This update brings the newest cosmetic items to Mallhalla, Map adjustments, and more! Check out the new Skin for Sir Roland, a new Sidekick, Emotes, and Country Flag Avatars.
We also made a few Map adjustments to Demon Island, Small Brawlhaven, and Small Turtles’ Lair. The Out of Recovery visual effects graduated from Test Features and is now in all queues!
In addition, we’re featuring KO Mania as the Brawl of the Week, made a few bug fixes, updated the Legend rotation, and much more. For those in the pursuit for Glory, the new Ranked Season 21 will start on July 14th.
To catch the latest Brawlhalla news and content, be sure to follow us on Twitter, Twitch, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Discord!
- “The honorable knight is no more.”
- Sir Roland has traded his honor for power and shows no mercy with his Bitter End Rocket Lance and Night Terrors Sword.
Avatar Cape Emote
- “Not pictured: wind machine. Bonus: Displays your current Avatar on Cape!”
- Don your flag with pride, this popular Emote is now available in Mallhalla!
Peace Signs Emote
- “Time to get groovy.”
- Ready for some peace, love, and happiness on the battlefield.
- “Surprisingly light and fluffy.”
- An ancient, venerable spirit ready to aid you in battle!
New Country Flags
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Costa Rica
- Puerto Rico
We’ve made a few adjustments to Demon Island, Small Brawlhaven, and Small Turtles’ Lair. Small Brawlhaven has also been added back into the Ranked queue. In addition, Crystal Temple Maps have updated level music.
- Based on community feedback, we’ve adjusted the colors on the trees in Demon Island to prevent darker Color Schemes from blending into the environment.
- Adjusted Small Brawlhaven’s item spawns to be closer to the ground.
- The two outermost item spawn zones have been removed.
Small Turtles’ Lair:
- We’ve updated the Map blast zones by increasing the left and right KO distance by 26%.
- Adjusted Small Turtles’ Lair item spawns to be above the camera bounds to mimic the sensation of people dropping items into the sewers from above.
- We’ve also updated the level music for all Crystal Temple Maps!
Square off against your opponent in this hard hitting KO fest! Chew through your foe’s 5 Stocks with damage cranked up to an insane 300%! Send your challenger into orbit before they know what hit them. First to 5 KOs wins!
- 5 Stocks
- 300% Damage
The Brawlhalla Pro Series starts this weekend! Cheer for your favorite North America regional team as they compete for a total prize pool of $50,000.
Catch the action live on twitch.tv/brawlhalla!
- Saturday, July 10th, 2021
- Sunday, July 11th, 2021
- For times in your local time zone, see brawlhalla.com/schedule.
By tuning in to the Brawlhalla Twitch stream, players can earn exclusive Esports Viewership Rewards. Viewership Rewards for the Pro Series include:
- Solar Flares Blasters
- Searing Sphere Orb
- Apollo’s Fury Katars
- Solar Flares Blasters
- Flaming Oath Axe
- Esports Colors
- Esports Colors v.2
- Onisan Sidekick
- Avatar Cape Emote
For more information on our 2021 Pro Series, visit brawlhalla.com/esports.
Check out all the brand new items:
- Fiendish Knight Roland
- Avatar Cape Emote
- Peace Signs Emote
- Twilly Sidekick
- New Country Flag Avatars
The Solidarity Emote benefiting Campaign Zero is still available.
- To find out more information about this non-profit organization, check out www.joincampaignzero.org.
Looking for a certain chest?
- We’re rapidly rotating through chests, so check out the in-game timer to know when the next chest will rotate.
Find the new Sales items!
In this update, the Out of Recovery visual effect from Test Features graduates into all queues!! The Out of Recovery visual effect features sweat beads appearing on a Legend when players are out of recovery options, like Jump, Recovery, and Dodge.
- Updated the Map listing to be wider for all non-mobile builds.
- Players will no longer receive a message telling them it’s safe to quit a game when they queued up into a team game with a remote player, unless it’s a Crew Battle. Players will also no longer receive this message in Custom games.
- Added a new option to the “Player Names” setting in System Settings called “HUD + Your team”. It behaves the same as the “HUD + Only you” setting except that it will also show the arrow and abbreviated name above players that are teammates with a local player.
- Performance improvements for Thor and Undertaker.
- Updated Korean translation for “Thrown Weapon KO” per player feedback.
- Fixed a bug where cycling to an Epic Skin in the Meet the Legends page would cause other non-Crossovers to incorrectly use the Epic Skin’s select animation.
- Fixed a bug that was causing Garnet’s charge up effects not to play on her Side Gauntlets’ Signature.
- Fixed an issue where the out of recovery effect could appear in Test Features if the player did a Jump or a Recovery after missing an attack, even though they still had a Dodge option. Credit: Cyan
- Fixed a visual bug in the “<3” Avatar Store description where the “<3” wasn’t displaying properly.
The free-to-play Legend rotation for this week includes: Jhala, Cross, Lucien, Yumiko, Onyx, Jiro, Orion, Mako, and Thor.
- Jhala – Given the title “Exalted Lion” by Apollo himself, Jhala “The Unbroken” takes the glamor of Valhalla in stride while having fun slaying her foes with Axe and Sword.
- Cross – For years he has owned New York City, but can he do the same in Valhalla? This charismatic mobster steps into Valhalla with Blasters and Gauntlets.
- Lucien – This mysterious highwayman is always scheming for gold, and now has come to Valhalla to take part in the tournament wielding Katars and Blasters!
- Yumiko – Holding the appearance of a blind seamstress, this centuries old fox spirit has been brought into battle wielding her Magical Hammer and Bow!
- Onyx – The powerful Guardian and Protector of Castle Batavia, Onyx has been offered a place in Valhalla and now defends it ruthlessly with her Cannon and Gauntlets.
- Jiro – Trained as a child by a powerful and secret shinobi family, Jiro comes into the arena with not only Scythe and Sword but shadow clones as well!
- Orion – A revered warrior and champion, the mysterious armored knight uses Rocket Lance and Spear to battle his foes in the halls of Valhalla!
- Mako – The ultimate apex predator from The Sea, Mako, with her Greatsword and Katars, aims to make fish meat out of her opponents in the Grand Tournament.
- Thor – Finally entering the ring, Thor, God of Thunder, makes his appearance in the Grand Tournament with his trusty Hammer, Mjölnir, and his powerful Orb.