Thea, the legendary Speedster, has entered the Grand Tournament! You’ll usually find Thea kicking Asgard with her Battle Boots & Rocket Lance in Thundergard Stadium. She’s second to none in Brawlball, Dodgebomb, and all of Valhalla’s Eternal Sports tournaments.
Though her story was lost to ancient history, Theaklydea of Athens, the daughter of Medea, was sent by Zeus on an epic quest to retrieve the Winged Helm of Hermes from the fortress of Asgard. Once she arrived, she found she enjoyed the spirited competition in Valhalla, and made it her home away from home. Thea’s debut makes her the 58th Legend to permanently join the roster.
Patch 7.06 is also stacked with other exciting new additions like a new Volleybrawl Game Mode, Boomerang Gadget available in Experimental & Test Features, and several Game Improvements & Bug Fixes.
Over in the realm of Brawlhalla Esports, witness the conclusion of Spring Championship 2023 with Doubles! Tune in to our official Twitch stream to catch all the action LIVE & and earn Viewership Rewards like the new RGB Orb Weapon Skin.
As Ranked Season 27 comes to a close, get ready to redeem your Glory and begin a new climb to earn the elusive Valhallan rank! Ranked Season 28 begins on April 12th, featuring 2v2 Bubble Tag in the Seasonal Ranked Queue for the first time.
To catch the latest Brawlhalla news and content, be sure to follow us on Twitter, Twitch, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Discord, and TikTok!
- Thea – “The Speedster”
- Weapons: Battle Boots, Rocket Lance
- Stats: 4 Strength, 6 Dexterity, 3 Defense, 9 Speed
- “Once Thea began winning in the Grand Tournament, a new world of possibility opened to her – endorsements. She single-handedly invented sports marketing in Asgard, and watched in delight as her Eternal Sports empire grew… At this point she’s so rich she could probably just buy the Hermes’ Helmet back from Odin, but she’s staying around to win it back instead. She doesn’t miss her life with the other Olympians. This crowd is so much livelier…and weirder.”
Thea sprints in with 3 new Skins:
- Gorgon Thea – “Hope you brought a shield!” Bonus: Snakes react along with Thea.
- Gridrunner Thea – “The goggles keep the bugs out.”
- Mach 25 Thea – “If you’re not first… well obviously you’re not first if you’re racing me!”
Thea also brings new swag into Mallhalla:
- Eternal Pottery Avatar – “Legend says that the Olympian gods were ahead of the game.”
- Thea BRB Emoji Skin – “Olympus is calling, be right back!”
For those who missed Thea’s Eternal Sports Avatar giveaway last patch, it is now available to purchase in Mallhalla!
Set your teammates up for a spike in this fast-paced new Game Mode! Hit the ball to change it to your team’s color. If it lands on the opposing team’s floor while it’s your color, it’ll do damage. Deplete the opposing team’s HP to score a point. First to 3 points wins! Hit the sands now and play Volleybrawl in Custom Game Lobbies & Offline Play.
We’ve added new experimental features! As revealed across our social media in the past weeks, we’re adding a new Gadget into the world of Brawlhalla – the Boomerang! This nimble Gadget hits anyone in its way when thrown, and while homing back to its thrower. We’re also testing a new short-hop accessibility feature that aims to reduce the barrier-of-entry to the advanced “fastfall” mechanic. See below for full details!
New Gadget: Boomerang
- Available to try with Test Features on, in the Experimental queue, or practice with it in Training mode.
- This Gadget flies in a large arc when thrown, homes back to its thrower, and hits anyone in its way.
- The first gadget to travel through opponents!
- Designed to reduce the barrier-of-entry to an advanced (but often essential) game mechanic.
- It allows you to more easily be able to fastfall after a jump by allowing the ‘Down’ input to be held any time after the jump. When the minimum height threshold for fastfall is reached after jumping, you will begin fastfalling at a near-optimal time without having to wait for the minimum height threshold before pressing ‘Down’.
- More optimal timing can still be achieved by short-hopping the old fashioned way – by waiting for the minimum height threshold before pressing ‘Down’.
Disarmed Visual Effects Revisions
- Based on player feedback & internal review, we’ve updated the colors on the Disarmed Visual Effects to be more distinct from other collision FX.
Please share all of your feedback with us on our socials like Twitter and Discord! For more information, visit brawlhalla.com/test-features.
The Gadget Bounce Sound FX Test Feature that was introduced for Patch 7.05 has now graduated into all queues:
- There is now a sound for when a Gadget is thrown and hits the ground. Each Gadget has its own unique sound that changes based on its velocity. The Sidekick Summoner Horn makes a special sound if you throw it just right!
Art & Animation
- Brawlhaven and Small Brawlhaven now have animated backgrounds! Take a second to admire the grassy fields and cascading waterfall as you brawl.
- Performance improvements for Fait, Isaiah, & Sidra – these improve game performance but do not affect gameplay.
- Players will now receive a fanfare at login every time they earn new Account XP Titles (I.E. Legend I) and Birthday Titles (I.E. Veteran of Asgard I).
- Fixed a long-standing issue where the offscreen bubble would display for 1 frame at the start of a match.
- Adjusted the Battle Boots Down Light active input animation so that the user is crouched lower and longer, making it easier to tell when the attack is over.
- Updated the Charged OG and Pact of Poison Color scheme exclusions.
- Fixed a bug where a “Legend II” or higher Title temporarily reverted to the previous “Legend” Title after a client reset.
- Fixed bugs in Custom Online & Couch Party lobbies where toggling “Teams” to “On” after having selected a Legend for one or more bots would not update their Color Scheme.
- Fixed a bug where clan names are displayed as “<null>” for bots in Offline Games. Bots will now not display a clan name at all.
- Fixed a rare desync that could occur if a player got KO’d right before sudden death started on a Map that has moving platforms, particularly in the Temple Climb Game Mode.
- Fixed a bug where bots would still use the default Sidekick in Offline Games even if the player had chosen a Sidekick for them.
Art & Animation
- Fixed an animation issue with Battle Boots aerial turnaround animation where large torsos would be misaligned.
Oh dear, so many Boomerangs! Test your skills with this nimble and versatile new Gadget that (almost) always finds its way home. Boomerangs will spawn as often as Weapons in this intense 4 player FFA match. Damage has also been cranked up to 200%. Score the most points in 3 minutes to win!
- Boomerangs spawn as often as Weapons
- 4 Player FFA
- 200% Damage
- 3 Minute Timer
- Score more points to win!
Spring Championship 2023 concludes this weekend! Doubles matches begin this Friday and continue all weekend long.
Don’t miss any of the action, tune in to watch on twitch.tv/brawlhalla!
- Friday, March 31, – Australia & Southeast Asia
- Saturday, April 1 – Europe & South America
- Sunday, April 2 – North America
Tune in to the Twitch stream all weekend long to earn exclusive Esports Viewership Rewards! Rewards for Week 1 are:
- Esports Colors v.3
- RGB Orb Weapon Skin
- “Lucky” Title Reward
To learn more about Brawlhalla Esports Year Eight, visit brawlhalla.com/esports.
Like a blazing comet in the sky, the Mysterious Stranger Bundle has arrived! Orion presents a selection of some of his finest battle attire and much more in this new pack which includes:
- Orion Legend Unlock
- Harbinger Orion Skin
- Kabuto Orion Skin
- Next Level Emote
- The Reads Emote
This promotion is free to all Amazon Prime members in supported regions. Claim your loot at brawlhalla.com/prime.
The free-to-play Legend rotation for this week features Volkov, Koji, Scarlet, Thor, Thatch, Ember, Dusk, Onyx, & Mako.
- Volkov – The Vampire King of Batavia has unexpectedly found Valhalla and brought his Scythe and Axe to battle.
- Koji – Armed with his Ancestral Blade & Yumi Bow , Koji slices his way through the battlefield!
- Scarlet – A former women’s boxing champion from England and head of the Royal Airship Navy, Scarlet used her ingenuity and knowledge of steam powered machines to build her own Rocket Lance and Hammer to take into battle.
- Thor – Finally entering the ring, Thor, God of Thunder, makes his appearance in the Grand Tournament with his trusty Hammer, Mjölnir, and his powerful Orb.
- Thatch – The tournament is a paradise of chaos and fire for this Madman of Barbados as he brandishes Sword and Blasters.
- Ember – This quick and dexterous elf does battle in Valhalla with Bow, Katars and her two companions: a wolf named Ash and her raven named Yarra.
- Dusk – Wielding his Spear and a powerful Orb carved from stone and magic, Dusk seeks to spread chaos throughout Valhalla.
- Onyx – The powerful Guardian and Protector of Castle Batavia, Onyx has been offered a place in Valhalla and now defends it ruthlessly with her Cannon and Gauntlets.
- Mako – The ultimate apex predator from The Sea, Mako, with her Greatsword and Katars, aims to make fish meat out of her opponents in the Grand Tournament.