Gold or above.
- Platinum Emblem: Awarded to players who finish at Platinum or above.
- Diamond Emblem: Awarded to players who finish at Diamond.
- Upgraded versions of Ranked Avatars are awarded to those who have earned the same Avatar in both Season 1 and season 2.
- Ranked 1v1 and 2v2 scoreboard podiums now display player ELO rating after matches.
- Stances are now available in Ranked.
- Strength – Decreased variation in Force multiplier; Increased variation in Damage multiplier.
- Dexterity – Increased Variable Recover reduction for Low Dexterity; Mid range Dexterity is unchanged; High Dexterity has less Variable Recover reduction than previously; Unified the Variable Recover multiplier for ground and air attacks.
- Defense – Slightly increased survivability for Low Defense; Increased variation in Damage resistance.
- Speed – Slightly increased at all values, greater increase for lower Speed values.
Graduated From Test Features
The following gameplay mechanics are now live! Thanks for you all your feedback. For a full list of test features visit www.brawlhalla.com/test-features
- In the event of a clash, signatures have priority over light attacks.
- Teammates only apply 75 percent of normal force when hitting each other.
- Artwork for stances has been changed to improve navigation and usability
There are many adjustments to Ground Light attacks to keep their baseline total recovery times unchanged for mid-range Dexterity now that we have unified the Air and Ground Dexterity scaling factors. We have also adjusted the Damage on a few attacks to maintain a similar scope within the context of the new Strength Damage multiplier.
- Unarmed Neutral Light: Decreased Variable Recover on miss from 10 to 9.
- Unarmed Side Light: Decreased Variable Recover from 21 to 20.
- Unarmed Down Light: Decreased Variable Recover on miss from 14 to 13.
- Sword Down Light: Decreased Variable Recover on miss from 21 to 20.
- Rocket Lance Neutral Light: Decreased Variable Recover on miss from 18 to 17; Decreased Variable Recover on hit from 10 to 9.
- Rocket Lance Down Light: Decreased Damage from 27 to 24.
- Rocket Lance Ground Pound: Decreased Damage from 27 to 25.
- Hammer Neutral Light: Decreased Damage from 27 to 24; Decreased Variable Recover on hit from 29 to 26; Decreased Variable Recover on miss from 13 to 12.
- Hammer Side Light: Decreased Variable Recover on hit from 20 to 19; Decreased Variable Recover on miss from 24 to 23.
- Hammer Down Light: Decreased Variable Recover on miss from 21 to 20.
- Hammer Ground Pound: Decreased Damage from 27 to 25.
- Blasters Neutral Light: Decreased Damage from 26 to 24; Decreased Variable Recover on hit from 14 to 13
- Blasters Side Light: Decreased Variable Recover on miss from 10 to 9.
- Blasters Down Light: Decreased Variable Recover on hit from 14 to 13.
- Blasters Ground Pound: Decreased Damage from 27 to 25.
- Spear Down Light: Decreased Variable Recover on miss from 26 to 25.
- Katar Down Light: Decreased Variable Recover on hit from 10 to 9.
- Axe Neutral Light: Decreased Variable Recover on miss from 10 to 9.
- Axe Down Light: Decreased Variable Recover from 13 to 12.
- Bow Neutral Light: Decreased Variable Recover on hit from 18 to 17.
- Bow Down Light: Decreased Variable Recover on miss from 21 to 20.
By popular demand, the Gauntlets Recovery Time to Hit is increasing back to its pre-2.39 value.
- Gauntlets Down Light: Decreased Variable Recover on miss from 17 to 16.
- Gauntlets Recovery: Increased Time to Hit from 8 to 10.
- Fixed a timing issue with Azoth Side Axe animation that caused it not to match hitbox timing.