2024 is getting going! We’re going into week 4 of January and with that exciting things are starting up. The Esports Year 9 schedule has been announced and Valhallan Rank has opened up for the peak ladder climbers for each region. Details about each are listed below.
We appreciate y’all as always. Happy Brawling!
Esports Year 9 Announced
On Tuesday’s Dev Stream we showed off the Esports Year 9 Announcement Video featuring our very own Esports Director, Toast. If you haven’t already checked it out, do so now! Along with the Esports Year 9 Announcement we also released a balance preview post for patch 8.04, Seven will be tournament legal for Brawlhalla Esports Year Nine!
Valhallan Rank is now attainable for the best of the best in each region! Remember, you need to win at least 100 ranked matches in 1v1 or 2v2 to qualify for Valhallan in each respective queue. If you’ve earned this highest rank, share it on social media!
Each region has a limited number of Valhallan positions:
- US-E / EU – Top 150
- SA – Top 100
- SEA / US-W – Top 50
- AUS / JPN – Top 25
- SAF – Top 15
- ME – Top 25
These numbers are based on each region’s population and will be considered for adjustment on a seasonal basis.
Unique Valhallan Rewards
After ranking up, players will immediately receive the Valhallan Avatar, Loading Frame, and Season Title Reward.
Valhallan Loading Frame:
- Unlike other Ranked Loading Frames, the Valhallan Loading Frame can only be used while the player is currently in the Valhallan rank. Players are granted it immediately upon achieving Valhallan, and if they are pushed out of Valhallan rank, the Loading Frame will be revoked when the daily reset occurs (9am UTC/5am EDT/2am PDT).
Valhallan Title Reward:
- Players are awarded a Title immediately upon achieving Valhallan. Each season will have a unique Valhallan Title Reward. The Title is never revoked, regardless of rank.
- Instead of an Avatar that upgrades at the end of each season, the Valhallan Avatar is awarded immediately upon achieving Valhallan.
- The Valhallan Avatar has two states: active and inactive. The active Avatar is rewarded immediately upon achieving the Valhallan rank but can be downgraded to the inactive “Fallen” state if players fall out of Valhallan rank when the daily reset occurs.
- To reactivate the Avatar, players need to reach the Valhallan rank again. Players will retain ownership of the Avatar between seasons, but it will be in the “Fallen” state at the start of every season.
Brawl of the Week – Capture the Flag
Protect your team’s flag while stealing the enemy team’s flag in this 3v3 game mode for control of Demon Island! Unite both flags at your base to score a point. Watch out! You’ll drop the enemy’s flag if you take damage. Players can return their flags to their base by touching it. First team to 3 points wins!
- Capture the Flag Game Mode
- 3v3 Team
- Unite your flag with the enemy’s flag at your base to score points!
- First team to 3 points wins!
The free-to-play Legend rotation for this week features: Hattori, Scarlet, Lucien, Magyar, Sidra, Xull, Dusk, Mordex, and Munin.
- Hattori – A gifted ninja with unparalleled skill with the Sword and Spear has discovered Valhalla. Will she find any worthy challengers there?
- Scarlet – A former women’s boxing champion from England and head of the Royal Airship Navy, Scarlet used her ingenuity and knowledge of steam powered machines to build her own Rocket Lance and Hammer to take into battle.
- Lucien – This mysterious highwayman is always scheming for gold, and now has come to Valhalla to take part in the tournament wielding Katars and Blasters!
- Magyar – As the last remaining member of the Batavian Strazci army and wielding the strength of a 100 elite knights, this spectral guardian has come for the glory of battle with their Greatsword and Hammer!
- Sidra – Known for her legendary and fearless raids, the Corsair Queen is prepared to fight with her Sword and Cannon!
- Xull – With legendary physical strength, this Axe and Cannon wielding Orc Warlord is ready to challenge everyone and everything in Valhalla!
- Dusk – Wielding his Spear and a powerful Orb carved from stone and magic, Dusk seeks to spread chaos throughout Valhalla!
- Mordex – Wielding his Gauntlets and Scythe, this lycanthrope steps into battle!
- Munin – Rocking out to the sweet sounds of her Scythe and Bow, she’s ready to brawl in the Grand Tournament and finish her next Ravenqueen concert!