Welcome to Patch 2.21! The Summer Event has come to a close, and new discoveries from the depths below Shipwreck Falls has revealed a new pair of monstrous skins that are now available in Mallhalla. We’ve also got some client performance improvements, balance changes, improvements to the user interface and bug fixes as we strive to make Brawlhalla better and better.
- Shark Attack Thatch
- Deep One Azoth
- Tactical Blade (sword)
- Trident Lancer (spear)
Summer Event and Mallhalla
After a ton of fun in the sun the Brawlhalla Summer Event has come to an end! Thanks to everyone who threw water baloons in Beachbrawl, took some time off on the beaches of Shipwreck Falls and picked up their very own pair of Heatwave Colors.
- The gold cost for Wu Shang has been reduced to 5400!
- The final countdown has started for Odin’s Chest. Just three weeks left!
- Summer event login bonus and Heatwave colors are no longer available. Thanks for a great summer, we’ll see you next holiday!
- Beachbrawl will remain in-game!
- The game will now remember whether or not you left the chat box opened or closed across sessions
- Removed older sparkle effect from the victor’s podium when the scoreboard first displays
- Chat box collapse and expand buttons now read more clearly and has been changed from a red alert icon to a blue chat bubble icon
- Chat box notification icon for unread messages has been enlarged and made more obvious
- Users will no longer receive chat notifications when other users join/leave the game lobby
- Users will no longer receive chat notifications when other brawlers send the message “gg”. Instead little chat bubbles will appear over the users podiums that say “gg”
- Using the “GG” hotkey button during the scoreboard will no longer trigger the chat box to open
Client / Server Performance
- Decreased overall memory usage.
- Improve resize window time.
- Improved client performance.
- Improved core server performance.
Art / Animation
- Hattori’s Neutral Sword Signature FX now show on both sides of her instead of just in front.
- Fixed a bug that could cause bots to become unresponsive or attack teammates.
- Fixed bug causing certain assets in the inventory to now correctly display if the users window resizes while the inventory is open
- Fixed bug causing the “equipped” token on items in certain categories in the inventory to sometimes reset itself to the item that was equipped when the window was first opened
- Improved behavior of grabbed targets on wall collision to better follow the legend performing the grab.
- Fixed some drop cases where a setup hit would bounce the target against a wall too hard to follow up correctly, such as on Gauntlet Side Air.
- Fixed bug causing Kor and Wu Shang’s portrait to not appear in the “Best Legend” UI inside the character select during Ranked 1v1
- Fixed issue where several of the text headers were selectable via mouse for various windows in the top-right corner menu
- Fixed rare crash that could bring the core login servers down.
- Fixed bug that caused the camera to follow weapons too aggressively in 1v1. (Credit: /u/broskit)
- Fixed bug causing users to click “Collapse Chat” button twice before it would register
The Blasters are a long range weapon, but its close range options seemed slightly too strong, so we are trading some Damage from its close range starters for a shorter Hit Window on the Side Air to increase the pace of play for both the user and the opponent.
- Blasters Down Light: Decreased total Damage from 27 to 24.
- Blasters Side Air: Decreased Hit Window from 12 to 10; Increased Variable Recovery on hit from 6 to 8; Increased Fixed Recovery on miss from 0 to 2.
- Blasters Down Air: Decreased total Damage from 19 to 17.
We are speeding up the Side Air’s Time to Hit for more reliable use as an approach, as it is slightly too easy to retreat from.
- Lance Side Air: Decreased Time to Hit from 16 to 15.
The Axe has a number of solid ground options, but the areas of coverage among its attacks overlap slightly too much. We are decreasing the hitboxes at the top of the Side Light to better differentiate its options.
- Axe Side Light: Decreased hitboxes at the top of the swing for less overhead coverage.
The Bow’s air kit provides a strong sequence of attacks, both in speed and coverage. We are shaving some of these areas to provide a tighter feel with more room for counterplay.
- Bow Side Air: Increased Fixed Recovery on miss from 1 to 2; Decreased backwards acceleration to be similar to other Side Air powers.
- Bow Neutral Air: Increased Time to Hit from 8 to 9.
The Down Light is receiving a Stun adjustment to ensure dodge windows before Signature attacks. Some Signatures are still great string options, so watch out!
- Gauntlets Down Light: Adjusted Stun from 26 to a range of 26 to 22, resulting in consistent frame advantage on hit throughout.
- Unarmed Side Air: Fixed a timing issue with the animation that caused it not to match hitbox timing.
- Unarmed Ground Pound: Fixed a timing issue with the animation on ground collision that caused it not to match hitbox timing.
- Axe Neutral Air: Fixed a timing issue with the animation that caused it not to match hitbox timing.
- Scarlet Neutral Lance: Fixed a timing issue with the animation that caused it not to match hitbox timing.
- Sentinel Down Hammer: Fixed a timing issue with the animation that caused it not to match hitbox timing.
- Bow Neutral Air: Fixed a case where the target could be dropped before the final hit.
- Wu Shang Down Gauntlet: Fixed a case where the target could be dropped before the final hit.