The newest Legend is ready to rock out in the Grand Tournament! Munin, the Raven, storms the arena with her Six String Scythe and Lethal Lute Bow. Munin’s release also comes with three new Skins, including Hugin, her sister and bandmate, all purchasable in Mallhalla.
We’ve also added two new features in this update – Emojis and an Invite to Lobby system. Players can use Emojis to help communicate between one another on all platforms after or between matches, on the Scoreboard screen, and Lobby, while for the Invite to Lobby system, players can invite their opponents from their matchmade game to a separate lobby!
For those looking forward to a little fright, our Brawlhalloween event will start October 27th. And for those who want to prepare for the biggest gala, the Brawlhalla Anniversary event will begin November 10th.
Additionally, we made some game improvements, bug fixes,updated the Legend Rotation, and much more. Tune in this weekend for the final showdown as our Australia, South America, and North America regions battle it out in the Autumn Championship 2021!
To catch the latest Brawlhalla news and content, be sure to follow us on Twitter, Twitch, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Discord!
- Munin – “The Raven”
- Weapons: Scythe, Bow
- Stats: 5 Strength, 6 Dexterity, 4 Defense, 7 Speed
- “She had merged her music into her fighting style to create a fearsome, versatile martial art.”
Munin enters with 3 new Skins:
- Magpie Munin – “Anyone seen Thor’s favorite pinky ring?”
- Hugin – “Munin brings the rock and Hugin brings the roll.”
- Hugin has custom lock-in animations and announcer VO!
- DJ Hugin – “The master duck jockey throws the best raves in town.”
In this update we’ve introduced a new Emojis system so players can communicate on all platforms! Players can use Emojis to communicate after or between matches on the Scoreboard screen and in the Lobby. There are 15 Emojis featuring different Legends with unique expressions and emotions.
- Players now can express themselves on all platforms!
- The default bindings to use an Emoji are: “]”on keyboard and “RB” on controller. There is a small cooldown timer after consistently using an Emoji.
- Saying “GG” after a match will automatically activate the “GG” Emoji for an easy shortcut.
- If a player is muted, their Emojis are hidden from the player that muted them.
- Since post-game chat was a feature only available on the Steam client and did not exist between platforms, it has been replaced by the Emoji system. It is still available in character select, mid-match for spectators, custom lobbies, matchmaking lobbies, and the main menu for clans on PC and Mac.
- There are now options for PC and Mac players to customize their chat visibility between all, friends+clanmates, or no chat.
Looking for your next Ranked 2v2 partner or want to spar against the last opponent you played? Players can now invite other players they just brawled with or against from matchmade games to a lobby!
- This can be done from the Scoreboard screen either from the Inspect menu or the Lobby menu in the top-right hub.
- Players select what type of lobby to invite other brawlers to, but the type of lobby will not change until the invited player joins.
- A notification will appear if the invited player accepts the invitation. Players can accept the invitation from their notifications in the Lobby menu or Main Menu.
- Players can also invite their opponent even if they are not on their friends list.
We are continuing to add additional security measures to online play. During the month of October we will be testing Easy Anti-Cheat integration. Once enabled, ranked queues and tournament lobbies will use this system.
On Windows, this requires a 64-bit operating system. Nearly all PC players are already running compatible versions of Windows. Very old versions of Windows (such as Vista and XP) may not support EAC. If you are one of the few whose computer does not meet the requirements, or you disable EAC, all other game modes are still available.
Walk the line between myths and truth like Lara Croft! Pick a teammate and survive the treacherous climb through this 3 minute, 2v2 match. Beware! The temple is filled with traps, so make your own luck by activating the pressure plates to turn them on the opposing team. The team with the highest score wins!
- Climb Game Mode
- 2v2 Teams
- Climb the map as you battle your opponents!
- Beware: pressure plates activate traps.
- Score the most points for your team to win!
Year Six of Brawlhalla Esports continues on with the Autumn Championship 2021. In this final weekend, the Australia and South America regions compete in Singles on Friday, then the North America region competes in Doubles and Singles over the weekend.
Tune in to watch the action live on twitch.tv/brawlhalla!
- Friday, October 15, 2021 – Australia & Southeast Asia Singles
- Saturday, October 16, 2021 – North America Doubles
- Sunday, October 17, 2021 – North America Singles
- For times in your local time zone, see brawlhalla.com/schedule.
By tuning in to the Brawlhalla Twitch stream, players can earn exclusive Esports Viewership Rewards. Viewership Rewards for the Autumn Championship Week 3 include:
- Esports Colors
- Esports Colors v.2
- Maple Breeze Katars
To learn more about Brawlhalla Esports Year Six, visit brawlhalla.com/esports.
Become a true warrior Legend with the Shogun Bundle free with Prime Gaming! Unlock four premium rewards:
- Koji Legend Unlock
- Shogun Koji Skin
- Dumbbell Curls Emote
- Destiny’s Way Bow Skin
This limited-time promotion is available to all Amazon Prime members. You can claim your loot here!
- Updated the icon of the language setting.
- Updated the Steam status to more accurately display its steps when launching the game.
- Players who are not involved in Sudden Death during a matchmaking game will now receive a notification for when it is safe for them to quit without penalty. Exceptions: You can’t leave early if a local guest is still playing, and you will not receive a notification if you are grouped up with a remote client.
- Power Rankings have been updated for Summer 2021.
- Lowered the height of the Table and Table Pieces in the Brawldown game mode to be more level with the ground.
- Fixed an issue where the controller settings screen would show unbindable directions that would go out of the window.
- Fixed a bug that could cause Elo not to be adjusted following a match. Thank you Vili for reporting this!
- Fixed Hattori’s misaligned forearm in her character select animation.
The free-to-play Legend rotation for this week includes: Bödvar, Isaiah, Mordex, Artemis, Jaeyun, Scarlet, Queen Nai, Petra, and Azoth.
- Bödvar – He is the Protector of the North and dreams of endless battle. Bödvar has broken down the doors to Valhalla himself and is ready to take down his foes with Sword and Hammer!
- Isaiah – Major Isaiah Marshall, OEL’s special forces commander is at your service. He utilizes Cannon and Blasters with the help of his drone, equipped with a cloaking device and rockets at its disposal!
- Mordex – Wielding Gauntlets and Scythe, this lycanthrope steps into battle!
- Artemis – Transversing the universe in search of her rival Orion, Artemis has ripped open a wormhole into Valhalla, armed with a Rocket Lance and Scythe; she is ready to fight!
- Jaeyun – The legendary mercenary who has traveled across the Old Kingdom on the back of his dragon turtle companion Imugi, Jaeyun has discovered new riches and sights in Valhalla! He brings the Greatsword and Sword to battle in the Grand Tournament.
- Scarlet – A former female boxing champion of England and head of the Royal Airship Navy, this Legend uses her ingenuity and steam power to build her own Rocket Lance and Hammer to take into battle.
- Queen Nai – With each victory nourishing the gods of her people, Queen Nai has come wielding Katars, Spear, and her powerful sorcery.
- Petra – Having been set free from Terminus, Petra sets her eyes on Valhalla with her Orb, Gauntlets, and Darkheart powers.
- Azoth – Devoted acolytes bring this brilliant and ruthless lich lord to life as he comes into Valhalla to do battle with Bow and Axe.