The new Ranked Season 17 starts today and includes new Ranked Rewards! The Trophy Emote and Jewel Nameplate, available in Skyforged and Goldforged versions, are the latest additions and can be found in Mallhalla. More information is provided below for any newcomers to Ranked Seasons.
Last week, Jaeyun, the newest Legend, brought the newest Weapon, the Greatsword, to the Grand Tournament. Jaeyun is the 50th new Legend and has joined the roster permanently!
With the addition of Greatsword, new daily missions and achievements have been added!
Last week’s patch update also included for a limited time the Solidarity Emote for Campaign Zero and can be found in Mallhalla. Lastly, we’ve updated the Brawl of the Week, changed items on sale, and updated the free-to-play Legend Rotation.
Season 17 – Rewards and Soft Elo reset!
If you’re new to Seasons, here’s some information you should know. You’re going to have a soft Elo reset and will also receive Glory, the currency you receive for playing Ranked. You can use it in the Ranked section of Malhalla to get special Colors, Weapon Skins, Emotes, and Nameplates to show your dedication to your favorite Legend. We hope you enjoy your rewards and enjoy the New Season!
Soft Elo Reset Formula
Soft Elo Reset is based on your current Elo at the end of the season.
1v1 and 2v2 Personal Rating
- Under 1400: New Elo = Old Elo
- Over 1400: New Elo = 1400 + (Old Elo – 1400) / (3 – (3000 – Old Elo) / 800)
2v2 Team and Legend Rating
- 2v2 Team & Legend Ratings have been brought closer to 750.
- Under 2000: Elo = (Elo + 375) / 1.5
- Over 2000, we aggressively brought you back down as a way of resetting the top tiers. Diamond level players will be reset to high gold or low platinum.
Glory Earnings Calculation
Glory earned is based on a combination of your Highest Peak Rating (highest 1v1, 2v2, team, or Legend rating/Elo) and total Wins. This was designed in order to reward both skill and dedication for those who pursue Glory.
You gain 20 Glory per win up to 150 wins, which gets you 3000 Glory. After 150 wins, each subsequent win gives you slightly less.
Note: There is a minimum requirement of 10 games played to be eligible for Glory based on your rating.
For help estimating your Glory Gained or New Elo after the reset go to: https://www.brawlhalla.com/glory-calculator/
Ranked Borders from Season 16
If you placed in Gold or better in your best rating, you are given a ranked border that people will see in the match preview screen. There are Ranked borders for Gold, Platinum, and Diamond tiers. These will last for one season and will be updated again after the new season comes to a close.
Your border from any previous season does not carry over or have any impact on your current border reward.
Ranked Avatars from Season 16
Ranked Avatars include prestigious versions for those who’ve placed in high ranks during previous seasons. For example, if you placed in Platinum last season and Gold this season, you’ll receive the upgraded versions of the Competitor’s Badge and Gold Emblem. You will still have your original Platinum Emblem avatar from previous seasons.
You must play a minimum of 10 games to receive ranked avatars / borders at ANY rank.
- Competitor’s Badge: Awarded to anyone who plays 10 Ranked Games or more.
- Gold Emblem: Awarded to players who finish at Gold or above.
- Platinum Emblem: Awarded to players who finish at Platinum or above.
- Diamond Emblem: Awarded to players who finish at Diamond.
- Upgraded versions of Ranked Avatars are awarded to those who have earned the same Avatar in any previous seasons.
5th & 6th Tier Ranked Avatar Upgrade Information
For players who have reached the 5th Tier of an avatar by reaching a certain rank or higher for five total seasons: the 5th Tier of that avatar will stay in your inventory permanently! Congratulations on your achievements!
The 6th Tier Avatar, for those who have reached a certain rank or higher for six total seasons, will take on a brand new look! These avatars will grow more and more prestigious with each subsequent seasonal repeat up to Tier 10, at which point the Tier 10 avatar will remain in your inventory permanently.
In short, every 5 Tiers of avatars, you’ll keep the most awesome, most decked out version permanently, and then start work on a new version for subsequent tiers for 6-10, 11-15, and so on.
Exclusive Ranked Rewards – Skyforged & Goldforged!
Beyond glory there is immortality! The Trophy Emote and Jewel Nameplate, available in Skyforged and Goldforged versions, are the latest Ranked Rewards.
In Mallhalla, under the “Ranked” tab, players may spend their hard-earned Glory to purchase Skyforged Colors, Weapons, Nameplates, and Emotes. Skyforged Colors are only usable on Legends that have reached level 5 or greater.
Players can also purchase the Goldforged Colors, Weapons, Nameplates, and Emotes with Glory. Goldforged requires the Skyforged version of that item to have already been purchased. Show your strength with these exclusive Ranked items!
- Jaeyun – “The Sellsword”
- Weapons: Greatsword, Sword
- Stats: 6 Strength, 5 Dexterity, 5 Defense, 6 Speed
- “As a soldier of fortune he won treasure beyond counting – at least he never counted it himself before he gambled it away.”
Jaeyun enters with 3 new Skins:
- Hanbok Jaeyun – “Nothing traditional here.”
- Gilded Glory Jaeyun – “For glory and riches…or maybe just riches.”
- Death Jester Jaeyun – “Laugh ‘till it hurts.”
- The Greatsword is a new Weapon brought into the Grand Tournament by Jaeyun!
- He earned this huge magic sword on a job protecting the king from the shadow ninja, Jiro.
- The Greatsword introduces a new mechanic to Brawlhalla. During grounded light attacks, a player may enter into a Bridge stance, followed by a Closer stance to create various opportunities to combo an opponent.
- Jaeyun is the first Legend wielding the Greatsword but not the last! More Legends using the Greatsword will be released in the future.
We have added new daily missions and achievements with the release of the Greatsword!
- New daily missions are available, including earning KOs or wins with the Greatsword.
- New achievements can be found on all platforms!
- These include reaching Wave 26 in the Horde game mode, reaching level 5 with 50 Legends, and much more.
With Ranked Season 17 around the corner, we’ve added a few new Ranked rewards in Mallhalla. Players may find these new rewards by clicking on the “Ranked” tab. This is only the beginning of enhancing the Ranked experience.
Skyforged and Goldforged Trophy Emotes
- The newest rewards! Show your might with these new Emotes now available for purchase with Glory in Mallhalla.
- The Goldforged Trophy Emote requires owning the Skyforged Trophy Emote.
Skyforged and Goldforged Jewel Nameplates
- For the first time, players may purchase with Glory exclusive Ranked nameplates!
- The Goldforged Jewel Nameplate requires owning the Skyforged Jewel Nameplate.
Skyforged and Goldforged Greatsword Weapon Skins
- With the addition of the Greatsword comes two new Weapon Skins purchasable with Glory!
- The Goldforged Greatsword requires owning the Skyforged Greatsword.
For a limited time, we are introducing the Solidarity Emote for Charity. All proceeds from this Emote will be donated to Campaign Zero. To find out more information about this non-profit organization, check out www.joincampaignzero.org.
Square off against your opponent in this hard hitting KO fest! Chew through your foe’s 5 Stocks with damage cranked up to an insane 300%! Send your challenger into orbit before they know what hit them. First to 5 KOs wins!
- 5 Stocks
- 300% Damage
Discover the new Ranked Rewards!
- Skyforged and Goldforged Greatsword
- Skyforged and Goldforged Trophy Emotes
- Skyforged and Goldforged Jewel Nameplates
- Limited time Emote for charity! All proceeds will go to Campaign Zero.
Looking for a certain chest?
- We’re rapidly rotating through chests, so check out the in-game timer to know when the next chest will rotate.
Find the new Sales items!
The new Legend rotation for this week includes: Gnash, Ember, Petra, Sir Roland, Xull, Nix, Lord Vraxx, and Yumiko.
- Gnash – In the darkness, before the dawn of history, this Legend was raised by the harsh jungle itself. This Super Hunter uses Grappling Hammer and Spear in battle.
- Ember – This quick and dexterous elf does battle in Valhalla with Bow, Katars and her two companions: a wolf named Ash and her raven named Yarra.
- Petra – Having been set free from Terminus, Petra sets her eyes on Valhalla with her Orb, Gauntlets, and Darkheart powers.
- Sir Roland – No one in Valhalla feels a greater thirst for victory in the tournament than Sir Roland, as he strikes down his opponents with Rocket Lance and Sword.
- Xull – With legendary physical strength, this Axe and Cannon wielding Orc Warlord is ready to challenge everyone and everything in Valhalla!
- Nix – Led by a thousand year hunt, this reaper, armed with both Blasters and Scythe, has found herself a new bounty in Valhalla.
- Lord Vraxx – This feared warlord dominates his opponents with Rocket Lance and Blasters!
- Yumiko – Holding the appearance of a blind seamstress, this centuries old fox spirit has been brought into battle wielding her Magical Hammer and Bow!