The powerful Guardian and Protector of Castle Batavia, Onyx has been offered a place in Valhalla and now defends it ruthlessly with her Cannon and Gauntlets. Onyx is a new Legend and has joined the roster permanently!
We’ve also graduated the Cannon Update from Test Features! Brawlhaven has received an update to its map and platform art as well.
We’ll also be celebrating the Luck o’ the Brawl Event with a new Skin, bonus login Gold, and more on March 17th! For those in the pursuit for Glory, the new Ranked Season 16 will start on April 2nd.
In addition, we’ve made a balance pass, game improvements, and much more.
To catch the latest Brawlhalla news and content, be sure to follow us on Twitter, Twitch, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Discord!
- Onyx – “The Gargoyle”
- Weapons: Cannon, Gauntlets
- Stats: 5 Strength, 4 Dexterity, 8 Defense, 5 Speed
- Valhalla is now Onyx’s castle and she defends it with ruthless intensity.”
Onyx enters with 3 new Skins:
- Soulbound Onyx – “The bat-wolf ghosts don’t have anything on the phantom-demon gargoyle.”
- Guardian Onyx – “Standing tall over that which she protects.”
- Project-0NYX – “</Booting Protocol…Running Beatdown.exe…/>
The Experimental Cannon kit has been graduated into the live game! The new Neutral Light, Side Light, and Down Air are now part of the base Cannon kit, providing their extra priority and explosive blasts to all Cannon Legends. See the Balance section for the final list of adjustments made to these new attacks.
The new moves are as follows from left to right: Down Air, Side Light, Neutral Light.
We’ve updated the background map and platform art of Brawlhaven! Themed after the mythical location of Dragonport, the art features a landscape of floating rocks and a viking ship flying in the blue skies.
Walk the line between myths and truth like Lara Croft! Survive the treacherous climb through this 3 minute, 4 player free-for-all match. Beware! The temple is filled with traps, so make your own luck by activating the pressure plates to turn them on your opponents. The player with the highest score wins!
- New Climb Game Mode
- 4-Player FFA
- Climb the map as you battle your opponents!
- Beware: pressure plates activate traps.
- Score the most points to win!
- Find the New Legend, Onyx, and her three Skins!
- We’re rapidly rotating through chests. See the in-game timer to know when the next chest will rotate.
- Check out the new Sales items!
This new round of balance adjustments rein in the power of overperforming heavy weapons while improving several weapons that tend to struggle in those matchups. The Experimental Cannon kit has also been graduated into the live game with several final changes to properly adjust for its increased priority and range. A number of Legends have also received changes aimed at removing Signature combos from light attacks, bringing their knockout power closer in line with their Legend’s Strength stat, or adjusting their Recover time to better match their potential reward.
The Axe Side Light has received greater Time to Hit and Recover on miss to better match its high potential string reward and overall range, while the Neutral Air has received a reduction in Stun to grant wider dodge windows during such strings. Some power has been shifted from the Down Air into the Side Air so it may better serve as a main knockout tool, given that the Down Air contains great string potential on stage.
- Axe Side Light: Increased Time to Hit from 12 to 13; Increased Recover time on miss from 5 Fixed/12 Variable to 5 Fixed/14 Variable.
- Axe Neutral Air: Decreased Stun from 27 to 25.
- Axe Side Air: Increased Force from 71 Fixed/42 Variable to 75 Fixed/43 Variable.
- Axe Down Air: Decreased Force of the aerial version from 45 Fixed/30 Variable to 40 Fixed/27 Variable.
The Blasters have shifted some power from its Neutral Air into its Down Air, allowing a greater breadth of follow-ups from rising Down Airs at low health ranges due to its altered Force and knockback angle.
- Blasters Down Air: Changed Force from 40 Fixed/38 Variable to 65 Fixed/26 Variable; Angle of knockback is now slightly more vertical.
- Blasters Neutral Air: Decreased Damage from 16 to 15.
The Experimental Cannon kit has been graduated into the live game! This includes explosive blasts on the Neutral Light and Down Air, while the Side Light is now a broader swing with the full length of the Cannon. This grants much greater priority across the Cannon’s ground kit, so we have adjusted the Recover time and Force of these attacks to compensate, widening dodge windows during strings at later health ranges.
- Graduated Cannon Neutral Light: Increased Recover time on miss from 2 Fixed/9 Variable to 3 Fixed/9 Variable.
- Graduated Cannon Side Light: Increased Force from 9 Fixed/7 Variable to 9 Fixed/17 Variable; Slightly reduced maximum horizontal threat coverage.
- Graduated Cannon Down Air: Increased Force of the aerial version from 14 Fixed/40 Variable to 20 Fixed/44 Variable; Increased Force of the grounded version from 14 Fixed/30 Variable to 20 Fixed/44 Variable; Slightly reduced maximum vertical threat coverage of the aerial version.
The Gauntlets have greater reward on two of its pivotal attacks: the Side Light and Recovery. The Side Light has more of its Damage focused towards the end of the power for greater average Damage build at most ranges. The Recovery now has increased Force for greater knockout potential at later health ranges, while also receiving increased Stun for improved follow-ups at early health ranges.
- Gauntlets Side Light: The Damage of this attack is now more focused toward the end of its Hit Window.
- Gauntlets Recovery: Increased Stun from 22 to 26; Increased Force from a range of 45 Fixed/48~35 Variable to a range of 50 Fixed/50~40 Variable.
The Hammer’s overall rate of Damage build has been reined in with decreases to the Neutral Light and Neutral Air. These values still provide an advantage over the faster weapons when trading blows, but better matches with the expected Damage potential from the strings of those faster weapons.
- Hammer Neutral Light: Decreased Damage from 20 to 17.
- Hammer Neutral Air: Decreased Damage from 22 to 20.
The Rocket Lance’s Neutral Air has received decreased Stun to widen dodge windows during consecutive juggles with this attack. The Down Light has received decreased Damage and Stun to provide greater dodge windows and more appropriate Damage build during strings involving this attack. The Side Air has shifted some of its power into the Side Light, trading Recover time on the Side Air for slightly greater Damage on the Rocket Lance’s main starter.
- Rocket Lance Side Light: Increased Damage from 10 to 11.
- Rocket Lance Down Light: Decreased Damage from 20 to 17; Decreased Stun from 21 to 20.
- Rocket Lance Neutral Air: Decreased Stun from a range of 33~28 to a range of 31~26.
- Rocket Lance Side Air: Increased Recover time on miss from 1 Fixed/13 Variable to 3 Fixed/13 Variable.
The Scythe Neutral Light now has slightly greater Stun to provide better follow-ups when the opponent’s dodge is on cooldown.
- Scythe Neutral Light: Increased Stun from a range of 20~16 to a range of 21~17.
We have shifted some power from the Spear Neutral Air into the Spear Recovery. The Neutral Air now has slightly greater Time to Hit and Recover time given its wide coverage and string potential, while the Spear Recovery has a faster Time to Hit for more reliable use when searching for a knockout.
- Spear Neutral Air: Increased Time to Hit from 14 to 15; Increased Recover time from 6 Fixed/17 Variable to 7 Fixed/17 Variable; Decreased Damage from 16 to 15.
- Spear Recovery: Decreased Time to Hit from 16 to 15.
The Unarmed Neutral Light now has greater Fixed Force to better fit its role as a quick way to create space and find a weapon. The Side Air has received greater Recover time on miss to better match its potential knockout reward. The Down Air’s Force has been altered to now leave the user closer to its target at all health ranges, reducing its solo knockout potential while slightly increasing its opportunities for aerial follow-ups.
- Unarmed Neutral Light: Increased Force from 45 Fixed/31 Variable to 52 Fixed/31 Variable.
- Unarmed Side Air: Increased Recover time on miss from 2 Fixed/14 Variable to 5 Fixed/14 Variable.
- Unarmed Down Air: Changed Force from 39 Fixed/25 Variable to 65 Fixed/5 Variable.
Cassidy’s Neutral Blasters now has greater Minimum Charge time to remove its combo from the Blasters Down Light, and has received a reduction in Force to better match its overall speed and coverage. Cassidy’s Side Hammer has received greater Recover time that is more appropriate for its quick Time to Hit and range.
- Cassidy Neutral Blasters: Decreased Force from 65 Fixed/57 Variable to 65 Fixed/53 Variable; Increased Minimum Charge time from 6 to 8.
- Cassidy Side Hammer: Increased Recover time from 10 to 13.
Dusk’s Side Spear now has greater Force as it previously scored knockouts much later than other similar Signatures.
- Dusk Side Spear: Increased Force from 68 Fixed/50 Variable to 68 Fixed/53 Variable.
Jhala’s Neutral Sword now has greater Minimum Charge time to remove its combo from the Sword Down Light. We have also reduced the generous Damage on her Down Sword to better match its overall speed.
- Jhala Neutral Sword: Increased Minimum Charge time from 9 to 10.
- Jhala Down Sword: Decreased Damage from 29 to 26.
Jiro’s Neutral, Side, and Down Sword Signatures have all received greater Force to better match his Strength stat, as they previously required much greater damage on the opponent to score a knockout than other similar attacks.
- Jiro Neutral Sword: Increased Force from 50 Fixed/51 Variable to 56 Fixed/54 Variable.
- Jiro Side Sword: Increased Force from 55 Fixed/54 Variable to 60 Fixed/55 Variable.
- Jiro Down Sword: Increased Force from 50 Fixed/50 Variable to 55 Fixed/52 Variable.
Lord Vraxx has received decreased Force on his Down Lance to better match his low Strength stat, while also receiving increased Recover time on miss to better match the range of this reversal attack. Lord Vraxx’s Neutral Blasters has greater Minimum Charge time to remove its combo from the Blasters Down Light.
- Lord Vraxx Down Lance: Decreased Force from 68 Fixed/61 Variable to 65 Fixed/56 Variable; Increased Recover time on miss from 12 to 14.
- Lord Vraxx Neutral Blasters: Increased Minimum Charge time from 4 to 6.
Orion’s Side Lance and Neutral Lance have both received a reduction in Force to better match this Legend’s low Strength stat, bringing these Signatures in line with similar options on other Legends.
- Orion Side Lance: Decreased Force from 70 Fixed/53 Variable to 66 Fixed/50 Variable.
- Orion Neutral Lance: Decreased Force from 60 Fixed/65 Variable to 60 Fixed/60 Variable.
Ulgrim’s Neutral Lance now has greater Force for a better knockout range, given its generally diagonal direction of knockback.
- Ulgrim Neutral Lance: Increased Force from 55 Fixed/53 Variable to 58 Fixed/56 Variable.
Vector’s Side Bow and aerial version of the Neutral Rocket Lance have both received decreased Recover time, as their risk was previously too great for most use cases.
- Vector Side Bow: Decreased Recover time on miss from 14 to 12.
- Vector Neutral Rocket Lance: Decreased Recover time of the aerial version from 16 to 14. The Recover time of the wall version is unchanged.
Volkov’s Down Scythe could be used as a repeated edgeguard attempt too quickly, so we have increased its Recover time on miss and its Cooldown on miss to provide a larger window to maneuver around this attack. The overall threat coverage on Volkov’s Neutral Scythe has been decreased for clearer opportunities of retaliation from rear and vertical positions.
- Volkov Down Scythe: Increased Recover time on miss from 10 to 15; Increased Cooldown on miss from 18 to 21.
- Volkov Neutral Scythe: Decreased maximum vertical and rear threat coverage throughout the attack.
- The respawn points and item spawn areas on The Enigma are now more evenly spread out and follow the moving platforms.
- Updated the player and item spawns on Lost Labyrinth to better match the movement of the platforms.
- Demon Island: Decreased height of the knockout boundary to be closer in line with other 1v1 maps.
- Fixed an issue where playing the Climb game mode with more than 4 players and with teams on could result in multiple players’ using the same spawn point on their first spawn.
- Hattori Down Spear: Fixed a case where the target could be dropped before the final hit.
- Fixed some body layering issues with the Gauntlet platforming & base kit animation.
- Fixed layering issues on charged Cannon throw animation.
- Fixed some animation & body part layering issues with Unarmed Neutral, Side, & Down light attacks.
- Fixed character asset layering issues with the Flex and Facepalm Taunts.
The new Legend rotation for this week includes: Ragnir, Caspian, Jiro, Barraza, Sidra, Kaya, Scarlet, and Petra.
- Ragnir – This apex predator, whose home is in the Fangwild, now ventures outward using his Katars and Axe to take on the rest of the Legends in Valhalla!
- Caspian – Led by his showmanship and thirst for danger, he has come to Valhalla armed with Katars and Gauntlets to put on a show!
- Jiro – Trained as a child by a powerful and secret shinobi family, Jiro comes into the arena with not only Scythe and Sword but shadow clones as well!
- Barraza – A feared man in the wastelands with his Blasters and Axe, Barraza is the ultimate survivor and will do what it takes to be at the top in Valhalla.
- Sidra – The Corsair Queen, known for her legendary and fearless raids, is prepared to fight with her Sword and Cannon!
- Kaya – Using her bow, spear and spirit animals, she is ready to try her luck in the Grand Tournament!
- Scarlet – A former female boxing champion of England and head of the Royal Airship Navy, this Legend uses her ingenuity and steam power to build her own Rocket Lance and Grappling Hammer to take into battle.
- Petra – Having been set free from Terminus, Petra sets her eyes on Valhalla with her Orb, Gauntlets, and Darkheart powers.