We’re celebrating the most prestigious online championship of the year with a MTN DEW AMP GAME FUEL Championship Event that includes the first earnable items, daily login bonus Gold, and more! We’re also continuing to roll out language options, and now localization is available on PS4 and Xbox One. Additionally, we’ve added new test features, made some game improvements, fixed a few bugs, and more.
To catch the latest Brawlhalla news and content, be sure to follow us on Twitter, Twitch, Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram!
We’re proud to host the most monumental online championship in Brawlhalla history with an event! The MTN DEW AMP GAME FUEL Championship Event will include the first ever earnable cosmetic items in Brawlhalla. These earnable items will only be available during the event.
Registration for the MTN DEW AMP GAME FUEL Championship is still open! Don’t miss out on this epic online tournament in Brawlhalla history with $40,000 on the line.
Everyone is welcome and encouraged to compete in official Brawlhalla esports events. There is no required rank or experience to participate. Competitors improve by competing! Get in there and have fun! Register for the tournament at smash.gg/brawlhalla.
Full details on what items are available during the event and how to earn them are below:
- Charged Bödvar Gamer Avatar
- Earn this free avatar by simply logging on during the event!
- Face your competition with charged power!
- Charged Ada Gamer Avatar
- “Winner takes all.”
- Purchasable with your hard-earned Gold for a limited time!
- Sweet Taste of Victory Taunt
- Earn this free Taunt by gaining XP through queue matches!
- Show your opponents how victory can taste.
- Charged OG Colors
- Earn these free Colors by winning match made games for each Legend!
- Feel the charge with these black, green, and white colors.
- Available for every Legend!
The MTN DEW AMP GAME FUEL Championship Event will also feature a UI Takeover and +250 Gold per login!
PS4 and Xbox One now have language options! Brawlhalla will automatically change to your console’s system language, if that language is available. If you have feedback about our language options, please submit it through this form.
- Some of the main portions of the game are now available in: Korean, Russian, Chinese (Traditional), Chinese (Simplified), French, German, Italian, Japanese, Brazilian Portuguese, and Spanish.
- To change the system language on Xbox One:
- Press the menu key of the controller.
- Go to Settings > System.
- Go to the Location section and select “Language & Location”.
- Use the “Language” menu to make your selection.
- To change the system language on PS4:
- From the PlayStation dashboard, select “Settings” on the top right and press X.
- Scroll down until you see “Language” and press X.
- Select “System Language” and press X.
- The menu will present a list of available languages to choose from.
- After choosing a language option, the game should now launch in your selected language.
- Special thanks to Jake for suggestions on our Korean translation!
Team up with 3 friends and defend the gates of the Great Hall against an army of demons! How many waves can you hold off? Do well enough and Gruagach might join the fight against you!
- New Horde Game Mode
- 4 players
- Fight the waves of demons!
- Survive and defend as long as you can!
- Use your hard-earned Gold to receive the new Charged Ada Gamer Avatar, available for a limited time during this event!
- The Forbidden and Dragon’s Chests are available with exclusive Skins for a limited time.
- Check out the new Sales items!
We’ve added a few new test features, like a new test Map, Double Gravity Cancel, and more! Please let us know your experience with these new test features. Check out brawlhalla.com/test-features for more information.
- The wall touch dust cloud is graduating out of test features and into the live build.
New Test Map – Duplex Arena
- We have decided to rotate Duplex Arena in place of the Danger Zone Test Map.
Double Gravity Cancel
An unintended interaction was recently found where vertical Chase Dodges could be used for an additional Gravity Canceled neutral or down attack.
We have removed this bug due to the complex, unintuitive conditions and inputs necessary to use it.
However, there are potentially fun and creative results gained from Chase Dodges allowing for Gravity Cancels, so we have explored making this a designed feature as detailed below.
- Chase Dodge forgiveness after a hit can now be used as a Spot Dodge. This can be used to perform a second Gravity Cancel.
- Like other Chase Dodges, an attack cannot be cancelled into itself this way, but grounded and Gravity Cancelled versions of a power are not treated as the same attack.
- In other words, Down Light -> Gravity Cancel Down Light -> Gravity Cancel Neutral Signature is possible, but Down Light -> Gravity Cancel Down Light – > Gravity Cancel Down Light is not.
Axe Quality of Life
- Axe Down Air now has a wide, shallow chop when performed while landing on the ground.
- Axe Ground Pound is now a single spin, down from a double spin, for more mobility.
- Trigger hitbox when held is now on the character and appears near the beginning on the charge.
- Vertical fall speed is reduced during the recover time of the power.
- Horizontal momentum from movement carries over into the beginning of the charge.
- Improved art layering on the back arm on the Sword’s Idle animation to reduce clipping on certain skins.
- Adjusted Nimue’s character select animation so that her feet don’t obscure the “Dusk Crossover” text beneath her in the pre-match loading screen.
- Tweaked Lord Vraxx’s Lance Neutral Signature animation to play more smoothly on hit.
- Fixed a memory leak affecting all consoles.
- Fixed the display of Career stats in the Meet the Legend tab when switching users on Xbox One.
- Removed a bug where vertical Chase Dodges could be downgraded in order to get a second Gravity Cancel. See Test Features for more details.
The Legend rotation for this week includes: Val, Ada, Lord Vraxx, Rayman, Koji, Thor, Mirage, and Lin Fei.
- Val – An android assassin with terrifying strength and quicker-than-light cognition, Val is a force to be reckoned with when utilizing her Sword and Gauntlets.
- Ada – Armed with Blasters and Spear, this nano-tech, elite combat hacker aims to win in the Grand Tournament.
- Lord Vraxx – This feared warlord dominates his opponents with Rocket Lance and Blasters!
- Rayman -The Champion of the Glade of Dreams, wielding his Gauntlets and Axe, has found his way into Valhalla on a mission to save his home.
- Koji – Armed with his ancestral katana, Koji slices his way through the battlefield with Sword and Bow!
- Thor – Finally entering the ring, Thor, God of Thunder, makes his appearance in the Grand Tournament with his trusty Hammer, Mjölnir, and his powerful Orb.
- Mirage – An occultist, martial artist, and spy, this agent uses the powers of magic and time-travel along with her Scythe and Spear to take down her foes.
- Lin Fei – A defender of the innocent and teacher of the lost ways. She is a great teacher who has developed her own fighting style, the ‘Way of the Iron Dragon,’ which utilizes her Cannon, Katars and an ancestral dragon-spirit.