Brawlhalla is celebrating its Five Year Anniversary with a new seasonal event complete with exclusive items and new in-game features! The Anniversary event includes a new Bödvar Skin, an exclusive Color Scheme, celebratory Emote, and more.
We’re also introducing Titles, a new reward that players can earn by accomplishing various milestones, like becoming a BCX World Champion. During this Brawlhalla Anniversary event, players can earn a free “Reveler” Title by logging in!
There are also new visual effect Test Features for Gravity Cancel, Dodge, high damage knockback, and so much more. These changes are part of a continuing effort to improve the art and competitive clarity of Brawlhalla. Alongside this, we’ve added new and updated illustrations for the base Podium, Sentinel’s base design, and Thatch’s base design.
Additionally, we’re reducing the Gold prices for several Legends in Mallhalla, featuring a more frequent rotation of the Brawl of the Week during the Anniversary event, adding new Doodle Avatars, and many more in this momentous patch!
To catch the latest Brawlhalla news and content, be sure to follow us on Twitter, Twitch, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Discord!
Bring out the party hat and cake – it’s time to celebrate Brawlhalla’s Five Year Anniversary! This new event features exclusive cosmetic items, like a new Skin for Bödvar, Colors, and much more. Players can also claim a free “Reveler” Title during the event by logging in to Brawlhalla!
See the list below for all the exclusive treats:
- “I can bear-ly contain my excitement.”
- Adorned with his Hammer Decorum and Gilded Glory, Bödvar is ready to celebrate in his new attire!
- Dress to impress with these white, black, and gold colors.
- Available for every Legend!
- “Cassidy baked this in her spare time.”
- Party with your opponents with some cake!
- “I can see my reflection!”
- Featuring animations and sound effects, dazzle your opponents on this lavish Podium.
The Anniversary event also includes:
- A free “Reveler” Title by logging on to Brawlhalla during the Anniversary event!
- More frequent Brawl of the Week rotations featuring popular game modes. Check back every other day to see what we highlight.
- New main menu, character select, and victory theme music.
- Daily login bonus of 250 Gold to celebrate this event.
- A new Anniversary UI Takeover! Follow the top hats in Mallhalla to find all the goodies.
We are excited to introduce a new feature – Titles! Titles are rewards players earn by achieving unique milestones like becoming a BCX ‘20 LCQ finalist or the anniversary of the creation of a player’s Brawlhalla account.
- Titles can be seen above a player’s name within the in-game lobby.
- Players can claim a free “Reveler” Title for playing Brawlhalla during our Anniversary event!
- With this update, players will receive an upgrading Title each year on their Brawlhalla account’s anniversary.
- We’ll be continuing to slowly add more Titles! If you have any suggestions, let us know what you would like to see on Twitter and Discord.
This update includes new visual effect Test Features! We are testing new effects for Smoke Trails, last aerial Jump cloud, out of Recovery options, Dodge, Wall Touch cloud, and Gravity Cancel. These options are available to try out in the Experimental queue and in Custom Lobbies with Test Features enabled.
- New Smoke Trails that are relative to the Legend’s velocity. This Test Feature effect does not cover up Weapon Throws.
- Updated Jump cloud effects for the player’s last air Jump.
- Brand new effect for when a player is completely out of recovering options.
- Visual updates to Dodge, Wall Touch cloud, and Gravity Cancel effects.
- These visual effect Test Features are a continuing effort to improve the art and competitive clarity of Brawlhalla!
Please let us know your experience with these Test Features on Twitter and Discord! Check out brawlhalla.com/test-features for more information.
This update brings new updated illustrations to our base Podium, Sentinel’s base design, and Thatch’s base design.
- The base Podium has received a visual update with more detail in its overall design and knotwork.
- Sentinel’s and Thatch’s base designs have also received visual updates to bring their designs more in line with their archetypes. They also feature extra details like Sentinel’s lightning bolt symbol on his attire and Thatch’s new facial expressions.
- We’ve also updated a few of Thatch’s Skins and all of Sentinel’s Skins to match their updated features.
- This will be a continuous effort to bring fresh updates to the art of Brawlhalla!
The Gold costs for several Legends have been reduced to be more accessible for players. These reductions are based primarily on their Legend and Weapon release dates.
- Bödvar, Brynn, and Ember are now 900 Gold.
- Lord Vraxx, Gnash, Lucien, Hattori, Sentinel, and Sir Roland are now 2300 Gold.
- Scarlet, Asuri, Barraza, Kor, Mirage, and Sidra are now 3900 Gold.
- These Legends are purchasable in Mallhalla!
Pick your best 5 Legends and face off against your opponents best 5 Legends in this intense 300% damage battle! When you lose a stock the next Legend in your list spawns in ready to fight. Damage KO your opponent 5 times to win!
- 1v1 Strikeout
- 5 Stocks
- 300% Damage
- Legend changes after each stock!
During the Anniversary event, the Brawl of the Week will rotate more frequently to feature the various game modes in Brawlhalla! Check back every other day to see what’s being highlighted.
Brawlhalla’s 5th World Championship is currently underway! This weekend our Australia, Southeast Asia, and South American regions will be battling in the 1v1 Finals. The Finals are double-elimination brackets where every competitor has qualified for their spot through either Power Rankings or Last Chance Qualifiers.
Tune in to watch the action live on twitch.tv/brawlhalla.
- Saturday, November 14, 2020 – Australia and Southeast Asia Finals
- Sunday, November 15, 2020 – South America Finals
For times in your local time zone, see brawlhalla.com/schedule
By tuning in to the Brawlhalla Twitch stream, players can earn exclusive Esports Viewership Rewards. This weekend’s free Rewards are:
- Metadev Ember- Fight your opponents in this rare and unique Ember Skin!
- Esports Colors – Show off your love of our Twitch streams with this rare black, silver, blue, and gold color scheme, applicable for all legends!
- Mammoth Superfan Sidekick – Making their triumphant return from BCX 2017, this blue wooly mammoth is ready to shout and cheer.
To learn more about BCX 2020, visit brawlhalla.com/esports.
Brawlhalla’s second Battle Pass features 85 tiers of new exclusive rewards unlockable by playing Brawlhalla and completing missions. This season is only available for a limited time, so play now!
- A new feature to allow players to select which level of the Progression Skin and Podium to equip!
- Daily, Weekly, and General missions throughout the season.
- A newly themed Synthwave Kung Foot!
- A new Free-for-All map called Sun Drive City.
Players can unlock over 100 rewards during the Battle Pass season, so grab your favorite Legend and start brawling. For more information, check out brawlhalla.com/battlepass.
For a limited time, we are introducing the Solidarity Emote for Charity. All proceeds from this Emote will be donated to Campaign Zero. To find out more information about this non-profit organization, check out www.joincampaignzero.org.
- Follow the fancy top hats to locate all the Anniversary items!
- Reduced Gold cost for multiple Legends.
- New Doodle Avatars for Thor, Petra, Vector, Volkov, Onyx, Jaeyun, and Mako.
- Solidarity Emote
- Looking for a certain chest? We’re rapidly rotating through chests, so check out the in-game timer to know when the next chest will rotate.
- Find the new Sales items!
- Walker Attack now appears next to Horde in the game mode list in the game settings.
- Reorganized Crossovers in Training Mode. Removed Crossovers from the list of Legends in the Bot Settings for the Training Settings menu. Crossovers are still listed under Skins for the corresponding base Legends.
- Updated Power Rankings for Autumn, data includes everything up to and including Mammoth Cup.
- Adjusted Thatch’s character select animation to look better with his updated art.
- Fixed an issue on the replay screen where the cursor could be beyond the last replay when paging.
- Fixed a bug with Monster Gnash’s Weapon Skins were not always showing up in the list of available Weapon Skins to use.
- Fixed a bug where progress toward certain Weekly Battle Pass Missions would not show up in the post-match screen until after playing another online game or restarting the client.
- Fixed a bug where unowned Crossovers were not showing up as options for their base Legends in Training Mode.
The new free-to-play Legend rotation for this week includes: Gnash, Jiro, Ragnir, Ulgrim, Isaiah, Val, Ember, Scarlet, and Kaya.
- Gnash – In the darkness, before the dawn of history, this Legend was raised by the harsh jungle itself. This Super Hunter uses Grappling Hammer and Spear in battle.
- Jiro – Trained as a child by a powerful and secret shinobi family, Jiro comes into the arena with not only Scythe and Sword but shadow clones as well!
- Ragnir – This apex predator, whose home is in the Fangwild, now ventures outward using his Katars and Axe to take on the rest of the Legends in Valhalla!
- Ulgrim – Equipped with flawless Ivaldi creations, his Axe and Rocket Lance, the legendary blacksmith forges his way into battle!
- Isaiah – Major Isaiah Marshall, OEL’s special forces commander is at your service. He utilizes Cannon and Blasters with the help of his drone, equipped with a cloaking device and rockets at its disposal!
- Val – An android assassin with terrifying strength and quicker-than-light cognition, Val is a force to be reckoned with when utilizing her Sword and Gauntlets.
- Ember – This quick and dexterous elf does battle in Valhalla with Bow, Katars and her two companions: a wolf named Ash and her raven named Yarra.
- Scarlet – A former female boxing champion of England and head of the Royal Airship Navy, this Legend uses her ingenuity and steam power to build her own Rocket Lance and Grappling Hammer to take into battle.
- Kaya – Using her bow, spear and spirit animals, she is ready to try her luck in the Grand Tournament!