Test Features are our way to try potentially large gameplay and balance changes with the entire Brawlhalla community.
There are two ways to access test features.
1: You can enable test features in custom lobbies or Couch Party by going into the game settings and turning ‘Test Features’ to on.
2: You can queue for the 1v1 Experimental Queue where all test features are on by default.
Current Test Features
Active Test Maps: DuplexArena
Interrupted Recovery FX:
When the beginning of a player’s Recovery attack is interrupted, a special effect will appear.
Soft Platform Quality of Life:
This test feature aims to reduce frustration with soft platforms by reducing accidental Ledge Cancels – where a Down Air or Ground Pound input snaps to a soft platform and fires a grounded attack – while providing players with a means of snapping to soft platforms more intentionally by Dashing.
- When approaching a soft platform from above, if holding down for 4 or more frames, down attack inputs will always result in a Down Air or Ground Pound instead of a grounded attack.
- When approaching a soft platform from below, down attack inputs will not result in a grounded attack.
- When approaching a soft platform from below, increased the threshold where Dodge inputs will snap to the platform and result in a Dash.
Feedback we’re looking for:
- Does it feel good while you’re playing?
- Were there any weird pops or jitters or did the camera feel smooth for you?
- Additional feedback is good!
If you’ve taken video / GIF recordings you want to share hit up the Brawlhalla Twitter