A new Legend has arrived in Valhalla! Magyar, the last remaining member of the Batavian Strazci army, has come to battle with their Greatsword and Hammer! Magyar’s release also comes with three new Skins purchasable in Mallhalla.
We’ve graduated a few of the visual effect Test Features into the live game, so now players will experience the Dodge, last Jump cloud, and Wall Touch cloud effects in Brawlhalla! We also made updates to the Gravity Cancel and Out of Recovery visual effect Test Features. These Test Features are available to try out in the Experimental queue and in Custom Lobbies with Test Features enabled.
For those in the pursuit for Glory, the new Ranked Season 19 will start next week, January 20th. In addition, we have made a balance pass, updated the Brawl of the Week to feature Bubble Tag, made a few game improvements, and more.
To catch the latest Brawlhalla news and content, be sure to follow us on Twitter, Twitch, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Discord!
- Magyar – “The Spectral Guardian”
- Weapons: Greatsword, Hammer
- Stats: 5 Strength, 4 Dexterity, 9 Defense, 4 Speed
- “To the horror of their foes, the power of the necromancy was such that whenever a Strazci fell, its spirit escaped to join and strengthen a knight that remained. Thus the might of the Strazci went undiminished.”
Magyar enters with 3 new Skins:
- Golden Gladiator Magyar – “Which soul gets the honor and glory?”
- Phantom of the Armor Magyar – “Masquerade! From his blade, stay out the way.”
- Pharaoh King Magyar – “The mummy returns.”
Battle like the Crystal Gems! Strike your opponents to capture them in Gem Bubbles. Bubbled players can’t attack and have limited movement, but you can save the day by tagging your teammates to free them. Capture the entire enemy team to score a point. The first team to 5 points wins!
- Bubble Tag Game Mode
- 3v3 Teams
- Capture your opponents in Gem Bubbles by striking them!
- Free your teammates by attacking or running into them.
- Bubbled players can even dash to their teammates or away from opponents!
- First team to 5 points wins!
Play the new Legend, Magyar!
- Releases with 3 new Skins: Golden Gladiator Magyar, Phantom of the Armor Magyar, and Pharaoh King Magyar.
The Solidarity Emote benefiting Campaign Zero is still available.
- To find out more information about this non-profit organization, check out www.joincampaignzero.org.
Looking for a certain chest?
- We’re rapidly rotating through chests, so check out the in-game timer to know when the next chest will rotate.
Find the new Sales items!
In this update, the Dodge, last Jump cloud, and Wall Touch cloud effects have been graduated to the live game! We also made updates to the Gravity Cancel visual effect and the sweat beads seen when a player loses all recovering options. Test Features are available to try out in the Experimental queue and in Custom Lobbies with Test Features enabled.
We’ve graduated the Dodge, last Jump cloud, and Wall Touch cloud effects!
- Players will see these new visual effects in the live game regardless of enabling the Test Features setting.
We’ve updated the Gravity Cancel visual effect and the sweat beads seen when a player is completely out of recovering options based on feedback from the community.
- Adjustments have been made to the size of the Gravity Cancel in order to be less obtrusive during matches.
- The sweat beads visual effect seen when a player loses all recovering options has received a new animation and color to provide a more subtle solution.
Please let us know your experience with these Test Features on Twitter and Discord! Check out brawlhalla.com/test-features for more information.
We have made a number of adjustments heavily focused on bringing the Greatsword’s potential rate of attack and rewards on hit in line with other weapon kits. This includes adjustments to both its aerial kit, its grounded attack chains, and several Signatures on Legends that use the Greatsword. We have also improved the Scythe’s ability to convert from its grounded Active Input string starters to bring its average reward closer in line with most other weapon kits.
The Greatsword has received a wide array of changes to its grounded chain attacks to both increase its risk and decrease its average reward on hit. Many of the Neutral Opener and Neutral Bridge attacks now have less overall threat coverage, improving the reliability of dodge escapes and counterattacks against these options. The Side Light Opener now has greater Time to Hit, slightly reducing its ability to threaten during the neutral game while also allowing jumps to reliably escape chain resets that involve a Side Light Opener connection.
The Greatsword Side Air, Neutral Air, Down Air, and Recovery have also received reductions in threat coverage. The Neutral Air has also received a decrease in Force to bring its knockout potential in line with other similar attacks. The Greatsword Down Air now has greater Recover time on miss and less Stun, removing its positional true combo into Neutral Air, and decreasing its reward while increasing its risk off-stage. The Recovery attack now has less travel speed and drift, and significantly less Force, to bring this attack in line with its overall utility and size.
The Greatsword Opener Stances have all received significant delays to their cancel windows on miss, and minor delays to their attack cancel windows on hit to increase their risk and open more escape routes during attack chains. The Bridge Stances have also received moderate delays to their cancel windows on miss to further increase avenues of counterattack or evasion against continued chains.
- Greatsword Neutral Light Opener: Slightly decreased maximum horizontal and vertical threat coverage; Final portion of the Hit Window no longer hits grounded opponents.
- Greatsword Side Light Opener: Decreased rear threat coverage during the end of the Hit Window; Increased Time to Hit from 8 to 10.
- Greatsword Neutral Bridge (from Side Opener): Slightly decreased maximum horizontal threat coverage.
- Greatsword Neutral Bridge (from Down Opener): Slightly decreased maximum horizontal threat coverage.
- Greatsword Neutral Bridge (from Down Air Opener): Greatly decreased maximum horizontal and vertical threat coverage; Final portion of Hit Window no longer hits grounded opponents.
- Greatsword Side Air: Slightly decreased maximum vertical and horizontal threat coverage for the aerial version.
- Greatsword Neutral Air: Slightly decreased maximum vertical and horizontal threat coverage; Threat coverage decreases further during the end of the Hit Window; Decreased Force from 50 Fixed/45 Variable to 50 Fixed/42 Variable.
- Greatsword Down Air: Decreased Stun of the aerial version from 20 to 18; Decreased threat coverage at the top of the attack; Increased total Recover time of the aerial version on miss from 8 Fixed/10 Variable to 10 Fixed/10 Variable.
- Greatsword Recovery: Decreased maximum vertical and horizontal threat coverage for both the aerial and wall versions; Unified and decreased Force from 88 Fixed/45~49 Variable to 75 Fixed/40 Variable; Slightly decreased vertical travel speed; Decreased drift and acceleration allowed during the power, especially on miss.
- Delayed the attack cancel window of Opener Stances on miss by 5 frames.
- Delayed the attack cancel window of Opener Stances on hit by 2 frames.
- Delayed the jump/dash/dodge cancel window of Opener Stances on miss by 6 frames.
- Delayed the jump/dash/dodge cancel window of Bridge Stances on miss by 3 frames.
- Delayed the attack cancel window of Bridge Stances on miss by 3 frames.
- Delayed the walk cancel window of Side Opener/Bridge & Down Opener/Bridge Stances by 4 frames.
The soft versions of Scythe Side Light and Down Light have both received increased Stun, allowing for more reliable conversions from these unique string starters. This increases the Scythe’s average rate of damage to be similar to other string weapons and greatly improves its positional rewards.
- Scythe Side Light: Increased Stun of the soft version from 14 to 16.
- Scythe Down Light: Increased Stun of the soft version from 26 to 28.
Jaeyun’s Side Sword now has greater Recover time on miss and less Force to bring its risk and reward closer in line with other similar Signatures. This Signature has also received an increase in Minimum Charge time and a decrease to its overall threat coverage, opening clearer avenues for counterattack and more reliable dodge escapes when it is used in a string.
- Jaeyun Side Sword: Increased total Recover time on miss from 23 to 26; Increased Minimum Charge time from 8 to 10; Decreased Force from 65 Fixed/48 Variable to 65 Fixed/46 Variable; Slightly decreased maximum vertical and horizontal threat coverage.
We have decreased the Force on Mako’s Side Greatsword and Down Greatsword Signatures given their horizontal angle of knockback. Mako’s Down Katars have also received a significant increase in Recover time for greater risk on this steerable Signature.
- Mako Side Greatsword: Decreased Force from 65 Fixed/50 Variable to 65 Fixed/47 Variable.
- Mako Down Greatsword: Decreased Force from 65 Fixed/48 Variable to 65 Fixed/45 Variable.
- Mako Down Katars: Increased total Recover time from 10 to 15.
- While there is no current Battle Pass, your progress on Upgrade Missions from past Battle Passes that are still active will now show up below your current Daily Missions on the post-match rewards screen, like the Upgrade Mission for Future Wave Val. A pop up will now display when unlocking those rewards.
- Updated Power Rankings for the end of the 2020 esports season.
- Improved performance on the Techno Pup and Butterscotch Sidekicks.
- Fixed a bug where choosing a Crossover you don’t own that is on rotation and then going to the base Legend after that (e.g., picking Jake, backing out of the lock in, and then picking Kor) would erroneously allow you to use the Crossover’s Weapon Skins on the base Legend.
- Fixed a rare bug where the player would be sideways when being launched vertically straight up.
- Fixed an animation issue with the 5th Cake-aversary Emote where the limbs would disconnect for some Skins. (Credit: Lucians_sword)
The free-to-play Legend rotation for this week includes: Wu Shang, Lucien, Koji, Brynn, Volkov, Sir Roland, Fait, Onyx, and Ember.
- Wu Shang – Using the way of peace, discipline and martial arts, he takes down his foes with Spear and Gauntlets!
- Lucien – This mysterious highwayman is always scheming for gold, and now has come to Valhalla to take part in the tournament wielding Katars and Blasters!
- Koji – Armed with his ancestral katana, Koji slices his way through the battlefield with Sword and Bow!
- Brynn – Competing for the pure joy of it, this Valkyrie has seen many victories due to her skill with the Axe and Spear.
- Volkov – The Vampire King of Batavia has unexpectedly found Valhalla and has brought his Scythe and Axe to battle.
- Sir Roland – No one in Valhalla feels a greater thirst for victory in the tournament than Sir Roland, as he strikes down his opponents with Rocket Lance and Sword.
- Fait – Speaking to the stars and using glimpses of the future, Fait battles for good with her Scythe and Orb!
- Onyx – The powerful Guardian and Protector of Castle Batavia, Onyx has been offered a place in Valhalla and now defends it ruthlessly with her Cannon and Gauntlets.
- Ember – This quick and dexterous elf does battle in Valhalla with Bow, Katars and her two companions: a wolf named Ash and her raven named Yarra.