Welcome to Patch 2.64! We’ve made a massive upgrades to Brawlball mechanics, art, and animations in this patch and are excited to have one of our favorite game modes featured as our Brawl of the Week! We’re also adding a new skin for Sentinel, and adding the Sunken Chest to Mallhalla. There’s also a ton of new test features we’d love to get your feedback on as we continue to work on making Brawlhalla the best it can possibly be. One last note, Season 5 will begin in two weeks! We’ll see you in ranked!
- President Sentinel – “Champion of the first Battle Brawl Invitational 09/11/16. Twitch.tv/Fats”
- The Sunken Chest has been recovered and is now available to open in Mallhalla!
- The Sunken Chest contains eighteen skins total and three exclusive skins: Dreadnought Lucien, Atlantean Ada, and Dark Depths Ragnir.
New Free Weapon Skin!
- By subscribing the Brawlhalla YouTube Channel you can receive the free Axe of the World Eagle skin!
- Follow this link to redeem your code: woobox.com/nw3tgg
- Thanks for subscribing and playing Brawlhalla!
Brawl of the Week – Brawlball!
- Brawlball Bash!
- 3v3 Teams
- 5 Minute Matches
- 30 second shot clock
- First to 3 points wins!
- New Map Art! – The Colosseum is now the standard map background for Brawlball.
- The Goal Meter no longer instantly resets when you leave the scoring area, it now instead drains over time allowing teams with sustained pressure to better score goals.
- Goal Meter progress is slower while airborne.
- On shot clock reset when a goal attempt is unsuccessful, the ball will spawn on top of the opposing team’s goal instead of in the middle of the arena.
- Brawlball’s respawn delay has been lengthened to make deaths more punishing. It is now 3.8 seconds up from 2.6 seconds. (compared to the standard respawn time of 4.7 seconds)
- You can now hit other players through team walls.
- Added new Brawlball ball respawn animation.
Modified Test Features
Increased friction for aerial powers when traveling forward had a mixed reception and created a few drop cases. This week removes the forward penalties on grounded air attacks and focuses only on reducing backward steering.
- Instead of changing friction, we greatly decreased the ability to steer an aerial power backwards while touching the ground.
Added to Test Features
Cooldowns between uses of the same attack help limit some frustrating interactions and allow for close strings without letting a power string into itself. However, this comes at the expense of making controls feel stickier. We suspect the current values are higher than necessary, and are testing reduced cooldown times after a hit.
Cooldown Bonus On Hit
- Dramatically reduced the cooldown penalty on successful attacks.
- Put differently, when landing any attack you may now use that same attack again, faster than you would be able to if your first attack of that kind did not hit.
Removed from Test Features
Most feedback for Move Variety Bonus seemed to be divided between wanting a more impactful system and not wanting any change of this kind. We’re tabling the feature for now.
Move Variety Bonus
- When hitting with a power, if it was not one of the last six attacks that hit, it will deal an extra 5% Damage and Force.
- If the hit is with a weapon (including unarmed) that was not used in the last six attacks, this is a 10% bonus instead.
UI and Animation
- Updated the in-game pause menu with new art and icons.
- Removed a small jitter on the shoulder of Brynn’s idle animation in character select.
- Relayered Sentinel’s head in his character select to reduce clipping.
New Legend Rotation
This week’s Legend Rotation features Bodvar, Brynn, Ember, Lord Vraxx, Nix and Wu Shang.
- Fixed a bug where the Dmg Taken stat on the scoreboard screen would not always be correct in team games.
- Fixed a bug where PS4 icons were treated as default controller icons on the rejoin screen.
—- PS4 Report —-
We have the first batch of Americas Closed Beta keys in hand and are hoping to begin the first small wave of invites later this weekend. We are still eagerly waiting for EU keys and will provide updates on the stats on our Twitter account. We’re still fixing some bugs and getting a few final things wrapped up, but we’re excited to play Brawlhalla with you on PS4 very soon!
- A ton of internal online testing in advance of the first small wave of keys.
- Ongoing bug fixes, and performance improvements.
- You can still sign up for the PS4 closed beta at beta.brawlhalla.com!