Welcome to Brawlhalla’s newest feature – Battle Pass Season 1! Hattori has reached her ultimate form and will take you into her Demon Island realm. This first season of Brawlhalla’s Battle Pass features 85 tiers of exclusive cosmetic content unlockable by simply playing Brawlhalla and completing missions.
All players are automatically granted access to the Battle Pass track with an option to purchase the Gold track for more content. More details about the Battle Pass can be found below or at brawlhalla.com/battlepass.
In addition, Onyx’s price has been reduced to 5400 Gold! We’ve also made a balance pass, game improvements, and much more in this update.
To catch the latest Brawlhalla news and content, be sure to follow us on Twitter, Twitch, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Discord!
Brawlhalla’s first ever Battle Pass has arrived! This first season features 85 tiers of exclusive rewards unlockable by playing Brawlhalla and completing missions. The Battle Pass season will last 12 weeks.
Battle Pass will also feature a UI takeover, new main menu and character select music, and a separate Battle Pass tab for easy access when navigating the main menu.
New Exclusive Battle Pass Items
All players are automatically granted access to a Battle Pass track to unlock unique Colors, Avatars, Taunt, Sidekick and Weapon Skins.
- Players can also unlock the Gold track to immediately unlock some exclusive items, like the newest twist on cosmetic items, Progression Skins and Podiums.
- Unlocking the Gold track also grants boosters and additional weekly missions to help level up through Battle Pass faster for more rewards.
- Over 100 rewards in the Battle Pass!
New Missions for Battle Pass
With the Battle Pass comes an update to the missions system!
- Daily, Weekly, and General missions are available throughout the season.
- Earn Battle Gems by completing missions to earn rewards!
- Battle Gems measure a player’s progress toward the next reward tier.
- Unlocking the Gold track will grant more missions for more opportunities to earn Battle Gems and rewards.
Earn Battle Gems to Level Up
Each week, new missions will unlock, granting new opportunities to earn more Battle Gems while still allowing previous missions to be completed.
- Battle Gems are earned by completing missions in matchmaking games except for Brawl of the Week.
- Players can get even more Battle Gems just by playing Brawlhalla. Any matchmaking game rewards Battle Points that advance the Earn Battle Points mission.
- Completing the mission gives players Gems and a new more challenging Earn Battle Points mission.
Players can unlock over 100 rewards during the Battle Pass season, so grab your favorite Legend and start brawling. Players can also use Mammoth Coins to increase progress along the track while the season is active. For more information, check out brawlhalla.com/battlepass.
Phase in and out of visibility as you fight for your escape from Loki’s prison! Queue up against 2 other Players in a 3 minute FFA game with 300% damage. Score 2 points for KO-ing an enemy, lose 1 point for being KO’d. All while you and your opponents go invisible when not using powers!
- 3 Player FFA
- 3 minutes
- 300% Damage
- Most points at the end wins!
- Onyx’s price has been reduced to 5400 Gold!
- Spend your hard-earned Glory in the Ranked Store tab!
- Looking for a certain chest? We’re rapidly rotating through chests, so check out the in-game timer to know when the next chest will rotate.
- Find the new Sales items!
Onyx has received her first balance adjustments after release and is now tournament legal! We have also made a number of adjustments to the Cannon kit aimed at increasing the consistency of one of its main setup tools. Several overperforming weapons have received reductions in threat coverage or increased risk, while certain key attacks on underperforming weapons now grant greater advantage on hit or more consistent follow-up attacks. A round of changes have also been made to numerous Signatures to increase their reward or utility.
The Axe boasts some far reaching attacks that have proven to be overly safe for their coverage. We have opened up avenues for proper counterplay against the Down Light by reducing its rear coverage and rate of attack. The Side Air now has more commitment in its movement and placement, granting more consistent returns from proper evasion of this attack.
- Axe Down Light: Increased Cooldown on miss from 10 to 15; Decreased rear threat coverage.
- Axe Side Air: Decreased the amount of acceleration allowed during the attack.
The Blasters Side Light has received an increase in Stun as it previously did not grant enough advantage for continued pressure.
- Blasters Side Light: Increased Stun from 21 to 23.
We have increased the Bow Side Light’s Recover time on miss for its risk to better match its potential reward and consistent follow-ups.
- Bow Side Light: Increase Recover time on miss from 3 Fixed/17 Variable to 4 Fixed/19 Variable.
After the Cannon rework, it has been found that the kit is better served with the Side Light providing consistent follow-ups across most health ranges. We have altered the Force and setup location to allow for these consistent follow-ups. We have also decreased the Time to Hit of the Neutral Light to allow the Cannon to better contest other weapons in the tight quarters often created by its own strings.
- Cannon Neutral Light: Decreased Time to Hit from 10 to 9.
- Cannon Side Light: Force changed from 90 Fixed/17 Variable to a range of 105~90 Fixed/0 Variable; Setup location during the later Hit Window is now closer.
Much of the Gauntlets’ overall strength hinges on the Neutral Air. We have increased the Stun and decreased the Recover time on hit to grant greater frame advantage, allowing stronger and more diverse follow-ups from this attack.
- Gauntlets Neutral Air: Increased Stun from 17 to 18; Decreased Recover time on hit from 1 Fixed/13 Variable to 0 Fixed/13 Variable.
The Hammer Down Air has received a reduction in threat coverage and an increase in Recover time on miss to open up greater avenues of counterplay through proper movement. The Side Light has also received similar threat reductions, as well as a minor Damage decrease to rein in its damage build from pokes during the neutral game.
- Hammer Side Light: Decreased Damage from a range of 18~16 to a range of 17~15; Decreased maximum vertical threat coverage; Slightly decreased maximum horizontal threat coverage; Decreased rear threat coverage during the later Hit Window of the attack.
- Hammer Down Air: Decreased horizontal threat coverage; Decreased maximum vertical threat coverage during the later Hit Window of the attack; Increased Recover time on miss from 2 Fixed/17 Variable to 3 Fixed/18 Variable.
We have altered the angle of knockback during the later Hit Window of the Katars Side Air for a more consistent result for solo and team follow-ups. The Katar Ground Pound has received an increase in Stun to compensate for the Side Air’s slightly decreased spiking power, and to grant greater follow-up potential on-stage.
- Katars Side Air: Angle of knockback during the later Hit Window is now more horizontal.
- Katars Ground Pound: Increased Stun from 20 to 22.
The Orb Ground Pound could be used to prevent falling while off-stage for too long of a duration, so gravity now resumes earlier during the Recover time to trim this behavior.
- Orb Ground Pound: Gravity resumes much earlier during Recover time for the aerial version.
The Lance Neutral Air has received an increase to its Cooldown on both hit and miss, allowing greater windows of opportunity for juggled opponents to attempt a return to the stage.
- Lance Neutral Air: Increased Cooldown on hit from 6 to 12; Increased Cooldown on miss from 9 to 14.
We have updated the Scythe Recovery’s hurtboxing to be more accurate to its animation. This attack will now be easier to contest from above with an appropriately ranged attack.
- Scythe Recovery: Updated hurtboxing to better match the animation, resulting in decreased vertical priority.
As the Spear’s main combo starter, we have removed the Variable Force from the Down Light, granting this attack consistent setup locations and follow-up potential at all health ranges.
- Spear Down Light: Changed Force from 50 Fixed/5 Variable to 65 Fixed/0 Variable.
Given the Sword’s robust follow-up potential from all of its grounded attacks, we have reined in some of its longer ranged threats. The Down Light has received a reduction in maximum horizontal reach, allowing more ranged attacks and aerial approaches to counter this option. The Side Light now has greater Force to widen its string follow-ups and increase its commitment, as well as greater Recover time on miss to better match its overall coverage.
- Sword Side Light: Increased Recover time on miss from 0 Fixed/21 Variable to 1 Fixed/21 Variable; Increased Force from 70 Fixed/6 Variable to 80 Fixed/16 Variable.
- Sword Down Light: Decreased maximum horizontal threat coverage.
We have increased the Unarmed Side Air’s Recover time on miss and Cooldown on miss, as repeated attacks could be rotated through too quickly in scramble situations.
- Unarmed Side Air: Increased Recover time on miss from 5 Fixed/14 Variable to 5 Fixed/17 Variable; Increased Cooldown on miss from 12 to 14.
Caspian’s Down Gauntlets now has greater Force and lower angle of knockback, as this attack previously required too much damage to score a knockout.
- Caspian Down Gauntlets: Increased Force from 76 Fixed/50 Variable to 76 Fixed/52 Variable; Angle of knockback is now more horizontal.
We have slightly increased the Damage of Lin Fei’s Neutral Katars and Side Cannon to better suit their lengthy overall duration.
- Lin Fei Neutral Katars: Increased Damage from 20 to 22.
- Lin Fei Side Cannon: Increased Damage from 20 to 21.
Nix’s Down Scythe, while powerful, has proved to be too risky for its potential reward. We have slightly reduced the Recover time of this attack to increase its viability in a broader range of situations.
- Nix Down Scythe: Decreased total Recover time from 32 to 30.
Onyx has received her first balance pass after release, focused on bringing the overall commitment of several attacks in line with their coverage and potential reward. The Side Cannon, Side Gauntlets, and Down Gauntlets now have more appropriate windows for response as they could be rotated through too quickly. The Down Cannon has received an increase in Force, as it previously required too much damage to score a knockout in most situations.
- Onyx Side Cannon: Increased total Recover time on miss from 21 to 24; Increased Cooldown on miss from 18 to 20.
- Onyx Down Cannon: Increased Force from 70 Fixed/47 Variable to 70 Fixed/49 Variable.
- Onyx Side Gauntlets: Increased total Recover time from 16 to 21.
- Onyx Down Gauntlets: Increased total Recover time on miss from 19 to 25; Increased Cooldown time on miss from 20 to 24.
Queen Nai’s Neutral Katars and Side Spear have received reductions in Minimum Charge time, allowing these attacks to be used more quickly when the opportunity arises. The Side Spear has also received an increase in Fixed Force for a greater gain in stage control on hit and a minor increase in knockout potential.
- Queen Nai Neutral Katars: Decreased Minimum Charge time from 17 to 14.
- Queen Nai Side Spear: Increased Force from 47 Fixed/53 Variable to 56 Fixed/53 Variable; Decreased Minimum Charge time from 14 to 12.
We have slightly reduced the knockout potential of Scarlet’s Side Rocket Lance and Side Hammer, as they have proven to greatly outpace other similar attacks. While they remain some of the most powerful of their class, these attacks are now closer in line with their overall coverage and utility.
- Scarlet Side Rocket Lance: Decreased Force from a range of 80~70 Fixed/53 Variable to a range of 80~70 Fixed/50~48 Variable.
- Scarlet Side Hammer: Decreased Force of the initial grounded hit from 60 Fixed/63 Variable to 60 Fixed/60 Variable; Decreased Force of the aerial version from 50 Fixed/50 Variable to 50 Fixed/48 Variable.
Sir Roland’s Neutral Rocket Lance previously scored knockouts at much later health ranges than its Time to Hit and Recover time warranted. We have lowered its angle of knockback to be more in line with the angle of attack, resulting in earlier knockout ranges more appropriate to its commitment.
- Sir Roland Neutral Rocket Lance: Angle of knockback is now more horizontal.
We have increased the Recover time of Thor’s Neutral Orb to increase its overall risk and opportunities to punish this attack. This increased Recover time also trims the duration Thor can prevent falling off-stage when Gravity Canceling this attack.
- Thor Neutral Orb: Increased total Recover time from 22 to 26.
- We’ve altered the height of the spawn points on Big Crystal Temple just slightly to fix an issue where, for a few frames, a character would have their head stuck in the ceiling collision while spawning. The spawn points are now also the same height above the ground so all players on the map will land and start moving on the same frame.
- Taunts now preview their sounds when viewed in Mallhalla.
- Adjusted Kor & Mordex’s character select animation loop duration so that animated Gauntlet Skins display correctly.
- Fixed a rare crash on the training mode settings screen.
- Fixed an issue where colors unlocked by leveling up a Legend would sometimes be erroneously unavailable for use in 2v2 Matchmaking.
- Fixed an issue where combos that went long enough before reusing a move would not qualify for DI. Credit: T1FF4NY.
- Fixed a rare controller bug where the left stick could be all the way to the edge in a very specific diagonal input, and the game would read this as a neutral input. This change does not affect players who have the “Improved Sticks” option disabled.
- Fixed an issue where Isaiah’s Blaster Signatures were showing the wrong hand assets.
- Fixed a problem where Onyx’s wing dissipation didn’t show up for the Neutral Gauntlet and added the missing FX to Onyx’s wing.
- Fixed an issue where one of Caspian’s Katar Skins wouldn’t swap correctly for a few frames during his Down Signature.
The new free-to-play Legend rotation for this week includes: Orion, Volkov, Yumiko, Thor, Sir Roland, Val, Ada, and Lin Fei.
- Orion – A revered warrior and champion, the mysterious armored knight uses Rocket Lance and Spear to battle his foes in the halls of Valhalla!
- Volkov – The Vampire King of Batavia has unexpectedly found Valhalla and has brought his Scythe and Axe to battle.
- Yumiko – Holding the appearance of a blind seamstress, this centuries old fox spirit has been brought into battle wielding her Magical Hammer and Bow!
- Thor – Finally entering the ring, Thor, God of Thunder, makes his appearance in the Grand Tournament with his trusty Hammer, Mjölnir, and his powerful Orb.
- Sir Roland – No one in Valhalla feels a greater thirst for victory in the tournament than Sir Roland, as he strikes down his opponents with Rocket Lance and Sword.
- Val – An android assassin with terrifying strength and quicker-than-light cognition, Val is a force to be reckoned with when utilizing her Sword and Gauntlets.
- Ada – Armed with Blasters and Spear, this nano-tech, elite combat hacker aims to win in the Grand Tournament.
- Lin Fei – A defender of the innocent and teacher of the lost ways. She is a great teacher who has developed her own fighting style, the ‘Way of the Iron Dragon,’ which utilizes her Cannon, Katars and an ancestral dragon-spirit.