School is now in session as we celebrate the Back to School Event with seasonal Skins including new Skins for Lin Fei and Fait, Home Team Colors, bonus Gold on login, and more! You can find these exclusive, limited-time items in Mallhalla by following the apples.
For those in the pursuit for Glory, the new Ranked Season 14 will start on September 25th. Additionally, we’ve added a new test feature, made a balance pass, game improvements, and a few other updates!
Headmaster Fait is ready for the new school year and Lin Fei can’t wait for the volleyball competition to pick up. It’s that time of year to head Back to School! Celebrate the event and dress to impress with Home Team Colors and exclusive Skins available for a limited time.
See the list below for all the Back to School items:
- Headmaster Fait – “Time to count the KOs, ready?”
- Ace Spiker Lin Fei – “She’s got school spirit!”
- Kindergarten Kaya – “Missed the bus? Take a mammoth instead.”
- Gridiron Xull – “The best offense is more offense.”
- First Day Asuri – “Don’t forget your bus number!”
- Greased Lightning Koji – “He’s got the chops!”
- Detention Ada – “Being bad feels pretty good, huh?”
- Home Team Colors
- Show off your school spirit in these black, red, and gold colors.
- Available for every Legend with hard-earned Gold!
- Oodles of Doodles
- An animated Avatar!
- “The story’s in the margins.”
- Brawlhalla 101
- “Class is in session!”
- Purchasable with your hard-earned Gold!
Back to School will also feature:
- +250 bonus Gold per login!
- A Back to School UI Takeover.
Square off against your opponent in this hard hitting KO fest! Chew through your foe’s 5 Stocks with damage cranked up to an insane 300%! Send your challenger into orbit before they know what hit them. First to 5 KOs wins!
- 5 Stocks
- 300% Damage
- Follow the apples for the Back to School goodies in Mallhalla!
- We’re currently rapidly rotating through chests. See the in-game timer to know when the next chest will rotate.
- Check out the new Sales items!
We’ve added a new test feature to signal the occurrence of interrupted recoveries. A special effect and sound cue will now play when this event occurs. Interrupted recoveries may happen when hitting an opponent that is recovering or during an exhausted recovery. Let us know how this effect feels during gameplay!
- Interrupted Recovery FX:
- When the beginning of a player’s Recovery attack is interrupted, a special effect will appear.
- Check out brawlhalla.com/test-features for more information.
This patch brings adjustments targeted at fine-tuning some recently altered base kit attacks, as well as numerous adjustments to the Stun values of setup hits to prevent unintended combos.
The following attacks have received Stun reductions to their setup hits, as they could grant greater frame advantage than intended by interrupting these attacks early. Landing these attacks will still stun the opponent throughout their duration, and the final stun value and frame advantage is unchanged, so keep going for your favorite follow-ups on hit.
- Unarmed Neutral Light: Decreased stun of the first hit from 25 to 17; Decreased Stun of the second hit from 32 to 17; Decreased Stun of the third hit from 32 to 20.
- Sword Down Light: Decreased stun of the first hit from 31 to 17.
- Lance Side Light: Decreased Stun of the setup hit from 31 to 17.
- Hammer Neutral Light: Decreased Stun of the first hit from 38 to 20; Decreased Stun of the second hit from 38 to 27.
- Blasters Neutral Light: Decreased Stun of the first hit from 28 to 21; Decreased Stun of the second hit from 28 to 22.
- Spear Side Light: Decreased Stun of the first hit from 33 to 18.
- Bow Side Light: Decreased Stun of the first hit from 30 to 26.
- Gauntlets Neutral Light: Decreased Stun of the first hit from 25 to 18; Decreased Stun of the second, third, and fourth hit from 32 to 18.
- Orb Neutral Light: Decreased Stun of the first hit from 31 to 18.
- Scythe Neutral Air: Decreased Stun of the first hit from 34 to 18.
- Scythe Down Air: Decreased Stun of the first hit from 34 to 18.
- Kaya Down Spear: Decreased Stun of the setup hits from 34 to 30.
- Thor Neutral Hammer: Decreased Stun of the setup hits from 34 to 20.
The Blasters Down Light has received a minor reduction in Force, allowing for a broader range of combo choice across most health values.
- Blasters Down Light: Decreased Force from 35 Fixed/9 Variable to 30 Fixed/7 Variable.
The Scythe Neutral Air’s recent momentum reduction has been localized closer to the middle of its animation. This grants greater movement after the target has been launched, allowing for improved follow-up attacks.
- Scythe Neutral Air: Focused the momentum dampening towards the middle of the backwards version, improving positioning for follow-up attacks; Decreased Force from 34 Fixed/30 Variable to 28 Fixed/20 Variable.
We have decreased the Unarmed Ground Pound’s Damage, and the Unarmed Neutral Heavy’s Force, to more appropriately fit its agile kit.
- Unarmed Ground Pound: Decreased Damage from 22 to 19.
- Unarmed Neutral Heavy: Decreased Force from 40 Fixed/56 Variable to 40 Fixed/52 Variable.
Petra has received slightly more Recover time on miss for both her Side Gauntlets and Down Gauntlets Signatures, to better match their risk with their high potential reward.
- Petra Side Gauntlets: Increased Recover time on miss from 10 to 12.
- Petra Down Gauntlets: Increased Recover time on miss from 18 to 20.
Sentinel’s Neutral Katars has received an increase in Damage, as it previously did far less than other similar anti-air Signatures.
- Sentinel Neutral Katars: Increased Damage from 18 to 20.
- Remote players that enter the queue with you will no longer count toward mission or achievement progress when earning hits and KOs in Free-for-All matchmaking games.
- Adjusted the success requirements on a number of missions.
- 2v2 Ranked games: 5 -> 4
- 2v2 Ranked wins: 3 -> 2
- Gravity-canceled hits: 20 -> 10
- Gadget KOs: 5 -> 3
- Thrown Weapon KOs: 6 -> 3
- Cannon Wall Cling: Updated hurtboxing to better match the animation.
- Orb Wall Cling: Updated hurtboxing to better match the animation.
- Blasters Recovery: Updated hurtboxing to better match the animation.
- Team games of Brawldown will now spawn the first two Weapons on opposite sides of the map like in other standard team games.
Animation and Art
- Added more places where Petra’s Orb signature animations uses the active orb look instead the default.
- Relayered Petra’s head in her character select to appear behind the right forearm and hand during the roar animation.
- Minor tweaks to Bow’s Down Light shot special effects animation to match floor interactions better.
- Performance improvements to Bow’s basic shot special effects.
- Fixed a bug that made it impossible for the Sidekick Summoner to be the first gadget spawned.
- Fixed a bug that could cause Kaya’s Down Bow to have an incorrect Cooldown on miss.
Animation and Art
- Fixed a visual bug on Xavier Woods that would cause Big E to disappear for 1 frame.
- Fixed a shadow that would flip on a forearm in The Rock’s character select animation.
The new free-to-play Legend rotation for this week includes: Teros, Wu Shang, Dusk, Zariel, Diana, Jhala, Lin Fei, and Artemis.
- Teros – This Minotaur is indifferent to the rules or intent of the Tournament, and instead, takes savage joy in all the battles while crushing his opponents with Axe and Grappling Hammer.
- Wu Shang – Using the way of peace, discipline and martial arts, he takes down his foes with Spear and Gauntlets!
- Dusk – Wielding his Spear and a powerful Orb, carved from stone and magic, Dusk seeks to spread chaos throughout Valhalla.
- Zariel – The Celestial, a warrior deity of Holy Justice, who abides in blessed Elysium. Zariel uses Gauntlets and Bow to take down both Demon hordes and any warrior participating in the Grand Tournament.
- Diana – Commander of the Order’s hunters, she uses her Bow and Blasters to slay countless beasts and monsters.
- Jhala – Given the title “Exalted Lion” by Apollo himself, Jhala “The Unbroken” takes the glamor of Valhalla in stride while having fun slaying her foes with Axe and Sword.
- Lin Fei – A defender of the innocent and teacher of the lost ways. She is a great teacher who has developed her own fighting style, the ‘Way of the Iron Dragon,’ which utilizes her Cannon, Katars and an ancestral dragon-spirit.
- Artemis – Transversing the universe in search of her rival Orion, Artemis has ripped open a wormhole into Valhalla. Armed with a Rocket Lance and Scythe, she is ready to fight!