Pair up for a sandy 2v2 game of Volleybrawl! Featured for the first time in the Brawl of the Week queue, get ready to hone your skills in this new Game Mode.
The competition ramps up for Brawlhalla Esports with the first LAN of the year – DreamHack San Diego 2023! Featuring a total prize pool of $70,000, tune in to our livestream to watch the best players around the world and earn viewership rewards, like the new RGB Blasters.
Last week, Thea made her debut as the 58th Legend in Brawlhalla. This Eternal Sports champion relishes using her Battle Boots & Rocket Lance skills in the Grand Tournament.
- Thea – “The Speedster”
- Weapons: Battle Boots, Rocket Lance
- Stats: 4 Strength, 6 Dexterity, 3 Defense, 9 Speed
- “Once Thea began winning in the Grand Tournament, a new world of possibility opened to her – endorsements. She single-handedly invented sports marketing in Asgard, and watched in delight as her Eternal Sports empire grew… At this point she’s so rich she could probably just buy the Hermes’ Helmet back from Odin, but she’s staying around to win it back instead. She doesn’t miss her life with the other Olympians. This crowd is so much livelier…and weirder.”
Thea sprints in with 3 new Skins:
- Gorgon Thea – “Hope you brought a shield!” Bonus: Snakes react along with Thea.
- Gridrunner Thea – “The goggles keep the bugs out.”
- Mach 25 Thea – “If you’re not first… well obviously you’re not first if you’re racing me!”
Thea also brings new swag into Mallhalla:
- Eternal Pottery Avatar – “Legend says that the Olympian gods were ahead of the game.”
- Thea BRB Emoji Skin – “Olympus is calling, be right back!”
For those who missed Thea’s Eternal Sports Avatar giveaway last patch, it is now available to purchase in Mallhalla!
Patch 7.06 brought with it several new experimental features! We introduced a new Gadget into the world of Brawlhalla – the Boomerang! This nimble Gadget hits anyone in its way when thrown, and while homing back to its thrower. We’re also testing a new short-hop accessibility feature that aims to reduce the barrier-of-entry to the advanced “fastfall” mechanic. See below for full details!
New Gadget: Boomerang
- Available to try with Test Features on, in the Experimental queue, or practice with it in Training mode.
- This Gadget flies in a large arc when thrown, homes back to its thrower, and hits anyone in its way.
- The first gadget to travel through opponents!
- Designed to reduce the barrier-of-entry to an advanced (but often essential) game mechanic.
- It allows you to more easily be able to fastfall after a jump by allowing the ‘Down’ input to be held any time after the jump. When the minimum height threshold for fastfall is reached after jumping, you will begin fastfalling at a near-optimal time without having to wait for the minimum height threshold before pressing ‘Down’.
- More optimal timing can still be achieved by short-hopping the old fashioned way – by waiting for the minimum height threshold before pressing ‘Down’.
Disarmed Visual Effects Revisions
- Based on player feedback & internal review, we’ve updated the colors on the Disarmed Visual Effects to be more distinct from other collision FX.
For even more information, visit brawlhalla.com/test-features.
Pair up for a sandy 2v2 game of Volleybrawl! Hit the ball to change it to your team’s color. If the ball touches the opposing team’s floor while it’s your team’s color, it’ll do damage. Deplete their HP to score a point. Be careful: if the ball is still for too long or is hit four times without changing sides it’ll reset. First to three points wins!
- New Volleybrawl Game Mode
- Deplete the enemy team’s HP by changing the ball to your team color to score a point.
- First to 3 points wins!
Like a blazing comet in the sky, the Mysterious Stranger Bundle has arrived! Orion presents a selection of some of his finest battle attire and much more in this new pack which includes:
- Orion Legend Unlock
- Harbinger Orion Skin
- Kabuto Orion Skin
- Next Level Emote
- The Reads Emote
This promotion is free to all Amazon Prime members in supported regions. Claim your loot at brawlhalla.com/prime.
Brawlhalla Esports Year Eight kicks off with its first LAN of the year at DreamHack San Diego! This tournament features a total prize pool of $70,000 split evenly between Singles and Doubles.
Don’t miss any of the action, tune in to watch on twitch.tv/brawlhalla!
- Friday, April 7 – 2v2 Matches
- Saturday, April 8 – 1v1 Matches
- Sunday, April 9 – Finals
Watch the Twitch stream all weekend long to earn Esports Viewership Rewards! Rewards for DreamHack San Diego are:
- Esports Colors v.3
- RGB Blasters Weapon Skin
- “Sandy” Title Reward
To learn more about Brawlhalla Esports Year Eight, visit brawlhalla.com/esports.
The free-to-play Legend rotation for this week features Caspian, Cassidy, Asuri, Magyar, Lord Vraxx, Xull, Zariel, Fait, and Kaya.
- Caspian – Led by his showmanship and thirst for danger, he has come to Valhalla armed with Katars and Gauntlets to put on a show!
- Cassidy – The Marshal of the Old West is ready to instill justice into Valhalla with both Hammer and Blasters!
- Asuri – This Night Stalker has claimed the Tournament as her territory and sets upon challengers to her domain using Katars and Sword!
- Lord Vraxx – This feared warlord dominates his opponents with Rocket Lance and Blasters. Now join the Zhaktari in kneeling before him or your planet will be destroyed!
- Xull – With legendary physical strength, this Axe and Cannon wielding Orc Warlord is ready to challenge everyone and everything in Valhalla!
- Zariel – The Celestial, a warrior deity of Holy Justice, who abides in blessed Elysium. Zariel uses Gauntlets and Bow to take down both Demon hordes and any warrior participating in the Grand Tournament.
- Fait – Speaking to the stars and using glimpses of the future, Fait battles for good with her Scythe and Orb!
- Kaya – Using her bow, spear and spirit animals, she is ready to try her luck in the Grand Tournament!