Test Features are our way to try potentially large gameplay and balance changes with the entire Brawlhalla community.
There are two ways to access test features.
1 – Enable test features in custom lobbies or Couch Party by going into the game settings and turning ‘Test Features’ on.
2 – Queue for the 1v1 Experimental Queue where all test features are on by default.
Current Test Features
New Gadget: Sticky Bomb
- Available to try with Test Features on, in the Experimental Queue, or can practice with it in Training mode!
- When thrown, this Gadget attaches to a player and blinks in red for a short time until it detonates.
- It can be passed to another player by running into them.
Backdash Buffs Update
Increased startup frames of forward dash and backdash during dash dancing from 2 frames to 3 frames (still down from the original 6 frames on live). This does not affect the initial backdash startup time of 1 frame in test features which allows players to immediately attack out of a backdash, and which matches the forward dash startup time on live.
- The startup time for backdash has been decreased both in neutral and during dash dancing to be more symmetrical with forward dash.
- Now, just like forward dash, you can attack out of a backdash freely.
- Other than the slightly reduced impulse speed compared to forward dash, there is no penalty for performing a backdash anymore.
We also removed the extended timing window & required “down” directional input from the platform dash cancel feature (previously called Ledge Cancel) introduced in patch 7.07.
Give us your feedback!
- Does it feel good while you’re playing?
- Were there any weird pops or jitters or did the camera feel smooth for you?
- Additional feedback is good!