In this patch we’re adding the Power Viewer, Fast Falling, a New Gnash Skin, Ember Lore, and a trio of New Maps. Enjoy!
- Added the Powers Viewer in Training Mode. Advanced Users can now view detailed frame, damage, and impulse information about all attacks in Brawlhalla!
- Fast Falling is new game mechanic that allows you to make a speedy return to the ground by pressing down in the air. Fast fall can only be performed once you are near the height of your first jump.
Store / Lore
- Jurassic Gnash skin now available in the store!
- Ember has been added to the lore page!
- Flat Map has been renamed Shipwreck Falls and is now an official Brawlhalla map! It has also been added to all matchmaking modes.
- New 8 player map: Big Kings Pass!
- New 8 player map: Big Great Hall! (Great for 4v4)
- Widened the center and right platforms on Titan’s End. The pole in the center has also been shifted to the right to accommodate the wider top of the T.
- Training mode and Replays now support frame by frame stepping! Press F7 to pause / play, F6 to step forward, and f5 to step backward!
- The options menu now defaults to server location instead of privacy setting in matchmaking lobbies.
- Arrows have been added to the party drop down menu to change team color and bot difficulty
- Making a selection in the party menu now closes it.
- If you were in a custom online game with more than 4 players and every color you had available for the legend you wanted to use was already being used by someone else in the lobby, the game would only let you pick red and then the server wouldn’t even let you choose that legend. Now if you find yourself in that situation, you’ll be given temporary access to the next available color for that legend (in terms of unlock order).
- Bow icon in the picker menu has been repositioned to better show off the artwork
Art / Animation
- Teros’ teeth no longer change color (he’s been using his toothbrush again).
- Animation Tweak: Improved the seam between the wolf and the ground on Ember’s Side Bow Signature
- Art Tweak: Cleared some of the lines on the hands to help them seam into the arms better.
- Art Tweak: Touch up on Ember’s elbows to help the joints connect better.
- Animation tweak: Added more frames to the Bow’s throw animation to make it smoother
- Animation tweak: Minor tweak to Ember’s wolf to help with clarity between the wolf and the arrow shot.
- Fixed input threshold for Wii Classic Controller with Mayflash adapter on PC.
- Additional Madcatz fightstick support for PC
- Fixed mac support for the PS4 controller
- Dodge delay after attacking increased by 3 frames (Was 19, now 22).
- Speed of dodging straight down in the air increased to match both the max horizontal dodge speed and the max (non-fastfall) fall speed.
- Aerial jump impulse lowered by 7%.
- Ground Pound powers that could cancel on a ground hit before firing any hitboxes (Unarmed, Sword, Hammer, Lance) now have a small short-duration hitbox when landing. (Credit TorpedoDolphin)
- Unarmed Neutral Light: Fixed a case where target could be dropped before the final hit.
- Orion Neutral Spear: Fixed some cases where target could be dropped before the final hit. (Credit: PendragonDaGreat)
- Hattori Side Sword: Added missing hitbox during on-hit animation to fix a case where targets could be dropped before the final hit. (Credit: Tybo)
- Ember Neutral Bow: Fixed a case where target could be dropped before the final hit.
- You no longer get stuck to walls during attacks (this is most apparent during the pistol recovery).
- Slight adjustment to dodge distance calculation so that dodging in the reverse direction of the direction you’re running is punished more than dodging from a standstill. The max dodge distance has been very slightly increased to mitigate the new minimum dodge a bit.
- Fixed a rare bug that caused mines and bombs to be duplicated in some specific attempts to catch them.
- Fixed a bug where FFA games would show up as “Unknown” in replay previews.
- Fixed a crash when hitting dodge while watching a replay.
- Fixed a bug where stances could sometimes show up as an option with no choices in matchmaking lobbies.
- Fixed a bug where Dark Matter Vraxx’s eye glow wasn’t color swapping correctly.
- Removed random off-screen yellow speck from the scoreboard screen (Was visible to users playing with really wide and unconventional aspect ratios
- Fixed bug where “change team” options menu for bots would not show up in party menu.