Skadoosh! Po, Tigress, and Tai Lung from DreamWorks Kung Fu Panda join the fight in Brawlhalla! This new event features three new Epic Crossovers featuring custom Signature effects, Weapon Skins, and more. The event also includes a new Showdown game mode, a new Kung Fu Panda themed Ranked map, and a Master Shifu KO Effect – all of which will be staying in Brawlhalla after the event ends!
We also graduated the Gravity Cancel visual effect Test Feature into the live game!
The Smoke Trail and out of Recovery effect Test Features also received visual updates based on community feedback for better clarity. These Test Features are available to try out in the Experimental queue and in Custom Lobbies with Test Features enabled.
In addition, we’ve made some game improvements, bug fixes, updated the Legend Rotation, and more.
To catch the latest Brawlhalla news and content, be sure to follow us on Twitter, Twitch, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Discord!
From the Jade Palace to Valhalla, these Legends of Awesomeness have come to brawl in this new thrilling Kung Fu event! Po, Tigress, and Tai Lung are new Epic Crossovers that feature custom Signature effects, custom lock-in animations, dedicated Roster spots, and two new Weapon Skins.
In Brawlhalla, Po, Tigress, and Tai Lung mirror the abilities of Wu Shang, Asuri, and Mordex, respectively, and will be staying in Mallhalla after the event ends.
Po Epic Crossover – “There is no secret ingredient. It’s just you.”
- An ultimate lover of Kung Fu, this chosen Dragon Warrior is ready to fight and protect with Crane and Mantis by his side.
Tigress Epic Crossover – “The hardcore do understand, but I can’t watch my friend be killed.”
- This loyal and powerful warrior is ready to strike with the help of Monkey and Viper!
Tai Lung Epic Crossover – “Finally! A worthy opponent. Our battle will be LEGENDARY!”
- Breaking free of his chains, Tai Lung with his Chi Stopper and Chorh-Gom Cuffs is eager to battle the mightiest warriors in Valhalla.
- “There is now a Level Zero.”
- Help your opponents find inner peace with this new KO Effect!
The Kung Fu Panda Crossover event also includes:
- A new Kung Fu Panda themed Game Mode and Brawl of the Week – Showdown!
- A new Ranked Map called Spirit Realm, featuring new level music.
- Daily login bonus of 250 Gold to celebrate this Epic Crossover event.
- A new Kung Fu Panda themed UI Takeover with new main menu, character select, and victory theme music!
Spar with your opponent in this close combat 1v1 game mode! Unlock your inner awesomeness and fight to become the chosen one as you punch, kick, and fight. Watch out for the arrow and throwing star traps. First to 5 KOs wins, skadoosh!
- New Showdown Game Mode
- Our first walk-off map!
- Press the pressure plates to activate arrow traps or throwing stars.
- First to 5 KOs wins!
- Follow the dumplings to locate all of the Kung Fu Panda items.
- The Solidarity Emote benefiting Campaign Zero is still available. Thanks to all of you we’ve helped raise over $46,000 to help in their mission to end police brutality. To learn more about this non-profit organization, check out www.joincampaignzero.org.
- Looking for a certain chest? We’re rapidly rotating through chests, so check out the in-game timer to know when the next chest will rotate.
- Find the new Sales items!
In this update, the DropZoneDuel map and Gravity Cancel visual effect Test Features graduate into the live game! We also updated the Smoke Trails and out of Recovery visual effects Test Features based on community feedback.
Graduated Test Features
- DropZoneDuel has graduated as Spirit Realm!
- Gravity Cancel visual effect has graduated!
- We’ve also adjusted the dissipation of the Gravity Cancel.
Updated Test Features
Smoke Trail effects received a visual update as well as adjustments to the size and duration of the smoke clouds for better clarification during gameplay.
- The smoke clouds also dissipate and break up into smaller pieces sooner to avoid too wide of a coverage on the screen.
The sweat beads in the out of Recovery visual effect received a color and size adjustment to help better signal to the player that they’re out of recovery options.
Test Features are available to try out in the Experimental queue and in Custom Lobbies with Test Features enabled. Please let us know your experience with these Test Features on Twitter and Discord! Check out brawlhalla.com/test-features for more information.
The baseline reward values which Signatures are modeled from depending on their threat coverage, frame data, and utility have been restructured. As a result, many Signatures across the roster have received updates to their Force and Damage to follow the new valuation. For example, movement utility does not carry as much weight as it did previously, causing many Signatures that dealt low Damage or Force due to their mobility or unique behaviors to often see an increase in those rewards. Whereas other Signatures that dealt high Damage or Force due to their stationary or simple nature often see a decrease in those rewards. As always, the numbers listed in the notes below are the raw values prior to any Strength, Defense, or Charge time multipliers.
Artemis’ Neutral Scythe, Down Scythe, and Down Rocket Lance have all received minor increases to their damage, gaining some value that was previously attributed to their floating charges or projectile behavior.
- Artemis Neutral Scythe: Increased Damage from 23 to 26.
- Artemis Down Scythe: Increased Damage from 22 to 24.
- Artemis Down Rocket Lance: Increased Damage from 20 to 23.
Asuri’s Down Katars now has slightly higher Force and Damage due to the likelihood of ground bounces from its low trajectory. The Maximum Charge time of Asuri’s Down Sword has been adjusted to smooth certain FX.
- Asuri Down Katars: Increased Damage from 23 to 25; Increased Force from 55 Fixed/45 Variable to 55 Fixed/48 Variable.
- Asuri Down Sword: Decreased Maximum Charge time from 70 to 68 to improve animation playback of certain FX.
Brynn’s Side Axe and Down Spear now deal significantly less Damage, gaining less of a value bonus to rewards from their stationary nature and longer total duration.
- Brynn Side Axe: Decreased Damage from 29 to 26.
- Brynn Down Spear: Decreased Damage from 39 to 28; Damage is more concentrated at the end of the attack.
In similar fashion, Bödvar’s Down Sword now has less Force and threat coverage, gaining less of a value bonus to rewards from its stationary and simplistic nature.
- Bödvar Down Sword: Decreased Force from 60 Fixed/56 Variable to 60 Fixed/52 Variable; Decreased maximum rear and vertical threat coverage.
Caspian finds himself with greater Damage and Force on both Side Katars and Side Gauntlets, as less weight is carried by their respective movement and horizontal reversal behavior.
- Caspian Side Katars: Increased Damage from 21 to 26; Increased Force from 70 Fixed/50 Variable to 70 Fixed/54 Variable.
- Caspian Side Gauntlets: Increased Damage from 21 to 28; Increased Force from 70 Fixed/52 Variable to 70 Fixed/54 Variable.
Cassidy’s Down Hammer has traded some of its total Damage for a minor Force increase, given its diagonal knockback that often takes longer to score knockouts.
- Cassidy Down Hammer: Decreased Damage from 43 to 34; Increased Force from 40 Fixed/50 Variable to 48 Fixed/53 Variable.
Diana’s Side Bow now deals less Damage, while her Neutral Blasters have less Force, as their respective longer duration and stationary nature provide less of a reward bonus in the valuation.
- Diana Side Bow: Decreased Damage from 33 to 28.
- Diana Neutral Blasters: Decreased Force from 64 Fixed/56 Variable to 64 Fixed/54 Variable.
Dusk’s Down Spear, Neutral Orb, Side Orb, and Down Orb have all received increases to their Force to better match their exacting threat coverage, with Dusk’s Side Orb also now dealing slightly more Damage.
- Dusk Down Spear: Increased Force from 65 Fixed/48 Variable to 65 Fixed/52 Variable.
- Dusk Neutral Orb: Increased Force from 60 Fixed/50 Variable to 60 Fixed/54 Variable.
- Dusk Side Orb: Increased Damage from 22 to 24; Increased Force from 60 Fixed/50 Variable to 60 Fixed/53 Variable.
- Dusk Down Orb: Increased Force from 55 Fixed/44 Variable to 55 Fixed/48 Variable.
Fait’s Down Scythe now deals greater Damage and Force, as it’s teleport utility accounts for less weight in the new valuation.
- Fait Down Scythe: Increased Damage from 20 to 25; Increased Force from a range of 70~60 Fixed/43~40 Variable to a range of 70~60 Fixed/48~44 Variable.
Gnash’s Neutral Hammer and Side Hammer now have less Force, gaining less of a reward bonus from their simple and relatively stationary natures.
- Gnash Neutral Hammer: Decreased Force from 60 Fixed/60 Variable to 60 Fixed/55 Variable.
- Gnash Side Hammer: Decreased Force from 60 Fixed/60 Variable to 60 Fixed/56 Variable.
Isaiah’s Side Cannon, Neutral Blasters, and Side Blasters now have greater Force and Damage rewards to better match their exacting threat coverage.
- Isaiah Side Cannon: Increased Force from 50 Fixed/54 Variable to 62 Fixed/56 Variable.
- Isaiah Neutral Blasters: Increased Damage from 24 to 26.
- Isaiah Side Blasters: Increased Force from 60 Fixed/52 Variable to 60 Fixed/54 Variable.
Jaeyun’s Neutral Greatsword has received a decrease to its Force and increases to its Minimum Charge time and Recover time, to better match its large overall threat coverage.
- Jaeyun Neutral Greatsword: Decreased Force from 70 Fixed/54 Variable to 68 Fixed/52 Variable; Increased Minimum Charge time from 9 to 11; Increased Recover time from 22 to 25.
Jiro’s Side Scythe and Down Scythe now provide greater rewards in Damage and Force to better match their exacting threat coverage.
- Jiro Side Scythe: Increased Damage from 21 to 25.
- Jiro Down Scythe: Increased Damage from 23 to 26; Increased Force from 60 Fixed/45 Variable to 60 Fixed/50 Variable.
Kaya’s Side Spear has received an increase to its Damage, as less weight is carried by its horizontal reversal behavior.
- Kaya Side Spear: Increased Damage from 22 to 25.
Koji’s Down Bow now deals less Damage and Force to better match its overall threat coverage. Koji’s Neutral Sword, and Side Sword deal less Damage to better match their overall frame data.ad
- Koji Down Bow: Decreased Damage from 28 to 24; Decreased Force from 71 Fixed/54 Variable to 69 Fixed/51 Variable.
- Koji Neutral Sword: Decreased Damage from 32 to 27.
- Koji Side Sword: Decreased Damage from 30 to 26.
Mirage’s Side Spear now deals greater Damage, with less weight being carried in its overall movement and more consideration for its likelihood to bounce the opponent on a platform.
- Mirage Side Spear: Increased Damage from 21 to 26.
Queen Nai’s Side Spear and Down Katars now have greater Force, while her Side Katars deal more Damage. This increases her potential rewards to be closer in line with similar options on other Legends.
- Queen Nai Side Spear: Increased Force from 56 Fixed/53 Variable to 60 Fixed/55 Variable; Gravity now resumes slightly earlier when Gravity Canceled to improve animation playback of certain FX.
- Queen Nai Side Katars: Increased Damage from 24 to 26.
- Queen Nai Down Katars: Increased Force from 65 Fixed/50 Variable to 65 Fixed/52 Variable.
Onyx’s Down Cannon and Down Gauntlets have received an increase to their Damage to bring their rewards closer in line with similar options on other Legends.
- Onyx Down Cannon: Increased Damage from 21 to 25.
- Onyx Down Gauntlets: Increased Damage from 20 to 23.
Ragnir’s Side Katars now deal slightly more Damage and Force, as its movement carries slightly less weight in the valuation. Ragnir’s Side Axe, however, now has less Force to better match its overall threat coverage.
- Ragnir Side Katars: Increased Damage from 20 to 23; Increased Force from 58 Fixed/49 Variable to 60 Fixed/51 Variable.
- Ragnir Side Axe: Decreased Force of the ground version from 80 Fixed/64 Variable to 75 Fixed/55 Variable; Decreased Force of the aerial version from a range of 80~60 Fixed/56~50 Variable to a range of 75~60 Fixed/52~50 Variable.
Sir Roland’s Down Sword now deals slightly more Damage to be closer in line with similar options on other Legends.
- Sir Roland Down Sword: Increased Damage from 21 to 24.
Scarlet’s Down Hammer has received a decrease in Force to better match its overall threat coverage.
- Scarlet Down Hammer: Decreased Force from 55 Fixed/70 Variable to 55 Fixed/62 Variable.
Sentinel’s Neutral Katars and Side Katars have both received increases to their Damage to be closer in line with similar options on other Legends.
- Sentinel Neutral Katars: Increased Damage from 20 to 25.
- Sentinel Side Katars: Increased Damage from 20 to 24.
The Gravity Cancel duration of Ulgrim’s Side Rocket Lance has been adjusted slightly to improve certain FX. Ulgrim’s Down Rocket Lance now deals less Damage, gaining less of a valuation from its stationary nature and slightly more from its timing mixup on Charge duration.
- Ulgrim Side Rocket Lance: Gravity now resumes slightly earlier when Gravity Canceled to improve animation playback of certain FX.
- Ulgrim Down Rocket Lance: Decreased base Damage from 34 to 28.
Val’s Down Sword now deals less Damage, gaining less of a valuation from its stationary nature.
- Val Down Sword: Decreased Damage from 35 to 28.
Volkov’s Side Axe now deals more Damage for both its Charged and Uncharged versions, as its movement carries less weight in the valuation.
- Volkov Side Axe: Increased Damage for the uncharged version from 19 to 23; Increased Damage for the charged version from 24 to 26.
Lord Vraxx’s Neutral Blasters now deals slightly less Damage, gaining less of a valuation from its stationary nature.
- Lord Vraxx Neutral Blasters: Decreased Damage from 30 to 27.
Xull’s Neutral Cannon and Down Cannon now deal slightly more Damage, while Xull’s Neutral Axe has greater Force, since their unique behaviors carry less weight in the new valuation.
- Xull Neutral Cannon: Increased Damage for the anti-air version from 24 to 29.
- Xull Down Cannon: Increased Damage from 25 to 28.
- Xull Neutral Axe: Increased Force from a range of 95 Fixed/43~40 Variable to a range of 95 Fixed/46~43 Variable
- The Jötunn Winter Brawlball map art was updated to help with clarity, mainly around the team walls.
- Adjusted shoulder positioning on the Sword idle animation & torso positioning on Sword Side Light in order to avoid limbs from disconnecting on certain Skins.
- Adjusted multiple Emote animations to better work with certain Skins (Next Level, Come At Me, Guitar Solo, Keytar Solo, Roof Dance, Maniacal Laugh, Primal Roar, Photo Op, Avatar Flag, Normal Clap, Golf Clap, Salute).
- Extended the Katar’s Ground Pound animated loop frames.
- Fixed an issue where the Jötunn Winter Brawlball map art would not load on Xbox One.
- Fixed Gravity Cancel effect flicker on a multitude of Weapons and Legends.
- Fixed an animation issue where arms would disconnect on Asuri’s Neutral Katars on-hit animation and Side Katars animation.
- Fixed a visual bug with the “Chompers” Katar Weapon Skin, where it would flicker in & out at certain angles.
- Fixed a visual bug in Retro Reaper Nix’s Side Signature.
- Fixed a shoulder layering issue with Sentinel’s Down Katars Signature animation.
- Fixed the Spanish translation for the main menu header to now say “Pase de batalla de invierno de Jötunn.”
- Fixed the Portuguese localization for Fenrir’s Downfall Avatar to “a Queda de Fenrir.”
The free-to-play Legend rotation for this week includes: Barraza, Mirage, Scarlet, Mako, Jiro, Isaiah, Dusk, Rayman, and Ember.
- Barraza – A feared man in the wastelands with his Blasters and Axe, Barraza is the ultimate survivor and will do what it takes to be at the top in Valhalla.
- Mirage – An occultist, martial artist, and spy, this agent uses the powers of magic and time-travel along with her Scythe and Spear to take down her foes.
- Scarlet – A former female boxing champion of England and head of the Royal Airship Navy, this Legend uses her ingenuity and steam power to build her own Rocket Lance and Hammer to take into battle.
- Mako – The ultimate apex predator from The Sea, Mako, with her Greatsword and Katars, aims to make fish meat out of her opponents in the Grand Tournament.
- Jiro – Trained as a child by a powerful and secret shinobi family, Jiro comes into the arena with not only Scythe and Sword but shadow clones as well!
- Isaiah – Major Isaiah Marshall, OEL’s special forces commander is at your service. He utilizes Cannon and Blasters with the help of his drone, equipped with a cloaking device and rockets at its disposal!
- Dusk – Wielding his Spear and a powerful Orb, carved from stone and magic, Dusk seeks to spread chaos throughout Valhalla.
- Rayman -The Champion of the Glade of Dreams, wielding his Gauntlets and Axe, has found his way into Valhalla on a mission to save his home.
- Ember – This quick and dexterous elf does battle in Valhalla with Bow, Katars and her two companions: a wolf named Ash and her raven named Yarra.
DreamWorks Kung Fu Panda © 2021 DreamWorks Animation LLC. All Rights Reserved.