Welcome to Patch 2.39! In this patch we’re introducing the new Cosmic Chest that was recently discovered on an abandoned road between forgotten worlds. We’re also adding a number of UI Improvements and Balance changes in this patch as we prepare for Season 3!
New Cosmic Chest!
- Recently discovered near an edge of the Bifröst, the Cosmic Chest is now available for purchase in Mallhallla.
- The Cosmic Chest comes with three chest exclusives:
- Apex Asuri
- General Vraxx
- Infinite Wu Shang
- The chest contains 15 other skins, for 18 Legend Skins total.
- Inventory screen now supports paging for players who own large amounts of items in a category
- Inventory cursor color has been changed from light blue to yellow to stand out more
- Inventory cursor now snaps to its destination instead of slowly transitioning to it
- Inventory cursor now remembers its last location until the item category is changed or the screen is closed
- Stepping into or changing item categories in the inventory will now trigger the cursor to jump to the currently equipped item on its respective page
- Equipping an item in the inventory will now trigger a feedback animation to make the user action more clear
- Total number of inventory rows has been reduced for each category now that paging has been implemented
- Added to Test Features – While Slide Charging a signature in midair, the power can be steered at 40% normal movement speed until the first hitbox or the charge is released.
- Added PC support for the PS4 controller using Sony’s official DualShock 4 USB Wireless Adaptor.
New Legend Rotation
- Cross is on the free Legend Rotation for the first time!
- This week’s Legend Rotation features Asuri, Azoth, Cassidy, Cross, Jhala, and Orion.
With Season 3 right around the corner, we have improved the reliability of a number of anti-air Signatures, as well as a few other under-utilized Signature powers.
The Gauntlets find a faster Time to Hit on the Recovery attack, which opens it up as a reliable followup attack in several situations, as well as a more reliable attack on airborne opponents.
- Gauntlets Recovery: Decreased Time to Hit from 10 to 8.
Intended in Patch 2.38, we are fixing the missing balance change to Blasters Neutral Air.
- Blasters Neutral Air: Decreased Damage of the shots from 20 & 17 to 18 & 15 (Intended in 2.38)
Azoth’s Side Axe has a lengthy total duration that made it hard to find use in play, so we have sped up its overall commitment in the form of some decreased Fixed Recovery.
- Azoth Side Axe: Decreased Fixed Recovery from 21 to 19.
Brynn’s Neutral Spear was relatively slow for an anti-air, so we have reduced the Minimum Charge for more reliable use.
- Brynn Neutral Spear: Decreased Minimum Charge time from 8 to 6.
Much Like Brynn’s Neutral Spear, Diana’s Neutral Bow has a fairly long Time to Hit, so we are speeding this one up as well for use against flighty opponents.
- Diana Neutral Bow: Decreased Minimum Charge time from 7 to 5.
Ember is seeing a number of buffs to her lesser used kit of Bow Signatures. The increased speed and damage to the kit should make these more desirable options during a fight.
- Ember Neutral Bow: Decreased Minimum Charge time from 7 to 6; Decreased Time to Hit after charge from 7 to 6.
- Ember Side Bow: Increased Damage from 20 to 23.
Jhala’s Down Sword has been made into a quicker option to compensate for its relatively small range. With the solid Damage and Force that this attack already commands, it can be a great option in close range or as a dodge punish.
- Jhala Down Sword: Decreased Minimum Charge time from 10 to 8.
Kor’s under-utilized Hammer Signatures have received faster Minimum Charge as they could be too difficult to use in a fast-paced battle.
- Kor Down Hammer: Decreased Minimum Charge time from 8 to 6.
- Kor Neutral Hammer: Decreased Minimum Charge time from 8 to 5.
With the theme of improved anti-air attacks, Queen Nai has received reduced Fixed Recovery to her Neutral Spear, lending itself as a more desirable option when fighting airborne opponents.
- Queen Nai Neutral Spear: Decreased Fixed Recovery from 18 to 16.
Sir Roland’s Neutral Lance has been reduced in overall duration in the form of slightly reduced Minimum Charge time and slightly reduced Fixed Recovery. Mount up and charge into battle!
- Sir Roland Neutral Lance: Decreased Minimum Charge time from 5 to 4; Decreased Fixed Recovery from 15 to 14.
Thatch’s Down Blasters is a relatively slow Signature, however it is now quicker to fire with a reduced Minimum Charge time, making it easier to work this attack into the tides of battle.
- Thatch Down Blasters: Decreased Minimum Charge time from 16 to 13.
- Fixed a bug that could allow players to be hit after death in very rare cases.
- Fixed a bug that allowed grabs to place players inside team walls that they couldn’t normally pass through.
- Fixed bug occasionally causing inventory equipment slot cursor to not visually return to the correct slot when switching between mouse and controller devices.
- Fixed bug causing the equipment token to sometimes display over the wrong item in the collection grid.
- Fixed a bug that would cause the gauntlet’s ground pound to sometimes not play the hit react effects on hit.
- Fixed a bug that would cause Azoth’s art to not display correctly in his Neutral Axe signature.