We’ve got an exciting update to share with y’all about what Account Linking will look like in Brawlhalla!
Account Linking in Brawlhalla is slated to fully release in 2023. It will be released in two phases, with phase one introducing Cross-Inventory and phase two introducing Cross-Progression.
Phase one has released in Patch 7.09 and phase two is aimed to release later this year (2023).
Phase 1, What is Cross-Inventory?
Cross-Inventory allows you to combine the inventories of your different Brawlhalla accounts across different platforms so that Items you’ve purchased with Mammoth Coins, Gold, or Glory can be used on one platform. Mammoth Coins & platform exclusives are not shared across platforms.
There is a chance that DLC will work differently from platform to platform. We’ll have more details on DLC at a later date.
Phase 2, What is Cross-Progression?
Cross-Progression, to be released at a later date, allows you to gain Account XP, Character XP, Ranked Elo, Battlepass Missions, Gold, Glory, and Stances on an account from a different platform than the one you are playing on.
The platforms listed below are examples.
- Step 1
In Brawlhalla’s game settings, select the new option “Account Linking” and sign into or create your Ubisoft account.
Note: A Ubisoft account is required to utilize account linking in Brawlhalla. However, the Ubisoft Connect launcher is not required.
- Step 2
Link the account from the platform you are on to your Ubisoft account. This will need to be done from all platforms you wish to connect to your Ubisoft account.
Note: You can only connect one account from each platform to your Ubisoft account.
- Step 3
Choose the platform you wish to play on and log in to Brawlhalla. Select the “Account Linking” option from the top right menu. You will now see a list of all the accounts that are linked. From here, you can choose one account from the list to be the active linked account. The account you choose will now share its inventory with the platform account you are currently playing on.
Note: The active linked account can be changed at any time within Brawlhalla, but only one can be active at a time.
- Step 4
When Cross-Progression is released, you will also be able to select between your current platform account or the active linked account to earn progression on, while still sharing the inventory of the active linked account.
- What will my name be displayed as when I’ve selected an active linked account?
Your identity in-game will be based on the current platform account you are using.
- Why release this in two phases?
To get these features into your hands as soon as possible.
- Do I lose any items when linking accounts?
No. Items don’t get transferred or deleted. The inventories get combined and all owned items are available to select from between your current platform account and active linked account.
- Can I have all my platform accounts linked to my Ubisoft account without having any active linked account selected?
Yes. You are not required to have an active linked account.
- When Cross-Progression launches, can I share the inventory of one account while progressing on a different account?
Yes. You will be able to choose between your platform account or your active linked account to earn progression on while still sharing the inventory from the active linked account.
- I don’t have any secondary account. Do I need to link my Brawlhalla account to a Ubisoft account?
No. If you do not wish to utilize account linking, you don’t have to consider any of this! Everything will work as it always has for you.
- What happens when I purchase items with Mammoth Coins while I have an active linked account?
Mammoth Coin purchases go to the current platform account inventory. You can not purchase items for one platform from a different platform.
- Can my active linked account be played on at the same time on different platforms?
No. You will be automatically signed out of Brawlhalla on linked accounts.
- Is it quick and easy to change which account I have set as my active linked account?
Yes! It takes just a few seconds to open the account linking menu and change your active linked account.
- What about my clan and friends list?
Your clan and friends list is related to your player identity, which is linked to your current platform account. For example, if you are playing on Steam, your friends list will reflect your Steam friends list regardless of what you have set as your active linked account.
- Can I link my alternate Steam account in addition to my main?
Only one account from each platform can be linked to your Ubisoft account.
- I want to connect a different account for a platform I already have connected to my Ubisoft account. What can I do?
You can unlink your accounts at any time. However, you will only be able to re-link the same account you had originally connected to your Ubisoft account.
When you unlink an account, your platform username will remain visible in the Linked Accounts section of the Account Information page.
To link a different platform account to your Ubisoft account, please contact Ubisoft Support.
- Will every platform be available for this system on launch?
We’re trying to launch on as many platforms at the same time as possible, but we may have to launch some platforms at different times than others.
- When does this launch?
We are aiming to launch Cross-Inventory in an upcoming patch in June. Cross-Progression will launch later this year.
- When I set an account as my active linked account, does my inventory get shared with the current platform account forever?
The inventories are only shared from the additional account while it is set as the active linked account. When this account is no longer set as the active linked account, the items from that account are no longer shared with the current platform account until it is set again as the active linked account.
- I haven’t logged into one of my accounts in a long time and can’t set it as my Active Linked Account, what’s going on?
Accounts need to have logged into Brawlhalla within the last 30 days to use Cross-Inventory and Cross-Progression.
- Can a banned account be linked to this system?