Welcome to Luck o’ the Brawl! That time of the year where if you’re not wearing green, you’re gonna get KO’d! We are celebrating this holiday with some new items, festivities and of course, GOLD! Today is also the start of Ranked Season 8! Check your inventory for Glory to spend in the special Ranked section of the store. The new Ranked Season also brings a rebalancing of the Dexterity and Defense stats, as well as more counterplay to weapon throws with the removal of post-throw chase dodges.
New Holiday – Luck o’ the Brawl!
- New Lucky Clover color scheme! You can purchase these new colors for 1500 Gold or 10 Mammoth Coins.
- Dip your hands in the pot of gold and gain an extra 250 gold bonus each day you log in during the holiday!
- You have two weeks to grab all the exclusive holiday goodies!
- Warborn Ulgrim – “Ancient warrior of metal! Bonus: War Pipes spout flames while brawling!”
- Ragnir the Covetous – “Steal from his hoard at your own peril.”
- KO-Ching! (KO Effect) – “It’s the end of the rainbow for your opponents!”
- Gold Mine (Animated Avatar) – “Brawling is your business, and business is BOOM-ing.”
- Lucky Charm (Avatar) – “A little bit of luck just for you.”
- Lucky Clover (Colors) – “If you’re not wearing green, you’re gonna get KO’d!”
Brawl of the Week – KO Mania!
- 5 Stocks!
- 300% Damage!
Season 8 – Rewards and Soft Elo reset!
If you’re new to Seasons, here’s some of the information you should know. You’re going to have a soft elo reset, and you’ll also receive Glory, the currency you receive for playing ranked. You can use it in a special section of Mallhalla to get special colors and weapon skins to show your dedication to your favorite Legend. We hope you enjoy your rewards and enjoy the New Season!
Note: Current Seasons for each platform are Season 8 (PC) and Season 3 (PS4).
Soft Elo Reset Formula
Soft Elo Reset is based on your current elo at the end of the season.
1v1 and 2v2 Personal Rating
- Under 1400: New Elo = Old Elo
- Over 1400: New Elo = 1400 + (Old Elo – 1400) / (3 – (3000 – Old Elo) / 800)
2v2 Team and Legend Rating
- 2v2 Team & Legend Ratings have been brought closer to 750.
- Under 2000: Elo = (Elo + 375) / 1.5
- Over 2000, we aggressively brought you back down as a way of resetting the top tiers. Diamond level players will be reset to high gold or low platinum.
Glory Earnings Calculation
Glory earned is based on a combination of your Highest Peak Rating (highest 1v1, 2v2, team, or Legend rating/elo) and total Wins. This was designed in order to reward both skill and dedication for those who pursue Glory.
You gain 20 Glory per win up to 150 wins which gets you 3000 Glory. After 150 wins, each subsequent win gives you slightly less.
Note: There is a minimum requirement of 10 games played to be eligible for Glory based on your rating.
Ranked Borders from Season 7 (PC) and Season 2 (PS4)
If you placed in gold or better in your best rating, you are given a ranked border that people will see in the match preview screen. There are ranked borders for gold, platinum, and diamond tiers. These will last for one season and will be updated again after the new season comes to a close.
Your border from any previous season does not carry over or have any impact on your current border reward.
Ranked Avatars from Season 7 (PC) and Season 2 (PS4)
Ranked Avatars include prestigious versions for those who’ve placed in high ranks during previous seasons. For example, if you placed in Platinum last season and Gold this season you’ll receive the upgraded versions of the Competitor’s Badge and Gold Emblem. You will still have your original Platinum Emblem avatar from previous seasons.
You must play a minimum of 10 games to receive ranked avatars / borders at ANY rank.
- Competitor’s Badge: Awarded to anyone who plays 10 Ranked Games or more.
- Gold Emblem: Awarded to players who finish at Gold or above.
- Platinum Emblem: Awarded to players who finish at Platinum or above.
- Diamond Emblem: Awarded to players who finish at Diamond.
- Upgraded versions of Ranked Avatars are awarded to those who have earned the same Avatar in any previous seasons.
5th & 6th Tier Ranked Avatar Upgrade Information
For players who have reached the 5th Tier of an avatar by reaching a certain rank or higher for five total seasons: the 5th Tier of that avatar will stay in your inventory permanently! Congratulations on your achievements!
The 6th Tier Avatar, for those who have reached a certain rank or higher for six total seasons, will take on a brand new look! These avatars will grow more and more prestigious with each subsequent seasonal repeat up to Tier 10, at which point the Tier 10 avatar will remain in your inventory permanently.
In short, every 5 Tiers of avatars, you’ll keep the most awesome, most decked out version permanently, and then start work on a new version for subsequent tiers for 6-10, 11-15, and so on.
The new Ranked Season brings several updates to stats and mechanics. Dexterity was previously an undervalued stat, so we have increased its effect across the board, now granting a larger spread of recover time reduction between the low and high values. Players will find not only a higher rate of attack, but also more threatening strings and combos should they opt for greater Dexterity in their Legend or Stance. Conversely, Defense has been overvalued as a mainstay in the competitive scene. We have rebalanced the overall effect per point, resulting in low-end Defense gaining some knockback reduction, while high-end Defense sees a drop from its previous knockback reduction. Weapon throws can be a useful tool for mixing up approaches in a tough battle of spacing, setting up edgeguards, or even just denying your opponent of map control. Gaining a chase dodge along with this utility afforded too much safety, so we have removed this ability for more meaningful choices with commensurate risk.
- Dexterity now has a greater effect per point, with a notable increase at high end values.
- Defense now has a slightly smaller spread between high and low values. Lower Defense Legends will see a moderate increase in survivability, while higher Defense Legends have become slightly easier to knockout.
- Throwing a weapon no longer grants access to chase dodge.
- Adjusted layering of artwork on Ragnir’s Down Axe Signature to reduce visual poppiness.
New Legend Rotation
This week’s Legend rotation features Xull, Wu Shang, Mirage, Ember, Sir Roland, and Cassidy.
- Fixed a bug causing “Masked Hero Cassidy” skin to have a long neck in character select