This week is the start of the new Ranked Season 13! If you’re new to Seasons, we have information below to guide you through this ranked reset. Our newest Legend, Petra, is also in Malhalla with three Skins. We’ve also updated the Brawl of the Week to Ghost Brawl, changed items on sale, and updated the Legends on the free-to-play Legend rotation.
Season 13 – Rewards and Soft Elo reset!
If you’re new to Seasons, here’s some information you should know. You’re going to have a soft Elo reset and will also receive Glory, the currency you receive for playing Ranked. You can use it in the Ranked section of Malhalla to get special Colors and Weapon Skins to show your dedication to your favorite Legend. We hope you enjoy your rewards and enjoy the New Season!
Soft Elo Reset Formula
Soft Elo Reset is based on your current Elo at the end of the season.
1v1 and 2v2 Personal Rating
- Under 1400: New Elo = Old Elo
- Over 1400: New Elo = 1400 + (Old Elo – 1400) / (3 – (3000 – Old Elo) / 800)
2v2 Team and Legend Rating
- 2v2 Team & Legend Ratings have been brought closer to 750.
- Under 2000: Elo = (Elo + 375) / 1.5
- Over 2000, we aggressively brought you back down as a way of resetting the top tiers. Diamond level players will be reset to high gold or low platinum.
Glory Earnings Calculation
Glory earned is based on a combination of your Highest Peak Rating (highest 1v1, 2v2, team, or Legend rating/Elo) and total Wins. This was designed in order to reward both skill and dedication for those who pursue Glory.
You gain 20 Glory per win up to 150 wins, which gets you 3000 Glory. After 150 wins, each subsequent win gives you slightly less.
Note: There is a minimum requirement of 10 games played to be eligible for Glory based on your rating.
For help estimating your Glory Gained or New Elo after the reset go to: http://www.brawlhalla.com/glory-calculator/
Ranked Borders from Season 12
If you placed in Gold or better in your best rating, you are given a ranked border that people will see in the match preview screen. There are Ranked borders for Gold, Platinum, and Diamond tiers. These will last for one season and will be updated again after the new season comes to a close.
Your border from any previous season does not carry over or have any impact on your current border reward.
Ranked Avatars from Season 12
Ranked Avatars include prestigious versions for those who’ve placed in high ranks during previous seasons. For example, if you placed in Platinum last season and Gold this season, you’ll receive the upgraded versions of the Competitor’s Badge and Gold Emblem. You will still have your original Platinum Emblem avatar from previous seasons.
You must play a minimum of 10 games to receive ranked avatars / borders at ANY rank.
- Competitor’s Badge: Awarded to anyone who plays 10 Ranked Games or more.
- Gold Emblem: Awarded to players who finish at Gold or above.
- Platinum Emblem: Awarded to players who finish at Platinum or above.
- Diamond Emblem: Awarded to players who finish at Diamond.
- Upgraded versions of Ranked Avatars are awarded to those who have earned the same Avatar in any previous seasons.
5th & 6th Tier Ranked Avatar Upgrade Information
For players who have reached the 5th Tier of an avatar by reaching a certain rank or higher for five total seasons: the 5th Tier of that avatar will stay in your inventory permanently! Congratulations on your achievements!
The 6th Tier Avatar, for those who have reached a certain rank or higher for six total seasons, will take on a brand new look! These avatars will grow more and more prestigious with each subsequent seasonal repeat up to Tier 10, at which point the Tier 10 avatar will remain in your inventory permanently.
In short, every 5 Tiers of avatars, you’ll keep the most awesome, most decked out version permanently, and then start work on a new version for subsequent tiers for 6-10, 11-15, and so on.
Color Scheme – Goldforged!
Beyond glory there is immortality! Goldforged color scheme is only purchasable with Glory and requires the Skyforged color scheme of that same Legend to have already been purchased.
Ghost Brawl is back! Quickly go invisible when you don’t use any powers in this tense game mode. Stay invisible too long, or use any power (including dodge) and you’re visible once more! (Pro Tip: Dust clouds from jumps and dashes are still visible even when an opponent is not!)
- 3 Stocks
- 200% Damage
- 8 Minute Timer
- Find the new Legend Petra and her Skins!
- We’re currently rapidly rotating through chests. See the in-game timer to know when the next chest will rotate.
- Check out the new Sales items!
The new Legend rotation for this week includes: Kaya, Sentinel, Wu Shang, Barraza, Koji, Fait, Artemis, and Lin Fei.
- Kaya – Using her bow, spear and spirit animals, she is ready to try her luck in the Grand Tournament!
- Sentinel – The first and greatest costumed superhero in America has come to Asgard, finding those who need protecting and vanquishing injustice with his Katars and Grappling Hammer.
- Wu Shang – Using the way of peace, discipline and martial arts, he takes down his foes with Spear and Gauntlets!
- Barraza – A feared man in the wastelands with his Blasters and Axe, Barraza is the ultimate survivor and will do what it takes to be at the top in Valhalla.
- Koji – Armed with his ancestral katana, Koji slices his way through the battlefield with Sword and Bow!
- Fait – Speaking to the stars and using glimpses of the future, Fait battles for good with her Scythe and Orb!
- Artemis – Transversing the universe in search of her rival Orion, Artemis has ripped open a wormhole into Valhalla, armed with a Rocket Lance and Scythe; she is ready to fight!
- Lin Fei – A defender of the innocent and teacher of the lost ways. She is a great teacher who has developed her own fighting style, the ‘Way of the Iron Dragon,’ which utilizes her Cannon, Katars and an ancestral dragon-spirit.