Welcome to Patch 3.11! In this patch we’ve added a new map: Miami Dome! Miami Dome is a competitive map available to play in both 1v1 and 2v2 game modes. We’ve also added the Celestial Chest to Mallhalla, and implemented new test features for the Experimental Queue! Let us know what you think, and we look forward to hearing your feedback!
Mallhalla – Celestial Chest!
- The Celestial Chest has been discovered! This chest contains 18 skins and three chest exclusive skins which are
- Seraph Artemis
- Emperor Koji
- The Korinthian
- Players who purchase the Rock, Paper, and Scissors Taunts now automatically receive the Random RPS Taunt, which throw one of the three RPS Taunts randomly each time it’s used.
New Map! – Miami Dome!
- New map in the realm of Brawlhalla – Miami Dome!
- Miami Dome will be added to the 1v1 and 2v2 Mapsets.
- Meyers Baby Food Corporation welcomes you to your new future.
Brawl of the Week – KO Mania!
- 1v1, 300% Damage
- 5 Stocks, 8 Minute Timer
- 1v1 Mapset.
- Optimized map select screen thumbnails to reduce file size.
Art and Animation
- Smoothed artwork on Shipwreck Falls platforms.
- Removed minor visual artifacts on Brawlball platforms.
Same Move Directional Influence enables players to control which direction they are sent when caught in a combo that uses the same attack more than once. This mechanic keeps track of all attacks landed on a character during their stun time, and would clear when stun ended. However, since there are some strings and combos that allow for a small gap in stun but are undodgeable, due to the startup time of a Dodge. We have widened the window before this list is cleared to account for Dodge startup, resulting in more consistent escapes from such combos.
- Increased the amount of time before Powers are unregistered for Same Move Directional Influence by 3 ticks to allow for dodge startup
Ice Cream Edge has been graduated from Test Features and is now the new map, Miami Dome! As one map leaves, two new maps have entered the Experimental 1v1 Mapset. Small Brawlhaven is open and stable, with no soft platforms and medium-sized walls. Small Enigma sports an array of soft platforms over a single solid platform, affording players a variety of angles during combat. The current test map Small Twilight Grove has been slightly altered, with both soft platforms moved closer together for a tighter space to control and an easier route to airborne opponents.
A new mechanic has been put into test features for everyone to try! Dashing now deflects weapon throws for a brief moment, granting more maneuverability and stage presence to grounded players. This protection extends to all dashes and dash jumps, however it ends when an attack begins, so time your attacks carefully. In tandem with this new mechanic, grounded throws no longer give access to chase dodges in an effort to provide an appropriate amount of risk and cost to the utility that weapon throws can provide.
- Ice Cream Edge has been graduated from test maps and is now the Miami Dome.
- Two new 1v1 test maps have been added to the Experimental 1v1 Mapset: Small Brawlhaven and Small Enigma.
- Moved the soft platforms closer together in the Small Twilight Grove test map.
- Added new mechanic to test features: Weapon throws are deflected by a dash.
- Weapon throws from the ground no longer grant a chase dodge.
New Legend Rotation
This week’s Legend Rotation features Cassidy, Kaya, Lord Vraxx, Mordex, Ragnir, and Val.
- Fixed a bug where multiple large rollbacks, or players getting kicked, could occur if a player re-joined a game where the Wall Slip warning had been triggered.