An epic destined duel makes its way to Valhalla in the new Galactic War Battle Pass season! Event Horizon Artemis reaches her ultimate form as she faces Orion Prime, the original catastrophic supernova. This fifth season of Brawlhalla’s Battle Pass features 85 tiers of brand new exclusive content unlockable by playing Brawlhalla and completing missions.
All players are automatically granted access to the Battle Pass track and Weekly Missions with an option to purchase the Gold track for numerous extra rewards. More details about the Battle Pass can be found below or at brawlhalla.com/battlepass.
The Galactic War Battle Pass also brings two new Maps for FFA and 2v2 queues and a new Brawl of the Week called Ghost Bubble Tag!
In addition, we made a balance, fixed a bug and updated Power Rankings in this patch update.
To catch the latest Brawlhalla news and content, be sure to follow us on Twitter, Twitch, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Discord!
Orion Prime and Event Horizon Artemis fight in their ultimate and destined calamitous duel! The Galactic War Battle Pass season features 85 tiers of new exclusive rewards unlockable by playing Brawlhalla and completing missions. All players are granted access to the Weekly Missions to unlock even more items! The Battle Pass season will last 12 weeks.
This Battle Pass features Skins for Fait, Ada, and Onyx as well as an animated Epic Skin for Orion and a Progression Skin for Artemis, which includes an animated Skin and Weapons for the third tier.
The Galactic War Battle Pass also features:
- A free track extending through all 12 weeks of the Battle Pass.
- A purchasable Gold Track with additional exclusive rewards like a new Progression Podium.
- All players having access to all the Weekly Missions!
- Two new Maps for Free-for-All and 2v2 queues.
- A new Brawl of the Week called Ghosts Bubble Tag that features the new Map, Void Minor!
- A new exclusive Battle Pass Title Reward!
- A new UI takeover featuring an animated splash art of Orion Prime and Event Horizon Artemis!
- New main menu, character select, and post-game theme music.
- For any completionist out there, a special Avatar awaits you if you complete all 85 tiers.
Exclusive Battle Pass Items
The Galactic War Battle Pass includes brand new rewards that match the theme, like Star Commander Fait, a constellation filled UI theme, an exclusive Title, and even a special Avatar for players who complete all 85 tiers.
All players are automatically granted access to a Battle Pass track to unlock more unique Colors, a new Title reward, Avatars, Emotes, an animated Sidekick, and a Weapon Skin.
- Players can also unlock the Gold track to immediately unlock some exclusive items, like the newest Progression Skin and Podium.
- Unlocking the Gold track grants access to a tremendous amount of additional exclusive items and also contains boosters to unlock rewards even faster.
- Gold Track rewards include the Event Horizon Artemis Progression Skin, Orion Prime Epic Skin, Mammoth Coins, Animated Avatars, and a whole lot more.
Brand New Missions for Battle Pass
The Galactic War Battle Pass comes with new missions to complete!
- All players are granted access to all the Weekly Missions!
- Daily, Weekly, and General missions are available throughout the season.
- Earn Battle Gems by completing missions to earn rewards!
- Battle Gems measure a player’s progress toward the next reward tier.
- Unlocking the Gold track will grant boosters for more opportunities to earn Battle Gems and rewards.
Earn Battle Gems to Level Up
If you’re new to Brawlhalla’s Battle Pass seasons, each week new missions unlock new opportunities to earn more Battle Gems while still allowing previous missions to be completed.
- Battle Gems are earned by completing missions in matchmaking games except for Brawl of the Week.
- Players can get even more Battle Gems just by playing Brawlhalla. Any matchmaking game rewards Battle Pass XP that advances the “Earn Battle Pass XP” mission.
- Completing the mission gives players Gems and a new more challenging “Earn Battle Pass XP” mission.
Players can unlock over 100 new rewards during the Galactic War Battle Pass season, so grab your favorite Legend and start brawling. Players can also use Mammoth Coins to increase progress along the track while the season is active. For more information, check out brawlhalla.com/battlepass.
Phase in and out of visibility as you strike your opponents to capture them in bubbles in this intergalactic war! You and your opponents go invisible when not using powers. Bubbled players can’t attack and have limited movement, but you can free them by tagging them. Capture the entire enemy team to score a point. The first team to 5 points wins!
- Bubble Tag Game Mode
- Ghost Brawl rules – players go invisible when not using powers.
- Capture your opponents in bubbles by striking them!
- Bubbles are visible. Free your teammates by attacking or running into them.
- Bubbled players can even dash to their teammates or away from opponents!
- First team to 5 points wins!
This update brings several balance changes that allow smart movement and well placed attacks to better contest the aerial presence that some of the large weapons command. We have also increased the reliability of follow-up attacks for several underperforming Weapons. Some niche Signatures have also received improvements to allow them to be used in a wider array of situations, while some heavily used Signatures have received adjustments to their risk or reward to better match their overall utility.
The Axe’s largest light attacks can retreat too quickly after an attack, so we have decreased the amount of acceleration allowed during the Neutral Air and Down Air. The Down Light’s Recover time has been slightly increased to similarly emphasize the commitment of such a large attack.
- Axe Down Light: Increased Recover time from 14 Fixed/9 Variable to 14 Fixed/11 Variable.
- Axe Neutral Air: Decreased allowed acceleration during the attack.
- Axe Down Air: Decreased allowed acceleration during the attack.
Given the strong aerial threat the Hammer poses, we have decreased the amount of acceleration allowed during the Neutral Air to make it easier to contest or punish on miss. The Down Air now has a shorter Hit Window and greater Recover time on miss, opening wider avenues of escape and retaliation against this attack. The Time to Hit for the Hammer Recovery has been increased to make this attack easier to contest or escape from during off-stage scenarios.
- Hammer Neutral Air: Decreased allowed acceleration during the attack.
- Hammer Down Air: Decreased Hit Window from 13 to 11; Increased Recover time on miss from 3 Fixed/18 Variable to 4 Fixed/18 Variable.
- Hammer Recovery: Increased Time to Hit from 10 to 12.
The Katar Neutral Air now has less Recover time on hit and greater Stun, granting more time for reliable follow-up attacks on hit. We have also slightly decreased the Recover time on miss for the Down Air’s ground collision, as this attack was slightly too punishable for its small range.
- Katar Neutral Air: Decreased Recover time on hit from 1 Fixed/17 Variable to 0 Fixed/14 Variable; Increased Stun from a range of 23~16 to a range of 24~17.
- Katar Down Air: Decreased Recover time on miss for the ground collision from 7 Fixed/10 Variable to 6 Fixed/10 Variable.
We have reduced the Damage of the Orb’s Neutral Air attack to reduce its overall rate of damage during aerial fights, as this attack is often used as a setup tool for stronger follow-up attacks.
- Orb Neutral Air: Decreased Damage from 14 to 12.
The Rocket Lance Side Light now has a new version of setup location logic. This logic is more strict about where it leaves the target, allowing previous low damage follow-up situations to be done across a larger health range, while also preventing situations where the target is sent too far to attack at high damage ranges. We have also slightly increased the Neutral Air’s threat area for more reliable hits with the front and middle of this attack.
- Lance Side Light: Changed to stricter setup location logic that also gradually changes setup location based on the target’s damage, similar to Gauntlets Down Light; Force changed from 30 Fixed/6 Variable to 55 Fixed/0 Variable.
- Lance Neutral Air: Slightly increased threat area during the beginning and middle of the attack.
We have slightly reduced the Hit Window of the Scythe’s Neutral Air attack to allow for more reliable escapes back to stage against this powerful aerial attack.
- Scythe Neutral Air: Decreased Hit Window from 6 to 5.
Ada’s Neutral Blasters now has significantly less Recover time and greater Force to better match its relatively high demand of accuracy.
- Ada Neutral Blasters: Decreased Recover time from 25 to 20; Increased Force from 60 Fixed/51 Variable to 60 Fixed/53 Variable.
We have increased the Recover time of Gnash’s Neutral Spear and Neutral Hammer to better match their overall threat coverage and built in movement that can be difficult to punish.
- Gnash Neutral Spear: Increased total Recover time from 22 to 24.
- Gnash Neutral Hammer: Increased total Recover time from 15 to 17.
Mordex Side Gauntlets and Down Gauntlets have had their force reduced to bring their knockout potential more in line with their respective threat coverage and utility.
- Mordex Side Gauntlets: Decreased Force from 70 Fixed/52 Variable to 64 Fixed/50 Variable.
- Mordex Down Gauntlets: Decreased Force of the forward version from 60 Fixed/49 Variable to 55 Fixed/44 Variable; Decreased Force of the neutral version from 60 Fixed/50 Variable to 55 Fixed/48 Variable.
Munin’s Side Bow now has greater Recover time to better fit its built-in movement and overall threat coverage. We have also reduced the Force of the Side Bow, Down Bow, and Down Scythe Signatures as they were scoring knockouts too early in most situations.
- Munin Side Bow: Increased total Recover time from 12 to 14; Decreased Force of the wall and aerial bursts from 55 Fixed/43 Variable to 50 Fixed/41 Variable; Decreased Force of the ground version from 62 Fixed/51 Variable to 60 Fixed/50 Variable.
- Munin Down Bow: Decreased Force from 60 Fixed/53 Variable to 58 Fixed/51 Variable.
- Munin Down Scythe: Decreased Force of the grounded version from 65 Fixed/51 Variable to 60 Fixed/50 Variable; Decreased Force of the aerial version from 55 Fixed/45 Variable to 50 Fixed/42 Variable.
We have increased the Minimum Charge time of Petra’s Side Gauntlets to provide a wider opening for player’s to contest or dodge this attack.
- Petra Side Gauntlets: Increased Minimum Charge time from 13 to 15.
The Recover time of Queen Nai’s Neutral Katars has been significantly reduced to be more in line with other similar Signatures and to better serve as an anti-air attack.
- Queen Nai Neutral Katars: Decreased total Recover time from 36 to 24.
Sir Roland’s Side Rocket Lance now gains more momentum from movement, increasing its maximum threat range to be more in line with other similar attacks.
- Sir Roland Side Rocket Lance: Increased momentum from movement such as a dash.
Ulgrim’s Neutral Rocket Lance now has more consistently vertical knockback, allowing for slightly earlier knockouts in most situations. It also has slightly less forward movement before the attack and a shorter Minimum Charge time, allowing this Signature to more reliably strike opponents that are near the user.
- Ulgrim Neutral Lance: The angle of knockback is now more vertical and more consistent; Slightly decreased forward movement during the Time to Hit; Decreased Minimum Charge time from 11 to 10.
- Ulgrim Down Lance: Decreased total Recover time on miss from 25 to 22.
Get everything you need to scale the highest peaks with the Alpine Bundle! The pack includes:
- Kaya Legend Unlock
- Alpine Kaya Skin
- Arctic Edge Spear Weapon Skin
- The North Wind Bow Weapon Skin
- The Running Man Emote
This limited-time promotion is available to all Amazon Prime members. Claim your loot at https://gaming.amazon.com/loot/brawlhalla.
- Updated Power Rankings with final 2021 rankings.
- Fixed a rare crash on Playstation with the inventory menu.
- Fixed a bug where the “To Hell and Back!” achievement was not unlocking.
- Fixed a bug where points-based modes weren’t giving out rewards.
The free-to-play Legend rotation for this week includes: Munin, Wu Shang, Ada, Lin Fei, Jhala, Xull, Petra, Sir Roland, and Magyar.
- Munin – Rocking out to the sweet sounds of her Scythe and Bow, she’s ready to brawl in the Grand Tournament and finish her next Ravenqueen concert!
- Wu Shang – Using the way of peace, discipline and martial arts, he takes down his foes with Spear and Gauntlets!
- Ada – Armed with Blasters and Spear, this nano-tech, elite combat hacker aims to win in the Grand Tournament.
- Lin Fei – A defender of the innocent and teacher of the lost ways. She is a great teacher who has developed her own fighting style, the ‘Way of the Iron Dragon,’ which utilizes her Cannon, Katars and an ancestral dragon-spirit.
- Jhala – Given the title “Exalted Lion” by Apollo himself, Jhala “The Unbroken” takes the glamor of Valhalla in stride while having fun slaying her foes with Axe and Sword.
- Xull – With legendary physical strength, this Axe and Cannon wielding Orc Warlord is ready to challenge everyone and everything in Valhalla!
- Petra – Having been set free from Terminus, Petra sets her eyes on Valhalla with her Orb, Gauntlets, and Darkheart powers.
- Sir Roland – No one in Valhalla feels a greater thirst for victory in the tournament than Sir Roland, as he strikes down his opponents with Rocket Lance and Sword.
- Magyar – As the last remaining member of the Batavian Strazci army and wielding the strength of a 100 elite knights, this spectral guardian has come for the glory of battle with their Greatsword and Hammer!