We’re excited to introduce a new feature where Crossovers, like Shovel Knight, Gloxbox, and Hellboy, no longer require you to use the base Legend! This update also brings five new items to Mallhalla and makes the Sword of the Raven available on all platforms.
Additionally, we made some game improvements, updated the Brawl of the Week to 3v3 Beachbrawl, and more.
Using a Crossover no longer requires you to use the base Legend! For example, if you own the Shovel Knight Epic Crossover but do not own Gnash and Gnash is not on rotation, you will still be able to use Shovel Knight.
- Loadouts for Crossovers will now be saved separately from the base Legend.
- Crossovers have their own dedicated Roster spot in the Legend Select.
- There is a new setting in the System Settings that will allow you to go back to collapsing Crossovers.
Odin has brought Gifts of Asgard to the earthly realm, starting with the Sword of the Raven! This social media weapon skin is now available for ALL platforms.
- That means you can unlock this social blade for PC, Playstation 4, Nintendo Switch, and Xbox One.
- More information is available at brawlhalla.com/freesword.
- We appreciate all of you who have already followed us to stay up-to-date on everything Brawlhalla!
- Three new Taunts
- Cossack Dance – “First we battle. Then we dance.”
- This Guy – “Who has two thumbs and three stocks?”
- Blow A Kiss – “Kill ‘em with kindness.”
- Two new Weapon Skins
- Darkheart Tower – “Corruption is a blast.”
- Darkheart Orb – “The darkness consumes all.”
- We’re currently rapidly rotating through chests! See the in-game timer to know when the next chest will rotate.
- Check out the new Sales items!
Time for a Beachbrawl party! What better way to beat the heat than throwing water balloons at beach balls to score goals in a 3v3 Summer throw down? Get 1 point for each beach ball you get past the opposing team’s goal. Most points at the end of 2 minutes wins!
- Queue alone or with a friend
- 2 minutes
- Most points at the end wins!
- Improved graphics memory handling on Xbox One.
- Xbox One X now uses a larger graphics cache to improve performance.
- On PC, clicking outside of some pop-ups will now close the pop-up.
- Added controller support for Saulabi 4K Fight Joystick.
- Tweaked the Unarmed Neutral Air attack animation to reduce how often leg pieces layer over low hanging torso pieces.
- Minor tweak in torso on Unarmed Neutral Heavy and Run animations to reduce the amount the torso jitters.
- Updated and improved smoothness on the throw animation.
- Minor animation tweak to the lower leg on the Wall Cling pose while Unarmed.
- Fixed a waist that would appear upside down during a frame on Unarmed Side Light with characters and skins that had coat tails.
- Smoothed out Gruagach’s unselected animation in the character select menu.
- Light clean up was done across all Hammer base attack and platforming animations to improve seaming of joints on certain skins.
- Minor animation clean up on Unarmed Neutral Light attack and falling pose to improve seaming of joints on legs.
- Moved the latter part of Vraxx’s Side Signature Lance effects to not track the character.
- Minor tweaks to torsos in the Unarmed Landing animation and Gauntlets’ Side Light attack animation.
- Very minor animation clean up on some of Jhala’s signatures to improve seaming of joints with legs.
- Thanks to Comesa and Taise for their continued help with our German translations.
- Thanks to Juangana and SQUAiR for their continued corrections to our Spanish translation.
The new Legend rotation for this week includes: Lucien, Val, Ada, Queen Nai, Azoth, Artemis, Thor, and Isaiah.
- Lucien – This mysterious highwayman is always scheming for gold, and now has come to Valhalla to take part in the tournament wielding Katars and Blasters!
- Val – An android assassin with terrifying strength and quicker-than-light cognition, Val is a force to be reckoned with when utilizing her Sword and Gauntlets.
- Ada – Armed with Blasters and Spear, this nano-tech, elite combat hacker aims to win in the Grand Tournament.
- Queen Nai – With each victory nourishing the gods of her people, Queen Nai has come wielding Katars, Spear, and her powerful sorcery.
- Azoth – Devoted acolytes bring this brilliant and ruthless lich lord to life as he comes into Valhalla to do battle with Bow and Axe.
- Artemis – Transversing the universe in search of her rival Orion, Artemis has ripped open a wormhole into Valhalla, armed with a Rocket Lance and Scythe; she is ready to fight!
- Thor – Finally entering the ring, Thor, God of Thunder, makes his appearance in the Grand Tournament with his trusty Hammer, Mjölnir, and his powerful Orb.
- Isaiah – Major Isaiah Marshall, OEL’s special forces commander is at your service. He utilizes Cannon and Blasters with the help of his drone, equipped with a cloaking device and rockets at its disposal!