Welcome to patch 3.15! We’re excited to introduce Isaiah, commander of the top-secret OEL forces, armed with Cannon and Blasters. But that’s not all, he also has a drone with a cloaking device and rockets at his disposal! Will the Legends of Valhalla be ready for his methodical tactics and surprise attacks? We also have a nice balance patch focusing on improving Cannon gameplay and feel, along with a few adjustments to Rocket Lance, Bow, and Axe.
New Legend – Isaiah
- Isaiah “The Specialist” has entered Brawlhalla!
- Weapons: Cannon and Blasters
- Stats: 5 Strength, 6 Dexterity, 7 Defense, 4 Speed
Isaiah Launch Skins:
- Shadow Ops Isaiah – “Operating in the deadliest of shadows.”
- Task Force Isaiah – “The best partner you can have. As long as you don’t mind extra paperwork.”
- Section Zero Isaiah – “We have the technology! Bonus: Antennas, cables, and visor react to Isaiah’s actions!”
- We graduated the Test Map version of Small Great Hall from the Experimental queue to live. It replaces the old Small Great Hall.
Brawl of the Week – Betrayal!
- 3 Player FFA!
- Most points at the end wins!
- Refined reactive head pieces to be more natural in Blaster dair and Cannon ground pound animations
This week brings a number of changes to the pacing of the Cannon kit and improvements to where it launches foes. We have also included some quality of life changes for the Rocket Lance, as well as adjustments aimed at bringing certain elements of the Axe and Bow gameplay into line. Explore these new changes and good luck climbing the ladder before the next Ranked Season begins!
For the Cannon, we have adjusted the overall duration of several attacks, not only to give it a heavier feel, but also to provide a greater window with which to hit confirm followups and choose your next attack. Players will also find the Side Light and Down Light now allow for a greater choice of subsequent attacks, with particular focus on using the Down Air to keep the fight near the ground. The Neutral Air opens up as an option off the Down Light at later damage ranges, so experiment with using the Down Air and Side Air as string options at lower damage. A marked improvement to the Ground Pound is also worthy of note, providing greater coverage during the initial thrust of the Cannon.
- Cannon Neutral Light: Increased Fixed Recover Time on hit from 2 to 4; Increased Stun from 24 to 26.
- Cannon Side Light: Has a new closer setup location up-diagonal from the user and is more consistent regardless of target height when struck; Increased Stun from a range of 26~21 to a range of 29~24; Increased Fixed Recover Time on hit from 1 to 3.
- Cannon Down Light: Has a new setup location that begins much lower to the ground and increases to a more overhead location when the target is around red health; Decreased Stun from 31 to 30; Decreased built-in Recover Time by 1.
- Cannon Neutral Air: Now allows the user to carry a moderate amount of forward momentum instead of halting the users horizontal motion.
- Cannon Side Air: Increased coverage near the user during the first 2 frames of the Hit Window; Increased priority during the travel duration of the Hit Window; Changed Force from 45 Fixed/46 Variable to 65 Fixed/43 Variable; Increased Stun from 12 to 15; Increased Fixed Recover Time on hit from 3 to 5.
- Cannon Down Air: Decreased Damage from 17 to 15.
- Cannon Ground Pound: Increased coverage near the user during the first 2 frames of the attack; Increased horizontal coverage of the aerial blast; Increased Minimum Charge time from 18 to 21; Decreased delay between release and the blast from 5 to 2.
The Bow has an excellent overall air kit that can oftentimes be outshined by its Side Air. To give more space for the other attacks to be more meaningful choices, we have reduced the pace at which Bow users can rotate to and from the Side Air, while maintaining its usefulness on hit.
- Bow Side Air: Increase Time to Hit from 11 to 13; Increased Recover Time on miss from 2 Fixed/26 Variable to 4 Fixed/26 Variable.
- Bow Recovery: Decreased coverage during the end of the Hit Window.
We have adjusted the later elements of the powerful Axe combo, still keeping aerial juggles as a rewarding game plan, but shifting the usage of the Down Light from a combo ender into a more potent anti-air threat. This does include a minor reduction in the Stun from Neutral Air, but just enough to turn the previous combo ender into a tight string, leaving room to use other strings that can better pursue aerial opponents.
- Axe Down Light: Increased Time to Hit from 8 to 9; Decreased Recover Time on miss from 2 Fixed/12 Variable to 0 Fixed/12 Variable.
- Axe Neutral Air: Decreased Stun from a range of 30~29 to a range of 28~27.
The Rocket Lance Side Light is a core piece of any player’s kit, enabling great followups that can put opponents on edge. However, an opponent could get knocked too far away when at very late damage ranges, so we have increased the duration at which followups remain possible. To this end, we have also increased the reliability of the most desirable late damage followup; the Recovery.
- Rocket Lance Side Light: Decreased Force from 30 Fixed/8 Variable to 30 Fixed/6 Variable; Angle of knockback is now slightly more vertical.
- Rocket Lance Down Air: Slightly Decreased coverage near the user.
- Rocket Lance Recovery: Decreased Minimum Charge from 11 to 8.
New Legend Rotation
This week’s new Legend Rotation features Ada, Jhala, Lucien, Mordex, Orion, and Yumiko.
- In both Custom and Couch team game modes, the Match Preview screen will now sort teammates together.
- The legends will now face each other in the Match Preview screen if the game is 1v1 or teams, credit suggestion to /u/BrunoSupremo.
- Improved collision detection with moving platforms, particularly on the Wheel test map.
- Mordex Neutral Scythe: Fixed a case where the target could be dropped before the final hit. (Credit: Golden)