Welcome to Patch 3.05! In this patch we’re adding new skins for Ragnir and Teros, making improvements to PS4 client performance, and improving game balance across multiple weapons and Legends. We’ve also relocated our US-West servers with the goal of improving performance, so if your experience improves please let us know!
New skins for Teros and Ragnir!
- Ragnirsaurus Rex – “Clever Boy.”
- Gatekeeper Teros – “A set of skull and bones you don’t want to cross.”
The Ancient Chest has been recovered! It holds 18 skins total including three chest exclusive skins which are:
- White Fang Gnash
- Fangwild Fawn Ember
- Winged Serpent Nai
Brawl of the Week – 3v3!
- Unranked 3v3
- 3v3 Mapset (Large maps)
- 8 minutes, 3 stocks per player.
- Friendly Fire Off.
We are not happy with the consistency of performance our servers in US-West has been showing us. While the majority of time they were fine and working as expected, they definitely have had experienced periods of low performance. Rather than continuing to work with the data center to try to fix it, our best path forward has been to find a new provider. Please let us know if your experience improves!
- Relocated US-West servers to a new data center aiming to improve performance in the US-W region.
- Offline tournament mode brackets hotkey artwork has been updated.
- Improved memory performance on PS4, which fixed some crashes that could occur when running the game for extremely long sessions.
This week’s balance updates are primarily focused on shifting the rewards for a couple overperforming kits for better emphasis on varied move selection. Players should find clearer differences in timing or potential range and setup location from key attacks for the following weapons.
We have increased the speed bonus the Down Light receives from movement to place its potential range more squarely between that of the Neutral Light and the Side Light when each is performed at maximum speed. This serves to create more separate zones of threat for greater effective move selection when approaching.
- Sword Down Light: Increased bonus speed received from movement, such as a dash.
The Blasters have the reward on their longer ranged options on the ground slightly reduced to be more in line with similar options on other kits. Toward this end, the maximum range on the Side Light has been slightly reined in, while also slowing the damage build from the most common combos. The Ground Pound receives a bit more base stun to prevent opponents from being able to retaliate before the user recovers.
- Blasters Side Light: Decreased Damage from 18 to 15; Slightly reduced maximum horizontal range.
- Blasters Down Light: Decreased Damage from 18 to 14.
- Blasters Ground Pound: Increased Stun from 17 to 19.
We have altered the Bow Down Light as most levels of play had settled into searching for Down Light for the Neutral Light combo. A dodge window has been opened, trading stun for a damage increase to keep the attack on par with other ranged setup tools. We have also softened the angle of knockback for the Side Air and adjusted its force in kind, to push its use case further from the Down Air.
- Bow Down Light: Decreased Stun from 19 to 16; Increased Damage from 12 to 14; Increased Recover time on miss from 4 Fixed/20 Variable to 4 Fixed/22 Variable.
- Bow Side Air: Angle of knockback considerably more horizontal; Force changed from 32 Variable/80 Fixed to 34 Variable/68 Fixed.
Several Signature attacks have also been altered, such as Asuri’s Side Sword which has received a base stun increase for stronger hits at white to light yellow damage values. Given the total horizontal coverage and speed of Sentinel’s Down Katars, we have decreased the damage range to be closer to other similar attacks. Jhala’s Side Axe sees a shift in timing, trading some minimum charge time for a faster recover time, resulting in a overall duration for a quicker pace in battle.
- Asuri Side Sword: Increased Stun from 17 to a range of 27~22.
- Sentinel Down Katar: Decreased Damage from a range of 32~28 to a range of 28~24.
- Jhala Side Axe: Increased Minimum Charge time from 14 to 15; Decreased Recover time from 17 to 14.
New Legend Rotation
This week’s new Legend rotation features Caspian, Diana, Mirage, Orion, Sidra, and Teros.
- Fixed display bug causing the controller hotkey asset to overlap part of the “START NEXT BATTLE” text in the offline tournament gameplay mode.
- PS4 – Fixed a display bug and removed an inactive pause menu option for changing the screen display mode.
- PS4 – Fixed a bug where the mouse close button on the Meet The Legends page was still displayed.
- PS4 – Fixed the Replay incompatibility alert icon so it correctly renders as blue instead of red.
- Fixed some Game Server Connection failed bugs related to UDP data processing.
- Fixed a Training Mode bug where you and the bot could both end up using the default Skin with no Color Swap if you switched the bot to use the same Legend as you and you haven’t connected to the server at any time.