It’s the frostiest time of the year! We’re celebrating the Brawlhallidays 2021 event with new exclusive Skins for Gnash and Nix, a new Winner Wonderland’21 Podium, a free seasonal Title Reward by logging on during the event, Winter Holiday Colors, 12 other holiday-themed Skins, and so much more. Just follow the snowflakes in Mallhalla!
This update also brings two new Test Features – Dodge Cooldowns and Easy Gravity Cancels. For more information, please visit brawlhalla.com/test-features.
Additionally, we also made a few game improvements, bug fixes, updated the free-to-play Legend rotation, and featured a Snowbrawl Brawl of the Week called “Stay Frosty!”
For those in the pursuit of Glory, the new Ranked Season 23 will start on January 12th. Players can also claim the new Enlightened Bundle free with Amazon Prime Gaming!
To catch the latest Brawlhalla news and content, be sure to follow us on Twitter, Twitch, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Discord!
Jingle brawl, jingle brawl all the way! Celebrate the Brawlhalliday 2021 event with brand new seasonal items. Featuring all-new Skins for Gnash and Nix, a gingerbread village in the Winner Wonderland’21 Podium, and an abundance of limited-time items like the Winter Holiday Colors, Frostbite KO Effect, and so much more available by following the snowflakes in Mallhalla.
Reindeer Games Gnash
- “He never misses a delivery.”
- It’s a merry and brawling time as Reindeer Games Gnash sweeps the competition with his Santa’s Sleigh-er Hammer and his Regifted Spear.
White Out Nix
- “She makes death cookies for the other skiers.”
- Ready to cause an avalanche down the slopes, White Out Nix is preparing to tumble with her Snow Shooters and Ice Pick Scythe.
Festive Yeti Onyx
- “Oh what fun it is to blast your opponents far away, hey!”
Frost Guardian Ragnir
- “Slashing through a winter wonderland.”
- “Ready to lead the cavalry this holiday season.”
Santa Wu Shang
- “He’s making a list and KO-ing you twice!”
Future Spirit Artemis
- “The ghost of knockouts yet to come.”
- “Exterminator. No job too big, or small, or seven-headed. Open holidays and nighttime.”
- “Neither mouse nor king can stand against true bravery.”
- “Don’t put rocks in snowballs. Someone could get hurt.”
- “He’s got this in the bag.”
Holly Jolly Ember
- “Jingle Bell, Jingle Bell, Jingle Bell, Stock.”
Wreck the Halls Teros
- “Who’s the most famous now?”
Secret Santa Thatch
- “Yo ho ho ho!”
Winner Wonderland’21 Podium
- “Take the Jötunn Express to the Gingerbread village!”
- A jolly Podium with all new art and sound effects!
Winter Holiday Colors
- Show off festive spirit with these red, green, and white colors!
- Available for every Legend with your hard-earned Gold.
- “Hope you brought a coat.”
- Knockout your opponents with chilly flair.
- “Watch out for frostbite!”
- Exclusive to the seasonal event, this Katar Weapon Skin is the pointiest icicles you’ve ever seen!
Bomby the Snowman
- “And he waved goodbye, saying don’t you cry. Stand a safe distance away.”
- An exclusive animated Avatar!
- “Only Thor can catch this on his tongue.”
- Can be purchased with your hard-earned Gold!
The Brawlhallidays 2021 event also features:
- A free “Festive Brawler” Title by logging on to Brawlhalla during the event!
- Daily login bonus of 250 Gold to celebrate.
- A chilly and fun Brawl of the Week – “Stay Frosty!”
- Snow spread across a few Maps in Brawlhalla.
- Holiday-themed UI Takeover! Follow the snowflakes in Mallhalla to find all the exclusive items.
Celebrate the holidays and get your Snowbrawl on at 150% damage! Face off against 3 other Legends in this 3 minute FFA. Score 1 point for hitting someone with a snowball, 3 points for getting a KO, and lose 1 point for being KO’d. Most points at the end wins!
- FFA Snowbrawl
- Unlimited Stocks
- 150% Damage
- 3 minutes
We are testing some changes to the way dodges behave in Brawlhalla, beginning with a cleaner and easier to understand cooldown. Currently in Brawlhalla, dodges that begin on the ground have a significantly shorter cooldown than dodges performed from the air. That air dodge cooldown gets reduced when landing to be slightly longer than that of a ground dodge, often resulting in immediately ending the cooldown. Dodges used for Gravity Cancels ignore this cooldown reduction.
This test feature unifies all dodges to a single consistent cooldown. The new cooldown duration is shorter than the previous air dodge cooldown, but notably longer than the previous ground dodge cooldown. The expected gameplay results of this consistent cooldown include: more reliable attack routes when punishing an opponent’s dodge, less extended sequences of “dodge circles” where players alternate attacks and dodges with no winner, slightly shorter maximum dodge punish strings, and access to Gravity Cancel more often.
We are also testing a slightly shorter window for the Easy Gravity Cancel feature. This adjustment is aimed at reducing unintentional Gravity Cancels for players who attempt to dodge and perform a Recovery attack in close succession.
- In Test Features, ground and aerial dodges now have an identical fixed cooldown.
- This duration is slightly shorter than the current maximum aerial dodge cooldown.
- This provides a more consistent window between dodges and allows for more reliable string routes when attacking an opponent after they dodge.
- The new cooldown duration also means that players will have access to the Gravity Cancel mechanic at a slightly faster rate.
Easy Gravity Cancel:
- The window for initiating a Gravity Cancel from a directional dodge has been decreased from 5 frames to 3 frames.
- We are testing this value in an effort to reduce unintended instances of Directional Gravity Cancels.
- Whether you are a player who often Gravity Cancels when you want a Recovery attack, or if you are a player that has a difficult time performing Gravity Cancels with this new value, give us your feedback!
Share your feedback on our Twitter and Discord. More information can be found at brawlhalla.com/test-features.
Be one with your inner prowess with the Enlightened Bundle free with Prime Gaming! Unlock these premium rewards:
- Wu Shang Legend Unlock
- Wu Shang Kong Skin
- Fu Fists Weapon Skin
- Onisan Sidekick
This limited-time promotion is available to all Amazon Prime members. Claim your loot at https://gaming.amazon.com/loot/brawlhalla.
- The “Damage” setting in the Game Settings can now be adjusted in increments of 10% instead of 25%.
- In the TIMED gamemode, bots are now more likely to attack players with higher scores (this includes FFA).
- Fixed a bug where Crew Battle defaulted to having Gadgets off in custom games.
- Fixed macOS keyboard issues.
- Fixed an issue with the Champion Throne Emote where players would fall while Gravity Canceling it.
- Fixed an issue with the Dumbbell Curls Emote where players would fall part way through when using it during a Gravity Cancel.
- Fixed a bug causing Ryu’s Down Orb Signature effect to go missing during a 2nd tier air explosion.
- Zariel Down Gauntlets: Fixed a case where the target could be dropped before the final hit when performed from a Gravity Cancel (credit: Silverslayer56).
The free-to-play Legend rotation for this week includes: Bödvar, Queen Nai, Lord Vraxx, Nix, Petra, Jaeyun, Kaya, Xull, and Zariel.
- Bödvar – He is the Protector of the North and dreams of endless battle. Bödvar has broken down the doors to Valhalla himself and is ready to take down his foes with Sword and Hammer!
- Queen Nai – With each victory nourishing the gods of her people, Queen Nai has come wielding Katars, Spear, and her powerful sorcery.
- Lord Vraxx – This feared warlord dominates his opponents with Rocket Lance and Blasters!
- Nix – Led by a thousand year hunt, this reaper, armed with both Blasters and Scythe, has found herself a new bounty in Valhalla.
- Petra – Having been set free from Terminus, Petra sets her eyes on Valhalla with her Orb, Gauntlets, and Darkheart powers.
- Jaeyun – The legendary mercenary who has traveled across the Old Kingdom on the back of his dragon turtle companion Imugi, Jaeyun has discovered new riches and sights in Valhalla! He brings the Greatsword and Sword to battle in the Grand Tournament.
- Kaya – Using her bow, spear and spirit animals, she is ready to try her luck in the Grand Tournament!
- Xull – With legendary physical strength, this Axe and Cannon wielding Orc Warlord is ready to challenge everyone and everything in Valhalla!
- Zariel – The Celestial, a warrior deity of Holy Justice, who abides in blessed Elysium. Zariel uses Gauntlets and Bow to take down both Demon hordes and any warrior participating in the Grand Tournament.