Trick or Treat – Brawlhalloween is upon us! We’re commemorating this spooky season with a new Skin for Petra and Dusk, along with eight other Halloween-themed Skins, a new Podium, exclusive Haunting Colors, and a slew of other frightful goodies that can be found by following the candy corn in Mallhalla. Jack-o’-lanterns and pumpkins can also be seen covering the maps in Valhalla.
Odin has returned and brought another free Gift of Asgard called the Katars of the Raven, available on all platforms! In addition, we’ve reduced Vector’s price to 5400 Gold, made a balance pass, game improvements, bug fixes, and more.
The spooky season of tricks, treats, and frightening feats is here. We’re celebrating the festivities with new Halloween-themed Skins for Dusk and Petra, a new Graveyard Shift 2019 Podium, and lots more.
See the list below for all the Brawlhalloween treats:
- Dusk Till Dawn – “He vants to take your Elo!”
- Petra Reanimated – “Consult your doctor.”
- Werebat Ragnir – “Like a bat out of Helheim.”
- Skel-Asuri – “She’s got a bone to pick!”
- Bewitching Scarlet – “Nice night for a hex.”
- Horseman Lucien – “They say his spirit haunts the roadways to this very day.”
- Demonkin Diana – “Be careful what you ask for.”
- Punkin Spice Yumiko – “In every town, village, and city. There is no escape. Ever.”
- The Monster Gnash – “Graveyard smaaaash!”
- Immortal Caspian – “When you’re a vampire thief, the stakes are always high.”
- Graveyard Shift 2019
- “Darkness falls across the land…”
- A new style for frightful fun!
- “Smashing pumpkins into tiny pieces of debris!”
- An exclusive KO Effect for Brawlhalloween.
- Haunting Colors
- Give your opponents a scare with these purple, black, and orange colors.
- Available for every Legend!
- Pumpkin Pyre Avatar
- An animated Avatar!
- “Ghostly fire makes everything better!”
- RIP Avatar
- “Rest In Pieces.”
- Purchasable with your hard-earned Gold!
Brawlhalloween will also feature:
- Bewitching Jack-o’-lanterns and pumpkins across Brawlhalla maps.
- Bouncy Bombs replaced with Bouncy Pumpkin Bombs!
- A Halloween-themed UI Takeover.
- 250 bonus login Gold during the event!
Odin has returned and brought another Gift of Asgard to the earthly realm – the Katars of the Raven! This social media Weapon Skin is now available for ALL platforms. Claim the Katars of the Raven at brawlhalla.com/freekatars.
- Unlock these social Katars for PC, Playstation 4, Nintendo Switch, and Xbox One.
- One code per Twitch account for the platform of your choice. More information is available at brawlhalla.com/news/claiming-the-katars-of-the-raven.
- We appreciate all of you who have already followed us to stay up-to-date on everything Brawlhalla!
Ghost Brawl 2v2 is back! Grab a partner or queue alone as you quickly go invisible when you don’t use any powers in this tense game mode. Stay invisible too long, or use any power (including dodge) and you’re visible once more! (Pro Tip: Dust clouds from jumps and dashes are still visible even when an opponent is not!)
- Queue alone or with a friend!
- 3 Stocks
- 200% Damage
- 8 Minute Timer
- Find Brawlhalloween items by following the candy corn in Mallhalla!
- Vector’s price has been reduced to 5400 Gold!
- We’re currently rapidly rotating through chests. See the in-game timer to know when the next chest will rotate.
- Check out the new Sales items!
This patch brings a great deal of changes to the Lance kit, designed around enhancing pathways and options from its grounded strikes, as well as reining in the attack speed and range of certain attacks on the Katars that have proven to be over-tuned in recent tournaments. We have also improved several under-utilized Weapons and Signature attacks with a focus on leaning into their respective strengths, such as more damage for heavy Weapons and faster overall attack speed for some lighter Weapons.
The Rocket Lance has received several changes to its grounded interactions designed around increasing the breadth of options available both on-hit and from a neutral position. The Down Air’s grounded hit has traded some of its damage for greater stun and less force, enabling more reliable followup attacks when using this option to approach. As one of those possible follow-ups, the Down Light now has a quicker Time to Hit and slides further when performed from a dash, while also increasing its backstep for more evasive movement when performed without a dash. The Side Light now has a longer duration on-hit to allow for a more reasonable time to confirm the connection, but retains its previous frame advantage on-hit due to the matching increase in stun time. With the Recovery attack receiving a reduced Minimum Charge time, it is now possible to combo from the Side Light after a very close range hit, or as a tight string using a chase dodge.
- Lance Down Light: Decreased Time to Hit from 8 to 6; Setup location is now closer to the user; Slightly increased initial backwards movement; Increased forward momentum bonus when used from a dash; Decreased Force of final hit from 50 Fixed/5 Variable to 30 Fixed/5 Variable.
- Lance Side Light: Increased final Hit Window from 2 to 3; Increased Recover time on Hit from 1 to 4; Increased Stun of final hit from 13 to 17; Increased the maximum momentum carried over on miss; Smoothed momentum carried over during the Time to Hit and Hit Window.
- Lance Down Air: Decreased Force of the ground version from to 61 Fixed/35 Variable to 61 Fixed/15 Variable; Decreased Damage of the final grounded hit from 17 to 14; Decreased Fixed Recover on Hit from 9 to 7; Decreased Stun from a range of 19~18 to a range of 18~17.
- Lance Recovery: Decreased Minimum Charge time from 12 to 10.
We have reduced the maximum range on several of the Katars most popular options, as they have proven to cover too much ground for its attack speed. The Side Light now has a more modest momentum boost from movement to fit this Weapon’s faster Time to Hit. The Neutral Air now has greater Recover time on miss and less steering to bring its risk in line with its excellent coverage, along with the user and target now recovering simultaneously on hit.
- Katar Side Light: Decreased Momentum carried over from movement, such as a dash.
- Katar Neutral Air: Increased Recover time on miss from 3 Fixed/22 Variable to 5 Fixed/22 Variable; Decreased Stun from a range of 25~18 to a range of 23~16; Dampened acceleration allowed during the attack.
- Katar Side Air: Increased Damage from 15 to 16.
- Katar Recovery: Updated hitboxing during the final slash to better match the animation, resulting in slightly less vertical and rear coverage.
The Spear has received improvements to its main tools that deal with stacked opponents. The Neutral Air now has increased stun for more reliable follow-ups on hit, while the Down Air has a faster Time to Hit so users can better respond to close range grounded opponents with a jumping Down Air.
- Spear Neutral Air: Increased Stun of the final hit from 24 to 26.
- Spear Down Air: Decreased Time to Hit from 11 to 10.
We have increased the Hammer’s damage on two of its key grounded attacks, the Side Light and Down Light, to lean further into its role as a high-damage Weapon with greater reward per hit.
- Hammer Side Light: Increased Damage from a range of 16~14 to a range of 18~16.
- Hammer Down Light: Increased Damage from 10 to 12.
The Sword’s Neutral Air has proven to be too strong of an option at top level play so we have reduced its reward on hit, while also making it easier to contest by slightly reducing its maximum coverage.
- Sword Neutral Air: Decreased Damage from 17 to 15; Decreased Force from 50 Fixed/38 Variable to 50 Fixed/36 Variable; Slightly decreased total vertical coverage.
The maximum threat range that many Weapons now possess from dash approaches has left the Bow Down Light feeling stiff, so we have reduced the Recover time on miss to better compete with such options on other kits.
- Bow Down Light: Decreased Recover time on miss from 3 Fixed/22 Variable to 1 Fixed/22 Variable.
We have increased the Damage on Ada’s Down Spear to better fit with her high-Strength/low-Defense nature.
- Ada Down Spear: Increased Damage from 23 to 25.
Asuri’s Down Sword provided too great of a reward that surpassed most other Sword Signatures, so we have brought the Damage and Force in line with similar options on other Legends. Some of this power has been shifted into the Side Sword, whose Damage was below that of most other Signatures.
- Asuri Down Sword: Decreased maximum vertical and rear coverage; Decreased Force from 65 Fixed/55 Variable to 65 Fixed/50 Variable; Decreased total Damage from 32 to 25.
- Asuri Side Sword: Increased Damage from 21 to 24.
We have reduced the Recover time of Gnash’s Down Spear to lower its risk more in line with its role as an anti-air attack. The Down Spear has also received a reduction in Recover time to better fit its lengthy Time to Hit.
- Gnash Neutral Spear: Decreased Recover time from 12 to 7.
- Gnash Down Spear: Decreased total Recover time from 27 to 23.
Kor’s risk has begun to outweigh his potential rewards, so we have decreased the Recover time of his Side Hammer for a more appropriate ratio. We have also both increased the Down Hammer’s reward on hit with greater Force, and increased the period before gravity resumes during its Recover time for less risk offstage.
- Kor Side Hammer: Decreased Recover time from 3 to 1.
- Kor Down Hammer: Increased Force of the aerial version from 54 Fixed/48 Variable to 54 Fixed/51 Variable; Increased Force of the ground version from 54 Fixed/51 Variable to 54 Fixed/53 Variable. Increased the amount of time before gravity resumes during the Recover time.
Sir Roland’s Side Lance provided less reward on hit than most other Signatures with similar effective Time to Hit, so we have increased the Damage to better fit its speed.
- Sir Roland Side Lance: Increased Damage of the final swing from 22 to 24.
We have increased the reward on hit for Teros’ Side and Down Hammer Signatures to further lean into his high Strength nature and to better match the overall output of quicker Legends.
- Teros Side Hammer: Increased Damage from 22 to 26.
- Teros Down Hammer: Increased Force from 75 Fixed/52 Variable to 75 Fixed/54 Variable.
Ulgrim’s Neutral Lance has received an increase to its reward on hit to more closely match the strength of anti-airs on newer Legends.
- Ulgrim Neutral Lance: Increased Damage from 23 to 25.
Yumiko’s Neutral Hammer would end up as too slow of an anti-air option in many cases, so we have decreased the Minimum Charge time for a snappier response and more reliable usage.
- Yumiko Neutral Hammer: Decreased Minimum Charge time from 7 to 4.
- Improve core server performance.
- Fixed a bug where Epic Crossovers didn’t use their correct idle animation on the Meet the Legends page.
- Petra Neutral Orb: Fixed a case where the target could be dropped before the final hit when Gravity Canceled.
- Vector Side Lance: Fixed a case where the target could be dropped before the final hit.
The new free-to-play Legend rotation for this week includes: Ada, Gnash, Lin Fei, Teros, Koji, Sir Roland, Nix, and Petra.
- Ada – Armed with Blasters and Spear, this nano-tech, elite combat hacker aims to win in the Grand Tournament.
- Gnash – In the darkness before the dawn of history, this Legend was raised by the harsh jungle itself. This Super Hunter uses Grappling Hammer and Spear in battle.
- Lin Fei – A defender of the innocent and teacher of the lost ways. She is a great teacher who has developed her own fighting style, the ‘Way of the Iron Dragon,’ which utilizes her Cannon, Katars and an ancestral dragon-spirit.
- Teros – This Minotaur is indifferent to the rules or intent of the Tournament, and instead, takes savage joy in all the battles while crushing his opponents with Axe and Grappling Hammer.
- Koji – Armed with his ancestral katana, Koji slices his way through the battlefield with Sword and Bow!
- Sir Roland – No one in Valhalla feels a greater thirst for victory in the tournament than Sir Roland, as he strikes down his opponents with Rocket Lance and Sword.
- Nix – Led by a thousand year hunt, this reaper, armed with both Blasters and Scythe, has found herself new bounty in Valhalla.
- Petra – Having been set free from Terminus, Petra sets her eyes on Valhalla with her Orb, Gauntlets, and Darkheart powers.