Cold and brilliant with malevolent power, the Enchantress joins the Shovel Knight crew in Valhalla! This week we are celebrating a brand new Epic Crossover with our friends at Yacht Club. We’re welcoming her with +250 bonus login gold for you all week! Fait also has had her price reduced to 5400 Gold and debuts on the free-to-play Legend rotation. We are continuing our roll out of language options with Russian now available! For those in the pursuit for Glory, the new Ranked Season 12 will start on March 27th. Additionally, we made some game and performance improvements, tweaked test features, added balance changes, and fixed a handful of bugs.
“Let us dance together into the abyss!” The Enchantress enters Valhalla as an Epic Crossover with Shovel Knight and his crew! As an Epic Crossover, the Enchantress will feature Signature FX Swaps, Custom Lock-in Animation, Legend Name Swap, Icon Swap, and two new Weapon Skins. The Enchantress is an alternate costume for Fait in Brawlhalla and will be staying in Mallhalla after the event ends.
- The Enchantress as a Fait Epic Crossover Skin – “You may kneel and pledge your loyalty now.”
- Shovel Knight as a Gnash Epic Crossover Skin – “By the creed of Shovelry: Slash Mercilessly and Dig Tirelessly!”
- Black Knight as an Orion Epic Crossover Skin – “The Yin to Shovel Knight’s Yang.”
- King Knight as a Sir Roland Epic Crossover Skin – “Always dressed to the nines and ready for a brutal coronation!”
- Plague Knight as a Caspian Epic Crossover Skin – “The bomb is mightier than the sword.”
- Specter Knight as a Nix Epic Crossover Skin – “Into the darkness, the reaper cometh.”
This Shovel Knight event also includes:
- Daily login bonus of 250 Gold to celebrate the Enchantress’s crossover!
- Our Shovel Knight themed map, Plains of Passage, featured in the Brawl of the Week.
- A Shovel Knight UI Takeover!
- Fait’s price now reduced to 5400 Gold!
- For a limited time, the Celestial and Sunken Chests are available with exclusive Skins.
- Check out the new Sales items!
Pick your best 5 Legends and face off against your opponent’s best 5 Legends in this intense 300% damage battle! When you lose a stock, the next Legend in your list spawns in, ready to fight. KO your opponent 5 times to win!
- 1v1 Strikeout
- 5 Stocks
- 300% Damage
- Legend changes after each stock!
We’re excited to continue improving and rolling out our language options. Thank you to those who have already submitted feedback! Russian is now an available language. If you have feedback about our language options, please submit it through this form.
- We’ve made some corrections to the Spanish translation, special thanks to /u/Juangana!
- Thanks to kuropapu for helping us improve Japanese localization!
- Some of the main portions of the game are now available in: Russian, Chinese (Traditional), Chinese (Simplified), French, German, Italian, Japanese, Brazilian Portuguese, and Spanish.
- To select a new language, go to Options > System Settings.
- Improved framerates on all platforms by preloading KO-effects, explosions, and other game images during loading screens.
- Console performance improvements on level selection screen.
- Optimized Next Level taunt effects to run better on consoles.
- Optimized Queen Nai’s Spear side signature effects to run more smoothly.
- Optimized explosion effects in the Fireworks Taunt to run more smoothly.
- You can now set your KO Effect to “Random”, which will then randomly pick one of your owned KO Effects at the beginning of each match that will display for the entirety of that match.
- Fixed a bug where the input list would sometimes point to a button other than the one that was currently being bound. The list of inputs will also no longer clip outside the controller binding window when choosing an input for a button.
- Fixed an Xbox One bug where you could get stuck in an offline Couch or Training lobby if the only player that was in the previous game no longer has a controller bound to them. It will now boot you to the main menu instead of sending you back to the lobby.
- Steam: Fixed a bug where some controllers could not be disabled because the option to hide them was erroneously being hidden.
- Fixed a crash when attempting to refund purchases without a network connection.
- Fixed a bug where owned Colors were not properly sorting to the end of the list on the Colors tab in Mallhalla.
- Fixed the News Page patch notes link to now navigate correctly to http://www.brawlhalla.com/patch.
- Fixed a bug causing Shin Sekai Koji’s roster icon to not correctly change during character select.
- Fixed upside-down forearms on Fait’s character select animation.
- Adjusted Taunt animations to not shift as much when transitioning in and out of their animations.
- Fixed a visual bug where part of the hand art in the default Taunt would appear missing.
- Fait Side Orb: Fixed a case where the target could be dropped before the final hit. (Credit: Tilty & Expired)
- Fixed gaps in the Shovel Knight logo on Xbox One and PS4.
- Fixed a problem where some art was being rendered at low resolution on Xbox One.
The new Warshuttle Map found in the Experimental Queue has been given a few adjustments listed below. Please try it out and let us know how it feels! Check out brawlhalla.com/test-features for more information.
- The player Respawn points have been adjusted to be more even.
- The item spawn position has been fixed as well.
- The Test Map Warshuttle has also been given an initial spawn for 1v1.
- The Warshuttle Map’s bottom kill line distance from the camera has been lowered from 1053 to 700.
This week’s balance adjustments are focused on smoothing out some individually overtuned attacks that have proven to be too strong within their respective kits. Some have received greater Recover time for more counterattack opportunities, while others have been adjusted to rein in overly-powerful team combos. We have given a boost to some individual attacks that have been underperforming, while also continuing our more fundamental updates to senior Legends, with Ada receiving special attention.
We have reduced the stun on the Unarmed Side Air to open a dodge window to potential follow-up attacks. This should help bring key string routes in line with the expected disadvantage of being weaponless, as their potential damage was too great during early health ranges.
- Unarmed Side Air: Decreased Stun from 19 to 17.
A small amount of Variable Force has been added to the Down Light, as well as an increase to Cooldown on hit, in order to enable a greater degree of Directional Influence when struck by multiple instances of this power. This will allow easier escapes from repetitive team combos using this attack, while keeping individual string potential consistent through most health ranges.
- Lance Down Light: Increased Cooldown on hit from 11 to 16; Increased Force from 50 Fixed/0 Variable to 50 Fixed/5 Variable.
The Scythe has been slightly outpacing other weapons at high level play, so we have opened more areas of opportunity to play around two of its most common attacks. The Neutral Light now has less coverage at the front and rear of the swing, opening it to more counterattacks from mobile opponents or allowing easier escape options. In the aerial kit, the Ground Pound now has greater Recover time, so players may more easily counterattack or land on stage upon successful evasion.
- Scythe Neutral Light: Improved Hitboxing to better match the animation, resulting in slightly less horizontal coverage at the end of the swing.
- Scythe Ground Pound: Increased Recover time from 3 Fixed/17 Variable to 3 Fixed/20 Variable.
Given the Neutral Light’s lengthy Hit Window, we have decreased the Recover time on miss so it may better serve as a tool to quickly check an opponent’s advance during the neutral game. We have also slightly increased its Damage to better match similar options on other weapon kits.
- Gauntlets Neutral Light: Decreased Recover time on miss from 0 Fixed/20 Variable to 0 Fixed/17 Variable; Increased Damage from 13 to 14.
The Neutral Air is an incredibly quick option against opponents floating above you, however the Blasters could rotate into other attacks too quickly for most kits to answer. We have increased the Recover time on miss to allow for greater counterplay against trigger-happy opponents.
- Blasters Neutral Air: Increased Recover time on miss from 0 Fixed/14 Variable to 2 Fixed/14 Variable.
Ada has received a number of improvements to her Hitboxing and Hurtboxing, among other adjustments to better match her stats, as we continue to update senior Legends. Scarlet’s Neutral Hammer proved to be able to attack too quickly in too large of an area, so we have reduced the grounded coverage near the front and removed the grounded coverage at the rear of the attack, allowing users to more easily spot dodge or dodge through this attack. It also has more Recover time to allow for greater advantage when successfully evading this attack. Other notable changes include Yumiko’s Neutral and Side Bow now have greatly increased evasion and priority while she is traveling to more easily challenge opponents.
- Scarlet Neutral Hammer: Increased Recover time from 17 to 21; Slightly decreased grounded coverage at the front of the attack; Removed grounded coverage at the rear of the attack.
- Ada Down Spear: Improved Hurtboxing to better match the animation.
- Ada Side Spear: Improved Hurtboxing to better match the animation; Improved foot registration, resulting in increased forward travel before the strike; Decreased Force from 65 Fixed/56 Variable to 65 Fixed/53 Variable; Angle of knockback is now slightly more horizontal.
- Ada Neutral Spear: Improved Hurtboxing to better match the animation; Improved Hitboxing to better match the animation; Decreased Force from 75 Fixed/63 Variable to 70 Fixed/54 Variable.
- Ada Side Blasters: Improved Hurtboxing to better match the animation; Improved Hitboxing to better match the animation, resulting in less vertical coverage on each shot; Improved foot registration, resulting in a greater backstep after the final blast; Decreased gaps between each shot in the Hit Window; Increased Hit Window from 21 to 25; Decreased base Damage from 31 to 26; Decreased Recover time from 21 to 15.
- Xull Side Axe: Increased base Damage from 23 to 27.
- Yumiko Neutral Bow: Updated Hurtboxing, resulting in increased priority and evasion when traveling.
- Yumiko Side Bow: Updated Hurtboxing, resulting in increased priority and evasion when traveling.
Fait debuts on the Legend rotation for the first time! This week’s rotation also includes: Diana, Jhala, Caspian, Nix, Sir Roland, Gnash, and Orion.
- Fait – Speaking to the stars and using glimpses of the future, Fait battles for good with her Scythe and Orb!
- Diana – Commander of the Order’s hunters, she uses her Bow and Blasters to slay countless beasts and monsters.
- Jhala – Given the title “Exalted Lion” by Apollo himself, Jhala “The Unbroken” takes the glamor of Valhalla in stride while having fun slaying her foes with Axe and Sword.
- Caspian – Led by his showmanship and thirst for danger, he has come to Valhalla armed with Katars and Gauntlets to put on a show!
- Nix – Led by a thousand year hunt, this reaper, armed with both Blasters and Scythe, has found herself new bounty in Valhalla.
- Sir Roland – No one in Valhalla feels a greater thirst for victory in the tournament than Sir Roland, as he strikes down his opponents with Rocket Lance and Sword.
- Gnash – In the darkness, before the dawn of history, this Legend was raised by the harsh jungle itself. This Super Hunter uses Grappling Hammer and Spear in battle.
- Orion – A revered warrior and champion, the mysterious armored knight uses Rocket Lance and Spear to battle his foes in the halls of Valhalla!